Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Give Em The Old Razzle Dazzle

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Unfortunately an Irish team qualifying for the group stage would be another day out for the "event junkies" embarassing this country by going along to support a foreign team (cheer leader = Bertie Ahern) against our own.
    I dont agre with this bit, althouh most of what you say is true.
    IF an Irish team qualifies, and are drawn against english or scottish opposition, the resulting confusion of who "*we" as a nation should support would be highlighted in the media.
    While it wouldnt quite be the will *we/ wont *we situation of the current Lisbon Treaty shambles I think it would create a healthy debate about the sheep like behaviour of barstoolers versus the enlightened fans of the League of Ireland.

Lastly, of the 11,900 people who went to the Rovers -Real game, I would approximate that 5,00 were actively there to cheer on Rovers while the rest were interested onlookers. The efforts of the Rovers fans to creata a decent atmsophere as opposed to a library-esque exhibition game has resulted in some of these people subsequently going to Rovers games.

* This we is Irish people as a whole as opposed to LOI fans
    Last edited by placid casual; 18/09/2009 at 12:48 PM.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    agree with this but as someone who has been at Anfield, Old Trafford (among others) I would not swop it for one night in Dalymount Park.
    Agreed!

The sheer tension of those last few minutes at Dalymount a few weeks back at the Bray game, and the amazing feeling that followed were a million times better than anything your average Big 4 supporter has experienced on his barstool. Sorry to use that example, but Bray have had precious little to cheer about this season!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Not too sure but in my opinion the Fai cup semi finals will be a perfect oppertunity for RTE get people in LOI football .
    its there chance but i dont expect there'll be much hype to be honest its very sad. but if man utd U12 reserve team were playing rovers itd be all over the news!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    A question: do Shamrock Rovers do their own marketing or do they hire a company to do it?
    The reason I ask is that some of their promotional work this season has really been top notch (the LUAS ads especially), and I find it hard to believe that a professional company isn't involved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post
    A question: do Shamrock Rovers do their own marketing or do they hire a company to do it?
    The reason I ask is that some of their promotional work this season has really been top notch (the LUAS ads especially), and I find it hard to believe that a professional company isn't involved.
    It's all done in house. One of the directors works in marketing I think and one of the members is a top notch graphic designer who does all the promotional ads and branding design.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HulaHoop View Post
    It's all done in house. One of the directors works in marketing I think and one of the members is a top notch graphic designer who does all the promotional ads and branding design.
    Correct

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Just after watching Cliftonville thump Linfield 4 nil on Sky Sports and I must say there is something appealing about watching a live game on Sky Sports rather than RTE, TG4 or TV3.
    It's much better hyped, bigger names in commentary (Gerry Armstrong) and analysis (Keith Gillespie and Steve Lomas).

Also have to commend the Cliftonville fans, the atmosphere was cracking and the microphones were placed in suitable positions to pick it up too, came across really well on TV.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Heggy View Post
    Also have to commend the Cliftonville fans, the atmosphere was cracking and the microphones were placed in suitable positions to pick it up too, came across really well on TV.
    I was also going to post that.

Although even with the older stand practically empty the camera crews always seemed to be able to keep the empty spaces out of camera shot.

The two stands behind each goal were full and as sam-heggy said the boom mikes were well positioned to pick-up all the singing etc,

Looking even more forward to playing Linfield on sat week now as they were brutal.
    So if you think Bohs are big read this. http://www.astronomy.ie/perpespective.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Candystripe View Post
    I was also going to post that.

Although even with the older stand practically empty the camera crews always seemed to be able to keep the empty spaces out of camera shot.

The two stands behind each goal were full and as sam-heggy said the boom mikes were well positioned to pick-up all the singing etc,

Looking even more forward to playing Linfield on sat week now as they were brutal.
    Have to say if Linfield continue like that, DJ might come under pressure for the first time.
    Also Kev is only half the player he was at Harps, obviously not happy in Belshaft.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12