Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Behind Bars in Bray

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Behind Bars in Bray

Last night I travelled up from Sligo to the match in Bray however ended up in a bloody prison cell for the whole time. Why??? A man on a power trip.. The event controller(John Fitzpatrick if I remember correctly) said he seen me with a pint of guinnes at the pub before the game, so when I approached the gate he refused to allow me enter the ground! I had done nothing wrong as i am over 18. This fella kept saying he wasn't letting in any drunkards after the Shams debacle. Even though i had a few beers on me, i was perfectly literate and not anywhere near as drunk as some other people on the Rovers supporters bus. To continue the story... i got very annoyed at the whole thing as again i had done nothing wrong... this fella after asking me to walk away, then called the guards who then arrested me and put me in a squad car and then threw me in a cell for the night. Now for someone who has no record of any trouble with the guards, or any record of trouble with anything really it was hard to take.
    Why would they refuse a proper LOI fan entry to a ground, after all I am/was a lover of the game here, and just wanted to see the game. What I cant understand is they can put me behind bars for a night yet Bohs/Shams scum run riot fighting on the streets yet get into these games and don't even get questioned by the guards.

Why am I telling you this??... As a fan of LOI for most my life and a season ticket holder for the past 5yrs, I have had to put up with alot of sh!t from friends who say the league is a joke and wonder why I go to games instead of the house partys, birthdays, etc on a saturday night.
    What i ask you all now is; it worth it??
    At the minute I'm so annoyed I'm really finding it hard to keep the faith.
    Up the Rowvers!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I got sick in the Carlisle grounds though.
    Number 5 on my list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    You should have just walked away when he said he was calling the guards. The guards are the ones who go on power trips when it comes to LOI fans. You're always going to run into one or two pr**ks when you visit LOI grounds, next time I'm sure you will walk away.

I know you traveled all the was from Sligo for the match but why would you stand and argue with some nobody outside a stadium and end up in jail?. You were never going to get into the ground.

MickNolan
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Real Rover View Post
    I got sick in the Carlisle grounds though.
    Number 5 on my list.

Where ya drunk?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    that sucks. Dnt let one d1ckhead get in the way. In fact if i were you id contact bray and put in a formal complaint. If you dnt you look guility and you let that pr1ck get away with it! Id keep annoying them till you get a response. Dont forget its only one dude on a power trip.
    Best of luck
    By the way howd you get home?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiehead View Post
    that sucks. Dnt let one d1ckhead get in the way. In fact if i were you id contact bray and put in a formal complaint. If you dnt you look guility and you let that pr1ck get away with it! Id keep annoying them till you get a response. Dont forget its only one dude on a power trip.
    Best of luck
    By the way howd you get home?
    They're hardly going to side with an away fan over their own man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post
    They're hardly going to side with an away fan over their own man.
    No but if he was reasonable then he has a case. Im sure if he was genuinely a nusance he wouldnt be bothering with all this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Midget Gem View Post
    What I cant understand is they can put me behind bars for a night yet Bohs/Shams scum run riot fighting on the streets
    It was good of them to let you watch TV3 all the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    If you were drinking the pint in the beer garden of the pub then you were hard done by, but if it was outside the pub on the street than to be honest you can't complain with not being allowed enter the ground
    I'd love to invent a time machine then go back in time and win the lottery, buy new players and a stadium. Time machines are brilliant aren't they- Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Two sides to every story...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Last night I travelled up from Sligo to the match in Bray however ended up in a bloody prison cell for the whole time. Why??? A man on a power trip.. The event controller(John Fitzpatrick if I remember correctly) said he seen me with a pint of guinnes at the pub before the game, so when I approached the gate he refused to allow me enter the ground! I had done nothing wrong as i am over 18. This fella kept saying he wasn't letting in any drunkards after the Shams debacle. Even though i had a few beers on me, i was perfectly literate and not anywhere near as drunk as some other people on the Rovers supporters bus. To continue the story... i got very annoyed at the whole thing as again i had done nothing wrong... this fella after asking me to walk away, then called the guards who then arrested me and put me in a squad car and then threw me in a cell for the night. Now for someone who has no record of any trouble with the guards, or any record of trouble with anything really it was hard to take.
    Why would they refuse a proper LOI fan entry to a ground, after all I am/was a lover of the game here, and just wanted to see the game. What I cant understand is they can put me behind bars for a night yet Bohs/Shams scum run riot fighting on the streets yet get into these games and don't even get questioned by the guards.

Why am I telling you this??... As a fan of LOI for most my life and a season ticket holder for the past 5yrs, I have had to put up with alot of sh!t from friends who say the league is a joke and wonder why I go to games instead of the house partys, birthdays, etc on a saturday night.
    He told you walk away, you wouldn't, you said elsewhere that the guards told you to walk away and you refused so they arrested you. I can't see what your complaint is, once you were refused entry that was that, you should have gone back to the pub and gotten over it...
    All you zombies tweet tweet tweet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I have to point this out as it was pointed in your own forum......

But you were posting late last night, so unless you had 'net access in the cell, you weren't in a cell for the night, you were only there for an hour or two.

...needs pointing out though
    There's the right way, the wrong way.... and the Max Power way!! :-D

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Spending taxpayers money on internet access for criminals it's a disgrace.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Typical Sligo scum. When is this going to stop? When will Paul Williams investigate? Ban this evil fan now!
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Surely the reason you were refused entry was for being drunk and not because you were seen with a pint of Guinness?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post

Brilliant sheridan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eL Bettor View Post
    Surely the reason you were refused entry was for being drunk and not because you were seen with a pint of Guinness?
    In fairness what other state of consciousness could you possibly watch Bray V Sligo in?
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    In more important news...Bray's bald steward is a legend!
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Nice photoshop job Sheridan

Though what's with the return of the Continuity Home Farm avatar ? I thought you were doing the Rovers one for a month.....?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast