Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Weekend 21-22

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Umberside View Post
    Get a life
    i thought that my post might have embarassed you into stopping stalking me but clearly not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    i thought that my post might have embarassed you into stopping stalking me but clearly not.
    Not my fault you keep posting.
    I'm a 23yr old right-handed heterosexual who drinks milk and likes democracy. - dcfcsteve knows me well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    It will probably be Rovers that every Dundalk fan hates this time next year.
    Everyone already hates Rovers.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
    Everyone already hates Rovers.
    fair enough

Umberside, just let it go. I have responded to your PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    t

Kenny really, really needs to stop making up excuses for his teams losing streak and get back to what he does best (certainly not TV interviews).
    Kenny only spoke out after we won our last two league games 4-0 and 1-0, so hardly an excuse is it?

It's just a pity that MNS didn't show the two blatant handballs by Pats which the ref gave free kicks but no cards and the he even gave a yellow card to a Pats player when he hit a Derry player in the head.If he saw it he had to give a red.

Derry have normally been near the top of the fair play table but for some reason we keep getting players sent off for dodgy fouls which the opposition seem to get away with the exact same fouls in the same game.

On another note, why are 95% of the premier league ref's from Dublin as surely it wouldn't be to hard to have refereeing classes and courses spread around the country like they do in other parts of Europe.

It would also save the F.A.I. money in travel expenses for them if they didn't have to have a Dublin referee sent up to Derry or down to Cork every week. Oh that's right, no Dublin club would accept a ref from Derry or Cork if they were playing there although obviously there are plenty about but it doesn't ever seem to have happened.
    So if you think Bohs are big read this. http://www.astronomy.ie/perpespective.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Candystripe View Post
    but for some reason we keep getting players sent off for dodgy fouls which the opposition seem to get away with the exact same fouls in the same game.
    I can only go by what I see on MNS every week, but Delaney seems to get himself involved in something daft a lot of the time. Similar to the number of ridiculous tackles that Danny Ventre puts in for us. Both players just seem to attract yellow cards.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    ....Then we get a long post in which every single paragraph mentions Bohs and the refereeing decisions that have gone in favour of Bohemians. (Sure, we have been a bit lucky that we havent got a couple more red cards and some good calls but we have also had some terrible calls against us. Its swings and roundabouts. The refs are just bad, they are not pro-Bohemians, there is no conspiracy.)

But, just for example, there is no outrage from SMorgan about the number of penalties Bray have been awarded this season
    You are obvously very pi$$ed off with that particular poster (and maybe several others besides?) and evitably when you are sceptical of someones motives it can colour your view - but can you possibly put that to one side and consider again the viewpoint he expressed?

Bear in mind that most fans (and managers!) will see their own team play more often then anyone else, and if they witness what appears to be repeated inconsistency in refereeing decisions that go largely against their own team, surely it is not surprising that they will complain - and easily jump to conspiracy theories of bias, instead of the more rational explanation of diabolical refereeing standards.

When you also consider that Dundalk and Bohemians have met 5 times already this season and in all bar the first match there were contentious Dundalk player dismissals - while both of Paul Keegans "red card" challenges in the first Dalymount game went unpunished - even the most partisan supporter could choose to understand this frustration and anger at the referring standards and inconsistency.

It seems to me that you also accept that the team you follow has been the benficiary of many dubious decisions this season - that in itself does not make you or anyone else anti-Bohs.

If i read a post where i agree with the point being made against my club, ill stay silent. If i really agree with it and feel strongly about it i will agree. I dont see the same coming from you guys, sorry (actually there is an element of sheepishness from you and another Dundalk fan over the whole Dundalk players pay cuts though, credit where its due).
    Thats pretty lame.

Do you really consider anything critical posted about Bohs to be "against your club"?

Do you really consider that all "you guys" or posters who have the same club allegiance stoutly post in unison?

Your "element of sheepishness" remark does you no credit. On the issue of the voluntary pay cuts at Dundalk, I have been forthright in my views regarding the apparent lack of consultation with players prior to the July window, while also supporting the concept of the club cutting the cloth to measure.

But then again maybe im simply being over sensitive and the down side of success is that the also rans are very quick to have a go to make themselves feel a bit better.

It will probably be Rovers that every Dundalk fan hates this time next year.
    Are you simply naive in including these barbs, or do you intentionally want to attract "reprisal" insults?

The Bohs obsession with the anti-Bohs obsession could run and run!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    You are obvously very pi$$ed off with that particular poster (and maybe several others besides?) and evitably when you are sceptical of someones motives it can colour your view - but can you possibly put that to one side and consider again the viewpoint he expressed?
    i think i did that Ezeikial and i quite clearly disagree. You also disagree with him. I also think i pointed out quite clearly why i consider him to be on a wind up when it comes to Bohemians.

Bear in mind that most fans (and managers!) will see their own team play more often then anyone else, and if they witness what appears to be repeated inconsistency in refereeing decisions that go largely against their own team, surely it is not surprising that they will complain - and easily jump to conspiracy theories of bias, instead of the more rational explanation of diabolical refereeing standards.
    conspiracy theories that refs are pro-Bohemians. Which referees are pro-Bray? Where has SMorgan pointed out the litany of other bad decisions Dundalk have been on the receiving end of against teams other than Bohemians?

When you also consider that Dundalk and Bohemians have met 5 times already this season and in all bar the first match there were contentious Dundalk player dismissals - while both of Paul Keegans "red card" challenges in the first Dalymount game went unpunished - even the most partisan supporter could choose to understand this frustration and anger at the referring standards and inconsistency.

It seems to me that you also accept that the team you follow has been the benficiary of many dubious decisions this season - that in itself does not make you or anyone else anti-Bohs.
    yes, from what i have seen we have been fortunate on occasion - big deal!! Thats football!! i also sat in Dalymount park for years begging for a bad decision to be given to us! Dont expect me or any other Bohs fan to apologise for bad decisions. We have acknowledged that we have had a couple of decisions go our way and its all we can do! Like, what exactly can i say to appease Dundalk fans? Take it up with the FAI if you feel there is an anti-Dundalk agenda.

Do you really consider anything critical posted about Bohs to be "against your club"?
    yes

Do you really consider that all "you guys" or posters who have the same club allegiance stoutly post in unison?
    Dundalk fans on foot.ie, yes.

Your "element of sheepishness" remark does you no credit. On the issue of the voluntary pay cuts at Dundalk, I have been forthright in my views regarding the apparent lack of consultation with players prior to the July window, while also supporting the concept of the club cutting the cloth to measure.
    fair enough. I wont argue with that.

Are you simply naive in including these barbs, or do you intentionally want to attract "reprisal" insults?
    the second one but here's the thing, if someone is going to criticise Bohs and use our success as a stick to beat us with, im going to take advantage of our success (while theres still time!!)

The Bohs obsession with the anti-Bohs obsession could run and run!
    heres hoping eh? Anyway, i appreciate the time you took to respond to my response to your response to my response to SMorgans post. Why dont we park the bus here? I think (and im sure alot of posters will be relieved) that this has been done to death...

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    yes, from what i have seen we have been fortunate on occasion - big deal!! Thats football!! i also sat in Dalymount park for years begging for a bad decision to be given to us! Dont expect me or any other Bohs fan to apologise for bad decisions. We have acknowledged that we have had a couple of decisions go our way and its all we can do! Like, what exactly can i say to appease Dundalk fans? Take it up with the FAI if you feel there is an anti-Dundalk agenda.
    Last word while parking that bus......

I wasn't asking for an apology or for appeasement.....just an understanding of why some supporters feel frustration and anger about bad decisions......

...... and the fact that Bohemians have been regular benificeries of these is not an attack on you or your club

There is no anti-Dundalk agenda with referees to take up with the FAI - incompentency, inconsistency, and lack of accountability and transparency - certainly!

Bus securely parked now!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Ezeikial, i dont know if you have seen this (you probably have) but this was posted yesterday and moved to the rubbish section http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php...67#post1219167
    I wonder did you read the post that you bring to our attention yourself and see the comments of Jaime? Of course you did because you posted some nonsense immediately after his post without making any reference to it. Shame on you.

My whole point is that it isn't just about swings and roundabouts with Bohs. They are getting all the swings with very few roundabouts. I go back to last years cup final when all the poor decisions went in Bohs favour. We had a cup tie that started with Murphy dragging down a Dundalk player for the most obvious penalty you're likely to see and finished with Murphy head-butting a Dundalk player and nearly every single major decision going Bohs way in between these two events. And you're wondering what we're ****ed off about!! Get real and open your eyes, man
    Last edited by SMorgan; 27/08/2009 at 2:46 AM.
    Neale Fenn on retiring: 'I think once you finish you might as well finish rather than making all sorts of comebacks.'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,637 Posts
    Good post Ezeikial, fair enough.

SMorgan, my point was there is no pro-bohs agenda from referees in this or any previous season no more so than all the previous seasons of regular attendance when i was convinced there was an anti-Bohs agenda under Collins, Mahon, Kenny, Farrelly and Connor.

Also (and by the way we dont like Connor. The man is an absolute clown demonstrated by his behaviour a few days ago when the equaliser against Rovers and the way he celebrated the draw at home in the home tie. I think you'll eventually come to agree with us) you have got to remember the history that leads up to the incidents you mention from the cup game - bad tackles from both sides, arrogant quotes from Fenlon around the start of the season, terrible behaviour from Sean Connor before, during and after games against Bohs, how many red and yellow cards? Its not surprising there were red cards on both sides and an ugly incident at the end. You lost and are ****ed - i get it but i think you need to open your eyes too, man!

Bus in long term parking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Weekend 21-22? WEEKEND??? Almost a fookin' WEEK now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Bus in long term parking.
    It's very unfortunate that you still didn't feel the need to comment on the comments I referred you to. That's sad. I also think you're one to be talking about Connor's behaviour given the fact that Fenlon embarressed himself and his club with his behaviour after the European match. He showed himself up to be a poor and sad loser. When you consider Fenlon's behaviour you have a bear face cheek to talk about the way Connor celebrated a goal. Fenlon's behaviour was in sharp contrast to the dignified comments of Connor after the Bohs match.
    Last edited by SMorgan; 27/08/2009 at 5:08 AM.
    Neale Fenn on retiring: 'I think once you finish you might as well finish rather than making all sorts of comebacks.'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GalwayRed View Post
    He picked up a knock and was taken off. Hopefully nothing too serious.
    Just an update on that. David Cassidys out for between 6-8 weeks after injuring his medial ligament going in for a challenge in the Kildare match.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213