Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Coughlan told to pay up or face Cork player strike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    ok maybe I am waaaay off the mark on his one.

But if it is a case that the fai went guaranteour on the loan and the funds from last night will not pay off the loan is it not a case that the FAI have now effectively bailed out cork for the rest of the season?

Completely going against what they had told cobh last season?

Don;t flame me if I am waaay off the mark.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    It's certainly contrary to the statement they made at the time, but then they blew that out of the water by promising to help Drogheda anyway.

That said, Cobh's problems were so severe (they failed to file ANY finacial documents) that they were probably beyond help.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerc View Post
    That was 11 (eleven) years ago and was completely sold out.

Ask many pats fans about it and watch their reaction

Aha smileys do work when conveying emotions
    5-0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buile Shuibhne View Post
    A few follow up questions if you don't mind please?

Does this mean that the FAI drip-feed repayments to the lender as it accrues to Cork City, or have the FAI repaid him the full sum now and repay themselves later over a period from the winnings / participations monies as they are earned?

Was the loan made out to Coughlan's CCFC Investments Ltd (?) company and if he were to fold or disappear off into the sunset, would the loan still be owed by the football club entity or say FORAS if they took up the running of the club?

If the above were to happen it's likely that Cork would be relegated and FORAS would begin rebuilding from the A League, where the winnings / participation monies would be greatly reduced, placing a heavier and much more prolonged burden on the the new club?
    You'll have to ask the club/fai those questions I'm afraid.
    I'd guess the answer to the first part of question 2 is that the loan had to be made to the holding company as that was the one facing the winding up order.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    The worst is over ................

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/t...er-100765.html
    A transient, horrible, fantastic dream,
    Wherein is nothing yet all things do seem:
    From which we're wakened by a friendly nudge
    Of our bedfellow Death, and cry: "O fudge!"

Ambrose Bierce

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Yes. We have to look at licensing, "It can't be a diktat". Fair play Tom, you know best.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    That said, Cobh's problems were so severe (they failed to file ANY finacial documents) that they were probably beyond help.
    so its better to file wrong financial information, we should have lied like most others,

after all that has happened at CCFC this season it really would be an absolute disgrace if the club folded at the end of the season,
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    So do you think the FAI should have let you remain in the league without filing anything? I really don't think you can have many complaints.

I would have suspicions about a few clubs but I think most have relatively accurate accounts.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    So do you think the FAI should have let you remain in the league without filing anything? I really don't think you can have many complaints.

I would have suspicions about a few clubs but I think most have relatively accurate accounts.
    i think the FAI did do the right thing we were punnished accordingly,

but handing in inaccurate accounts is just the same as not handing them in at all, you not giving the the FAI your accounts if you lie, the only differece between the two is a piece of paper,

but at the same time if we handed in that piece of paper we also may still be in the league casue we, like CCFC, would have also got a licence we didnt deserve
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    It's certainly contrary to the statement they made at the time, but then they blew that out of the water by promising to help Drogheda anyway.

How ? The fai commited to do work in the ground that they own FFS How is this in any way the same as what was going on in cork or cobh .shock horror the fai do there job by actually helping a club , is that not what we want at the end of the day ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndrog View Post
    How ? The fai commited to do work in the ground that they own FFS How is this in any way the same as what was going on in cork or cobh .shock horror the fai do there job by actually helping a club , is that not what we want at the end of the day ?
    The FAI made a statement that they would not do anything to help an individual club to get a license. Then they commit to upgrading your ground to get you a license.

They may own it, but there is absolutely no reason they have to upgrade it to league standards- except to help Drogheda United get a license. If DUFC paid for the upgrade via grants or whatever that would be a different story.

Small contradiction in the FAI position there, is there not?
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    A ground that they own due to a previous bailout to keep the Drogs in business! I dont own the house i live in but i know what id be told if i asked the owner for upgrades/refurb. I dont have issue with the FAI helping clubs but they need to be consistent.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buile Shuibhne View Post
    Ah Tom Coughlan, the new Ollie Byrne.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The FAI made a statement that they would not do anything to help an individual club to get a license. Then they commit to upgrading your ground to get you a license.

They may own it, but there is absolutely no reason they have to upgrade it to league standards- except to help Drogheda United get a license. If DUFC paid for the upgrade via grants or whatever that would be a different story.

mmmmmmm the FAI fail to give us a licence because the owners of the ground wont upgrade it now that would be cracking stuff.if you rent a house and the washing machine breaks do you pay for it to be fixed yourself??do you fup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

so by your logic if they refused us a licence due to our ground youd be happy .I thought you wanted the fai to get involved more and help clubs .Fact of the matter is they havent done any work whatsoever to the ground and probably wont . So if we survive relegation on the pitch in theory we might not get license anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    The point I'm making is that they are totally inconsistent- saying one thing and doing another.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stamullendrog View Post
    if you rent a house and the washing machine breaks do you pay for it to be fixed yourself??do you fup.
    So floodlights pop at United Park the FAI foots the Bill cause they happen own the gaff?(thats what you imply even if its unlikely to be the case) Now that sounds fair doesnt it...
    But then again wasnt this the same ground, that Drogheda dont own, that the sale of was to help bankroll the Drog move to a top class facility in County Meath? It is no wonder that Drogheda and the FAI have such a cosy friendship as both seem so consistently inconsistent

No work has been done so licensing has been violated in relation to the ground, you say that its the FAIs responsibility to get the ground in order..the FAI are unlikely to do anything going by its own statement 'cough' - next season is a ground share then, we would appreciate the rent money and make sure the washing machine was in working order for ye

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456