99 Posts
    Simply states the obvious I'm afraid.
    You've got no fans.

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    One thing that was annoyed with it said no atmosphere..........but i kind of dissagree with this, the LOI games i have been to have had cracking atmospheres, even if the attendances are small the LOi crowds still are very vocal...............

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    By the way, I kind of know that Man City guy to see............he is a nice enough fella.............but dont you think the article might have mentioned he was born and raised in Manchester!!?????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts

its sad

Its sad to say that everything in the article is true... The celtic supporters club in longford really annoys me why do the go to scotland to watch games when they have a team at home 10 mins away!!! argh!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeathDrog View Post
    Simply states the obvious I'm afraid.
    As MeathDrog states and nothing more.However its still nice a Pro LOI article for a change. It does however really state the obvious and I don't agree on the absence of atmophere.Comparative to Old Trafford or Anfield perhaps but thats based on numbers attending only. I've been down to watch Harps pllay Limerick in Rathbane. There may have been but 5 of us but we made a hell of a racket nonetheless and the banter was good. Even Jimmy Fyfe took it well *

*Very found of little Jimmy Fyfe after that day. He took it all in good spirit and with a smile on his face.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsbear View Post
    As MeathDrog states and nothing more.However its still nice a Pro LOI article for a change. It does however really state the obvious and I don't agree on the absence of atmophere.Comparative to Old Trafford or Anfield perhaps but thats based on numbers attending only. I've been down to watch Harps pllay Limerick in Rathbane. There may have been but 5 of us but we made a hell of a racket nonetheless and the banter was good. Even Jimmy Fyfe took it well *

*Very found of little Jimmy Fyfe after that day. He took it all in good spirit and with a smile on his face.
    Apparently the atmosphere at Old Trafford and Anfield is fairly balls except for the really big games. The glory-hunting day-trippers just don't get worked up for a 'mere' league game against Aston Villa or Portsmouth!

The best atmosphere is supposed to be found at smaller clubs, particularly newly-promoted ones. I've found that at Stoke, and apparently it's the same for Burnley.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Was at a Bristol City game in March; superb atmosphere. Non-allocated seating in the main stand, which turned it into a terrace.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Poor enough article. Nothing new in it. No conclusions, no recommendsations, no new or different points of view.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMcC View Post
    Poor enough article. Nothing new in it. No conclusions, no recommendsations, no new or different points of view.
    Agreed. Reads like a piece produced by a student/intern who has never been to a game in his life.
    Together with all our hearts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I thought the article is pretty on the money.

I like to think the LOI is a sleeping giant, which can be something fantastic, if can convince the punters to spend their money here, rather than the British leagues.

We get glimpses now and again of what our league could be like if the crowds came back, such as the the Shamrock Rovers v Real Madrid game.

The buildup and hype to the game against Bohs at Tallaght Stadium also shows that the public can be won back to our league.

There's no doubt among those of us who go to LOI games that there is a good standard of football here to attract punters, so whats missing ? - Glamour!

If league clubs can crack that one, in a similar way Shamrock Rovers are doing at Tallaght, then the floodgates will open. (I hope).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    How do you mean by 'glamour'?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers1 View Post
    How do you mean by 'glamour'?
    The quality of the football is there, but there is little in the way of 'showbiz' or 'hype' in the way our league is presented in the papers or TV here, compared to English football.

Facilities are also an issue for some clubs, who need to upgrade somewhat to attract families to games as an alternative to staying in , cinema etc..

In Tallaght for instance, you feel you're treated to first class facilities, catering etc.., so regardless of the result of performance, you still want to go back the following week, because its a great night out.