Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Tonights latest 25/9/09

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Happy with tonight overall. We need to work on defending set plays though. Absolutly shocking that they had 2 goals from free headers. I was never too worried about the game even at 2-1 down. Once they went down to 10 fitness was always going to tell.
    In the end we scored 4 but could have had a couple more. Mervue had a fair few players booked as well tonight. Their discipline reminded me of our own. So I wasnt too surprised they ended with 9 men.
    It was a very important win with UCD and Fingal picking up good wins. Role on next friday.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    There was definately something very sinister and highly suspect about tonights Dundalk Galway game.

Hancock was not the star turn, had a good game, and....wait for it.....issued no yellow or red cards!

Doyle was good in the last home game and now Hancock tonight...strange very very strange.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    There was definately something very sinister and highly suspect about tonights Dundalk Galway game.

Hancock was not the star turn, had a good game, and....wait for it.....issued no yellow or red cards!

Doyle was good in the last home game and now Hancock tonight...strange very very strange.
    There was 3 FAI delegates/wasters at the game tonight, walking round the place with clipboards and looking highly suspicious! One kept walking in and out of the bogs for some reason, one was under the stand for a bit and another was stuffing his face at the chip van before kickoff!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student View Post
    UCD could and should have scored over ten goals, possibly fifteen. That's not an exaggeration. We had at least four one on ones, a few other saves from the keeper and a few other close chances.
    Not to mention Kilduff missing an open goal from three yards on his strong foot under no pressure not once but twice. We were shocking tonight, keeper was the only player that played anyway decent, thought the red card was harsh though, was a bad tackle and all but a straight is a bit over the top

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christo View Post
    Not to mention Kilduff missing an open goal from three yards on his strong foot under no pressure not once but twice. We were shocking tonight, keeper was the only player that played anyway decent, thought the red card was harsh though, was a bad tackle and all but a straight is a bit over the top
    Ye took fans to an away game?!

Just to also mention, UCD seem to putting ina strong finish, two 5nils in a row!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillonman View Post
    Ye took fans to an away game?!
    More like fan, and I generally go to every match

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student View Post
    UCD could and should have scored over ten goals, possibly fifteen. That's not an exaggeration.
    Even 20, that probably is an exaggeration though. We could have had 5 more in the second half certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by christo View Post
    thought the red card was harsh though, was a bad tackle and all but a straight is a bit over the top
    A yellow and a giving out would have been reasonable, I'd agree. What happened when he was going off, did you see? There seemed to be some ruckus.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    3 goals without conceding, no cards at all, 3 points and a few drinks...brilliant..
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Strange betting patterns on Galway at both Paddy Power and Boylesports- betting was suspendedAFAIK
    http://pix.ie/widgets/generate/accou...000-F5F5FF.jpg

"It's time for the FAI to grow up." John O'Donoghue, Minister for Sport, RTE , Sunday 7 Nov 2004

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Limerick 3 Monaghan 3.

2 up inside 20 mins, the first when the Monaghan keeper dropped a pretty simple catch from a cross, and O'Flynn bundled the ball over the line from a yard. Then Tierney beat the offside trap (to be honest, thought he was off myself) and scored when 1-on-1 with the Mons keeper.

Mons pulled a goal back when a free kick was glanced on by a Mons player, but then hit another player (Limerick defender I think) and looped over Collopy in goals.

5 mins into the second half and Mons gifted us another goal. A through ball was too far for Kavanagh, but keeper and defender waited for each other to do something about it and Kavanagh was able to nip in and poke the ball past the keeper and tap in from a yard. He even had time to celebrate before the tap in.

Mons got a penalty for handball about 5 mins later. I didn't see, but did hear, the ball hitting hand, and the lack of complaints from the Limerick defence made me think it must have been a good decision. And with about 10 mins to go, they equalised from a near post header from a throw in.

I thought we had more possession, but they created quite a few chances as well, and could even have nicked it at the end.

Scully was screaming at his defence to "just defend the f***ing ball" for the last 20 mins, and I'd say there were harsh words in our dressing room after.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
    Even 20, that probably is an exaggeration though. We could have had 5 more in the second half certainly.
    We had 32 shots all in all, and most of them were actually seriously good chances. Couldn't believe how bad Kildare were having beaten Longford and nearly taken points off Fingal. Wasn't complaining, mind. Although a sixth would have been nice so we could have equalled our record senior away win one week and our record home league win the next.

13-0 for UCD in the last three games; Shels draw with Limerick and scrape past nine-man Mervue. Obviously it'll be 1-0 Shels next week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
    A yellow and a giving out would have been reasonable, I'd agree. What happened when he was going off, did you see? There seemed to be some ruckus.
    At that stage I wasn't paying particular attention to the game so I didn't see anything

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Couldn't believe how bad Kildare were having beaten Longford and nearly taken points off Fingal
    It's happened everytime we've got won, we beat Mervue and then were terrible against Limerick, luickily they couldn't finish and we drew though. And then when we beat Wexford we played woeful against Waterford in the next game. We seem to get complacent for some reason

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    Limerick 3 Monaghan 3.

2 up inside 20 mins, the first when the Monaghan keeper dropped a pretty simple catch from a cross, and O'Flynn bundled the ball over the line from a yard. Then Tierney beat the offside trap (to be honest, thought he was off myself) and scored when 1-on-1 with the Mons keeper.

Mons pulled a goal back when a free kick was glanced on by a Mons player, but then hit another player (Limerick defender I think) and looped over Collopy in goals.

5 mins into the second half and Mons gifted us another goal. A through ball was too far for Kavanagh, but keeper and defender waited for each other to do something about it and Kavanagh was able to nip in and poke the ball past the keeper and tap in from a yard. He even had time to celebrate before the tap in.

Mons got a penalty for handball about 5 mins later. I didn't see, but did hear, the ball hitting hand, and the lack of complaints from the Limerick defence made me think it must have been a good decision. And with about 10 mins to go, they equalised from a near post header from a throw in.

I thought we had more possession, but they created quite a few chances as well, and could even have nicked it at the end.

Scully was screaming at his defence to "just defend the f***ing ball" for the last 20 mins, and I'd say there were harsh words in our dressing room after.
    Did your fans and players go crazy at the end with another 3-3 draw?!
    Who Cares?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    rovers 1 up - Cretaro

MickNolan
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo View Post
    rovers 1 up - Cretaro
    1-1 Twigg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Shamrock Rvs 2-1 up now
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

Blog

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    OG by Peers according to extratime.ie
    "There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the fault of his feet" - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Athlone 2 up on Wexford

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Gotta love the must-be-Sligo-fan updates on extratime.ie
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfx- View Post
    Gotta love the must-be-Sligo-fan updates on extratime.ie
    Yeah, he does sound a bit begrudging!
    "There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the fault of his feet" - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast