Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Full House At Tallaght

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Dean View Post
    The above statement personifies the typical LOI supporter. Good aul negativity.

Shams are traditonally well supported and there is no reason why they cannot maintain or even increase their support into the future. They have thrown down the gauntlet to the rest of us and as a supporter owned club fair play to them. Statements like the above show they will bring existing LOI fans kicking and screaming to progress.
    Its true though!

Hopefully they can maintain the crowds, but NOBODY in the League has ever managed to sustain high crowds and almost every club has had them at some stage in their history.

What Rovers is doing now is good for the League (a well run club competing for trophies) but they need to change history and cultural psyches in order to make it last.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derry View Post
    It's good to see a club get good support. However there are extenuating circumstances that may be the cause of the big support, ie new stands, new club to the area and you doing well. Soon the new stands and being new to the area will be a thing of the past, then you'll have to really work to sustain your crowds. Which i hope you do, as there's nothing better than a well filled ground.
    Which is why I hope SR don't win the league this year - too much too soon will leave the new fans expecting to win everything all the time & they can get disillusioned very quickly with a few bad results.
    On the other hand - a good second place finish this year, European football & the chance to go one better next year - gives the anticipation that keeps people coming back.
    & if Rovers could then win the league NEXT year - all those new fans will have 18+ months under their belts - there's no going back at that stage, they'll be SR & LOI for life
    http://trophymanager.com/?c=489688
    Trophy Manager - online football managment game - I like it - I think I'm getting obsessed with it though.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tipptops View Post
    Negativity or Realism?

The LOI is currently living in cloud cuckoo land in financial terms. It is as obvious as the nose on your face that full-time soccer will never prosper in Ireland. Perhaps it will take the disintegration of one of the bigger clubs for some people to realise this. Its totally mad the way lads are pointing to Rovers and saying how great they are and there is no reason they can't go on to achieve x,y and z. Lets not forget its only a matter of months since they paid off 4c in the euro off their debts.
    Just had a look at your 'last 10 posts'
    You are a real UP person, aren't you?
    (although I somehow found myself agreeing with your comments about Greens/FF )
    http://trophymanager.com/?c=489688
    Trophy Manager - online football managment game - I like it - I think I'm getting obsessed with it though.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Negativity or Realism?

The LOI is currently living in cloud cuckoo land in financial terms. It is as obvious as the nose on your face that full-time soccer will never prosper in Ireland. Perhaps it will take the disintegration of one of the bigger clubs for some people to realise this. Its totally mad the way lads are pointing to Rovers and saying how great they are and there is no reason they can't go on to achieve x,y and z. Lets not forget its only a matter of months since they paid off 4c in the euro off their debts.

For me its negativity. Shams have 2500 season ticket holders with projections of 3000 next year. A good manager, a good brand, stadium and location. I admit i am an optimist and my view (despite the problems of some clubs, note not all) a break through in europe will happen eventually and that will hopefully at a minimum maintain the interest if not kick it on.

If we are to be negative all the time , whats the point?

Part of attracting more crowds to LOI is the current fans selling it to friends/family etc. Who is going to go to a LOI game as a first timer based on all the negative comments on this forum?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eamo1 View Post
    Is the game live on TG4 or any channel?It doesnt matter to me as ill be in Terryland Park but would be great for the league for a full house top of the table clash derby game to be seen by the country.
    Yeah the game is live on 'Sacar Beo' @ 7:30pm Friday night.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    I think the crowds currently going to Tallaght are fantastic, and there is no doubt that good facilities, atmosphere and results will keep people coming back.

But the fact that there is an element of novelty involved (which will obviously wear off at some stage) must be considered, and Shamrock Rovers would be foolish not to realise it. However, I am sure they have considered it, and will keep looking for ways to attract new fans and keep as many fans as possible.

The wearing off of the novelty factor need not impact on attendances if other efforts to attract and keep fans are successful enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CuanaD View Post
    Which is why I hope SR don't win the league this year - too much too soon will leave the new fans expecting to win everything all the time & they can get disillusioned very quickly with a few bad results.
    On the other hand - a good second place finish this year, European football & the chance to go one better next year - gives the anticipation that keeps people coming back.
    I'd agree with that sentiment.
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts
    There's more to the mascot price than that, as has already been posted here. (It may or mayn't be worth it, but it's not as stingy as you make out)

You've started off by posting a lot of unfounded rumours or nonsense posts like that one. How's about a sensible contribution for a change?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    someone sounds jealous/bitter!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts
    Half the rest of the league has done the same thing. At least Rovers have learnt from it, and have built the fanbase they have through proper marketing and hard work.

Anyone who has a problem with that has a serious chip on their shoulder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    A sensible contribution?

There are lads on here saying how great it is that Rovers are getting big crowds and are top of the League. How did they do it? By not paying their debts...4c for every euro they owed is what they paid and now lads want to clap them on the back because 18 months later they are surviving without passing around the begging bowl...it is a disgrace.

Whats to stop the rest of the clubs doing the same thing?
    Are you perhaps the GAA foot.ie undercover operative by any chance?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Whats to stop the rest of the clubs doing the same thing?
    Yeah - what's to stop the rest of the clubs getting a 6,000 sell out?
    Together with all our hearts.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I presume you mean Rovers selling it to young kids for €175 a pop just to be the mascot and get a pair of socks and togs.....Rubbish.
    I think that sack of spuds on your shoulder is weighing you down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey4ireland View Post
    Worst boycott ever
    Please post all issues on the failure to cleanse foot.ie of Rovers fans on Sheridan's visitor page.
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey4ireland View Post
    Worst boycott ever
    oi! thats my line Langer!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Ah shure it will be even better for SDCC next year when Shels move in. It will be great, a "home" for Shels after all these months.
    So where are you coming from? What club do you support? Do you have a degree in economics or marketing? Or are you just an angry 14 year old who was bullied by a LOI supporter?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ah shure it will be even better for SDCC next year when Shels move in. It will be great, a "home" for Shels after all these months.
    Haha some man! Seeing as you keep banging on about this 4c in the the Euro, then you must have been affected by it?

A lot of people are talking about waiting for the novelty factor to wear off with Tallaght. I don't think it'll wear off as quickly as it has with other clubs, for the fact that the matchday experience (Am takling personally here from visiting the stadium) is much better than what is offered in any other ground in the league. The buzz around the ground and in the hotel bar before the games we've played Rovers in were electric and you had the sense that this wasn't the normal, run of the mill LOI game.

I've no love of Rovers, but I have to put my hands up and say that what's being done in Tallaght is fantastic. And it makes me laugh so much when I read the bitter/jealous comments from the majority of Bohs fans on their forum about how their rivals are getting on.

If they spent half of time trying to sort out their own club rather than looking for another bitter swipe at Rovers then they probably would be in a better financial shape at the moment.
    Forzadrogs.....A blog by a Drog with an opinion!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    They don't know anything about LoI 'soccer' where he's from, 25 years is a long time on the mountain. Still, let him shake his stick, it's a bit of fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts
    The ground was built by the SDCC. The club such as it is at the moment - in particular, the sell-out crowds - was built by Rovers' fans.

LOL at the notion that you're trying to give Bohs moral superiority because Rovers sold their ground and squandered the proceeds whereas Bohs didn't.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Utter drivel. I have seen so many inaccuracies crammed into a single post.

I see you are new to this forum so you may not be aware that you're rehashing issues that have been debated and discussed in depth alreeady. I suggest you spend a couple of hours looking back over some previous threads to get yourself up to speed.

Oh ... and any update on your "rock the LOI" news?
    http://foot.ie/forums/showpost.php?p...&postcount=113
    Together with all our hearts.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast