Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: An Post Promotion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    There wasnt a local club for me to follow but i went to some of the euro games and i wasnt in the country 15 years ago so couldnt get into any of the other dublin clubs.. Im going to watch the local ladies knock lumps out of each other in a charity match in a few minutes so will that do you?
    You seriously need to get over the fact that Sporting Fingal are here to stay so we dont get all this repeated over and over and over again.
    POST OF THE MONTH JUNE 2010
    " I dont like Sporting Fingal "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Yet another twist inserted to deflect from the patronising nonsense previously posted.

No one claimed that fans of all clubs did not take advantage of the daft An Post offer - the assertion was that Shels fans distributed these outside both Sporting Fingal and UCD grounds. If that is true it reflects badly on the people involved.
    Agreed, there isnt an issue with home or away fans using them to get in just that someone who may work for an post who must have swiped a few from work and hand them out. There is no way that shels head paid that many bills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lep View Post
    There wasnt a local club for me to follow but i went to some of the euro games and i wasnt in the country 15 years ago so couldnt get into any of the other dublin clubs.. Im going to watch the local ladies knock lumps out of each other in a charity match in a few minutes so will that do you?
    You seriously need to get over the fact that Sporting Fingal are here to stay so we dont get all this repeated over and over and over again.
    POST OF THE MONTH JUNE 2010
    Your entitled to follow whatever club you want in fairness and at the end of the day if your going to see a league of ireland team playing regular then fair play to you. The 2 or 300 fingal fans that go regular have an interest in the league and as much as i'm not a fan of this whole sporting fingal idea the league has a few hundred new fans and i don't think thats a bad thing. With bohs pats and rovers in the prem you's have given us a derby game with a bit of banter which all shels fans miss from playing the other dublin clubs and i enjoy the fixture to be honest.

Its just that dalymount park and tolka are'nt exactly a million miles from morten stadium and you've obviously been back in ireland a while if you attended european games down the years so would 2 old clubs like shels or bohs not have appealed to you?

I think fingal can be here to stay if they get run like a football club and get themselves out to swords in the next few years. The current set up though is just not sustainable given your location, gates and wage bill. If you win the cup maybe it'l boost you numbers but we were'nt that far away from the champions league group stages not so long ago and it made no difference to our gates unfortunatley. It'l be interesting to see what happens to fingal. Europe would be a huge bonus and could make the club.
    Last edited by 1895ringsend; 26/10/2009 at 1:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This thread is bleedin hilarious! Big bad Shels fans picking on poor Fingal.
    "Give franchise football the red card."
    Briogáid Dearg, FTA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    You seriously need to get over the fact that Sporting Fingal are here to stay
    I hope not
    Here on a technicality.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Here to stay? That's quite presumptious to be fair Lep. LOI football is literally on its knees. The fact that only 900 turned up for a cup semi-final the weekend is, by any standards, pathetic. Just because your club is currently being backed by money-people does not mean you will be immune from meltdown in the future. A bit of perspective wouldn't go amiss!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Ah now...come on

Masochist!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There wasnt a local club for me to follow...
    You lifted that from the EPL heads on boards.ie, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Name another club that represents D15.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgo View Post
    Here to stay? That's quite presumptious to be fair Lep. LOI football is literally on its knees. The fact that only 900 turned up for a cup semi-final the weekend is, by any standards, pathetic. Just because your club is currently being backed by money-people does not mean you will be immune from meltdown in the future. A bit of perspective wouldn't go amiss!
    Read my post on the other thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Does Fingal?? Dublin 15 is in Fingal county alright but Santry is hardly close and Lusk certainly won't be!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Hop on the 38 and get off at Dalymount, pretty simple!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post
    I wasn't aware that when they invented Fingal they had abolished local geography. Here, for the confused of D15 and other parts of Dublin's northside, are some easy to follow directions.

No franchise required.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1895ringsend View Post
    Your entitled to follow whatever club you want in fairness and at the end of the day if your going to see a league of ireland team playing regular then fair play to you. The 2 or 300 fingal fans that go regular have an interest in the league and as much as i'm not a fan of this whole sporting fingal idea the league has a few hundred new fans and i don't think thats a bad thing. With bohs pats and rovers in the prem you's have given us a derby game with a bit of banter which all shels fans miss from playing the other dublin clubs and i enjoy the fixture to be honest.

Its just that dalymount park and tolka are'nt exactly a million miles from morten stadium and you've obviously been back in ireland a while if you attended european games down the years so would 2 old clubs like shels or bohs not have appealed to you?

I think fingal can be here to stay if they get run like a football club and get themselves out to swords in the next few years. The current set up though is just not sustainable given your location, gates and wage bill. If you win the cup maybe it'l boost you numbers but we were'nt that far away from the champions league group stages not so long ago and it made no difference to our gates unfortunatley. It'l be interesting to see what happens to fingal. Europe would be a huge bonus and could make the club.
    Decent post. Fair play. Hard to disagree with any of what you have said.

To the rest of you

As for who a person chooses to follow thats there choice. I have come late to the league thats true. Bohs or shels never appealed to me. Im not from any where near there. Fingal is where I live so fingal is who I will support. I dont get why thats a problem. I know others are now going to come on and start saying fingal is just a made up county(dont bother) Or that im just supporting them because of the money we have. I didnt know we would have money until after I decided to support them. Im not from the outskirts of the city im from north county Dublin. This is a club that represents me and my area, simple. Why would i support Shels when they are a South side club. The argument for bohs is more valid but the way I see it is Bohs will be the North Dublin city club and we will be the north county dublin club.

OH, Did I mention we are in the FAI cup final

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post
    Just because a few heads in blanch follow bohs it doesnt mean they represent D15. Few follow Pats, shels and rovers as well, do they all represent D15?

I live in Fingal, i support Sporting Fingal, the new sport complex will be in Fingal so how does bohs , pats, rovers or shels represent my area? Why be a glory hunter when you can follow a team from the start.
    Last edited by The Lep; 27/10/2009 at 6:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeixlipRed View Post
    Does Fingal?? Dublin 15 is in Fingal county alright but Santry is hardly close and Lusk certainly won't be!
    Your club isnt even on the right side of the liffey. So do shels fans from the south side stop supporting shels because its far away. I think you need to read back over the last four or five posts on this thread and ask yourself could I have represented myself in a better light
    Last edited by Lamper.sffc; 27/10/2009 at 6:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeixlipRed View Post
    Santry is only 10 minutes , lusk 20 so . Why arnt you supporting Kildare County? Not big enough club for you or newbridge is to far away for you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Foot.ie!

St Moctas, Mountview, Verona, Huntstown Villa, Corduff, Clonee Utd.......

It's certainly not Shels, Bohs, Pats, Fingal, Derry or Glaway utd...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D15-Red View Post
    St Moctas, Mountview, Verona, Huntstown Villa, Corduff, Clonee Utd.......

It's certainly not Shels, Bohs, Pats, Fingal, Derry or Glaway utd...
    Did I mention we are in the FAI cup final

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamper.sffc View Post
    Did I mention we are in the FAI cup final
    Did I mention that you won't exist in 5 years?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast