Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Weekend 21-22

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post
    This Dublin ref stuff is really laughable. At least 1/4 of the country's population is from Dublin, of course there's going to be more refs from Dublin than anywhere else. Simple logic. And I don't see how a ref from say, Balbriggan, would automatically favour St. Pats for example. They're from a completely different part of the county, and he might never have been in Inchicore in his life.
    theres no room for such rational thinking on this message board.

Kenny really, really needs to stop making up excuses for his teams losing streak and get back to what he does best (certainly not TV interviews). If he has tried to create a siege mentality doing this then it hasnt worked - credit where its due Sean Connor successfully managed to do this at Bohs and now at Dundalk but i dont think Kenny has the charisma to pull that stunt off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post
    This Dublin ref stuff is really laughable. At least 1/4 of the country's population is from Dublin, of course there's going to be more refs from Dublin than anywhere else.
    That would dictate that roughly 1/4 of them would be from Dublin. To say that only 1/4 of the referee's at the moment are from Dublin is laughably minimizing their numbers, though, yes?

I'm not blaming Dubs for any results but they should be spread a little more.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ped_ped View Post
    So to fix the problem of poor refereeing, you reckon we should drop Dublin refs for poorer ones from the country, just because they happen to not be from Dublin?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ped_ped View Post
    That would dictate that roughly 1/4 of them would be from Dublin. To say that only 1/4 of the referee's at the moment are from Dublin is laughably minimizing their numbers, though, yes?

thats very good of you not to hold all dubs responsible ... standard of reffing in the LOI is poor and that is all refs . this biased crap is pittifull methinks kenny is looking for excuses
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    So to fix the problem of poor refereeing, you reckon we should drop Dublin refs for poorer ones from the country, just because they happen to not be from Dublin?
    Stu what we are saying that its the same refs week in week out, if they have a poor game they dont get dropped or anything like that its back out again next week and do the same job rubbish job instead of trying someone else, they do it elsewhere why not in LoI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    Not what the post I quoted was saying at all.

But your point is still valid. I trust you'll be enrolling in a referees' course soon to help rectify the problem?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I trust you'll be enrolling in a referees' course soon to help rectify the problem?
    And I bet he'd do a better job
    I'm a 23yr old right-handed heterosexual who drinks milk and likes democracy. - dcfcsteve knows me well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    I bet he wouldn't. I bet he just likes to moan about things without doing anything about it, like most people in this country.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    The geographic location of referees is just a red herring. There seems to be general agreement that the standards are appalling. When a team suffers consistently from a number of poor critical decisions (sending-off, penalty, disallowed goal etc) the search for some sort of logic inevitable leads to irrational red herrings like where the ref is from, or other conspiracy theories.

The problem is much simpler - poor standards and zero public transparency and accountability; there is no confidence in their ability or consistency. The solution may not be so simple - but I would love to hear the referrees giving explanation of contentious decisions on air.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I agree that it doesn't matter whether they are from Dublin or not. But what is very relevant is that some clubs are suffering from poor refereeing decisions, while others, (well one mainly, Bohs) are quite clearly and obviously benefitting, greatly from poor referreeing.

My advice to Murphy would be every time he lets in a goal, wave the two arms in the air and if there is an opposition player within 3 metres of him he'll get a free out.
    Neale Fenn on retiring: 'I think once you finish you might as well finish rather than making all sorts of comebacks.'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    If you watched MNS, you'd have seen that Bohs were denied a goal in pretty much identical circumstances in that game. Both decisions were wrong IMO but there's no basis for saying that Bohs were favoured.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SMorgan View Post
    I agree that it doesn't matter whether they are from Dublin or not. But what is very relevant is that some clubs are suffering from poor refereeing decisions, while others, (well one mainly, Bohs) are quite clearly and obviously benefitting, greatly from poor referreeing.
    If you agree that the refereeing is inconsistent and poor, then it is surely inevitable that some teams gain benefits from these decisions while others suffer. Singling out Bohs or anyone else is just deflecting into the red herring of a conspiracy theory again.

For example, in the recent Cup replay between Bohs and Dundalk, IMO Deegan was correctly sent off, Daly's was unfair, but the referee bottled it when Ger Rowe should have got a 2nd yellow. Conspiracy - no; incompetent and inconsistent - yes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Well you look at the foul by Murphy on Daly in the first few minutes of the game in Oriel. Nobody at that game needed to get home and watch a reply to see that was your garden verity "Stone Wall" penalty. Why was Kelly booked and sent off for a very questionable elbow, when Ndo got away with a more blatant offence a few minutes earlier without a yellow card? In Ndo's case the ref actually gestured that the free against him was for an elbow.

Have you ever watched Fenlon during a game, in constant conversation with the 4th official and the assistance Ref? Why is there one rule for him and one for other managers like Cooke and Connor who have been sent to the stand because they spoke to the 4th Official?

The list of incidents involving Bohs is endless. Whilst at the same time I'd say 50% of all Dundalk's sending offs were unjust and commented on by naturals as being without justification. This all against a background of Keegan going around with two footed and high tackles, in some cases not even conceding a free-kick.

Look at last year’s cup final which was an absolute shambles and was unjustly decided by the ref. In was most certainly not a case of a poor decision going Bohs way and one going Derry’s way. It was a one-way street going in Bohs direction.

It’s getting to the stage that Bohs should nearly be embarrassed at the decisions they are getting.
    Neale Fenn on retiring: 'I think once you finish you might as well finish rather than making all sorts of comebacks.'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Well you look at the foul by Murphy on Daly in the first few minutes of the game in Oriel. Nobody at that game needed to get home and watch a reply to see that was your garden verity "Stone Wall" penalty. Why was Kelly booked and sent off for a very questionable elbow, when Ndo got away with a more blatant offence a few minutes earlier without a yellow card? In Ndo's case the ref actually gestured that the free against him was for an elbow.

Have you ever watched Fenlon during a game, in constant conversation with the 4th official and the assistance Ref? Why is there one rule for him and one for other managers like Cooke and Connor who have been sent to the stand because they spoke to the 4th Official?

The list of incidents involving Bohs is endless. Whilst at the same time I'd say 50% of all Dundalk's sending offs were unjust and commented on by naturals as being without justification. This all against a background of Keegan going around with two footed and high tackles, in some cases not even conceding a free-kick.

Look at last year’s cup final which was an absolute shambles and was unjustly decided by the ref. In was most certainly not a case of a poor decision going Bohs way and one going Derry’s way. It was a one-way street going in Bohs direction.

It’s getting to the stage that Bohs should nearly be embarrassed at the decisions they are getting.
    Are you for real? Therre is a quite scary obsession with all things Bohs. We have had some lucky decisions for us and some terrible decisions against us, like most team that look at things reasonably and objectively. When i left Ireland it was at a time when Bohs couldnt win a free-kick, never mind a penalty. All this crap evens itself out over time and you really need to stop obsessing over Bohemians and get on with supporting Dundalk. Its getting to the stage where you should be embarrassed by the stuff you are posting about Bohemians.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Are you for real? Therre is a quite scary obsession with all things Bohs.
    We don't want to be regretting it when you're gone
    I'm a 23yr old right-handed heterosexual who drinks milk and likes democracy. - dcfcsteve knows me well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    My advice to Murphy would be every time he lets in a goal, wave the two arms in the air and if there is an opposition player within 3 metres of him he'll get a free out.
    Didn't know what you were on about there, but I'm just watching MNS now. That's surely his get out of jail card used for this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Umberside View Post
    We don't want to be regretting it when you're gone
    who are you and why are you stalking me on this website? Everywhere i post theres Umberside right behind me.

What does your post mean in the context of the debate we're having? What is it adding to the debate?

Ive just about had enough with this site - i get infracted for a supposedly crap joke and yet certain, numerous posters are allowed to go and post ad nauseum about stuff that they know nothing about and have no interest in learning about. Apart from a few excellent and funny posters, the only interest a lot of people have here is petty point scoring and one-upmanship. The only thread that keeps me sane is the totty watch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Ive just about had enough with this site - i get infracted for a supposedly crap joke and yet certain, numerous posters are allowed to go and post ad nauseum about stuff that they know nothing about and have no interest in learning about. Apart from a few excellent and funny posters, the only interest a lot of people have here is petty point scoring and one-upmanship. The only thread that keeps me sane is the totty watch.
    SkuStu - may I respectfully suggest to you that you take a look at your own contributions in this regard.

SMorgan makes a post which you don't agree with (btw neither do I, but I can understand his point) - and you respond with the tired old "obsession" line and a limp attempt to mock him. Why not either debate it or ignore it?

Are you for real? Therre is a quite scary obsession with all things Bohs. We have had some lucky decisions for us and some terrible decisions against us, like most team that look at things reasonably and objectively. When i left Ireland it was at a time when Bohs couldnt win a free-kick, never mind a penalty. All this crap evens itself out over time and you really need to stop obsessing over Bohemians and get on with supporting Dundalk. Its getting to the stage where you should be embarrassed by the stuff you are posting about Bohemians.
    Last edited by Ezeikial; 26/08/2009 at 5:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    who are you and why are you stalking me on this website?
    Get a life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Ezeikial, i dont know if you have seen this (you probably have) but this was posted yesterday and moved to the rubbish section http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php...67#post1219167

Then we get a long post in which every single paragraph mentions Bohs and the refereeing decisions that have gone in favour of Bohemians. (Sure, we have been a bit lucky that we havent got a couple more red cards and some good calls but we have also had some terrible calls against us. Its swings and roundabouts. The refs are just bad, they are not pro-Bohemians, there is no conspiracy.)

But, just for example, there is no outrage from SMorgan about the number of penalties Bray have been awarded this season. I dont remember any particular outrage from the poster when Cork were up sh1t creek. This, coupled with a few more of his posts, amounts to some sort of huge anti-Bohemians agenda on the part of the poster. Its pretty clear-cut.

Also, yes, i may be guilty of some pettiness and attempted point scoring but it is genuinely only in response to posts which provoke it. If you were being fair and reasonable i think you would acknowledge that i do not go out of my way to raise issues against other teams but if posters think they can post whatever they like about MY team without a similar response then thats hardly fair, is it? I like to think that im a fair poster but if i feel like people are just having a go for the sake of having a go then ill fight back. If i read a post where i agree with the point being made against my club, ill stay silent. If i really agree with it and feel strongly about it i will agree. I dont see the same coming from you guys, sorry (actually there is an element of sheepishness from you and another Dundalk fan over the whole Dundalk players pay cuts though, credit where its due).

I dont mind a little swipe here and there but, really, the attitude of a lot of posters here is mind boggling and im pretty fed up with it. Theres a major case of pot calling the kettle black in a lot of the discussions/debates that we are having.

But then again maybe im simply being over sensitive and the down side of success is that the also rans are very quick to have a go to make themselves feel a bit better.

It will probably be Rovers that every Dundalk fan hates this time next year.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast