Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Things to make you go hmm.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Things to make you go hmm.......

While sneaking a free scan at the yesterdays tabloids last night I came across a couple of storys of LOI interest. Apols if they have been discussed elsewhere.
    The first one was a press release by the (by now infamous) board at Bohs saying that the financial was improving (due mainly to fans efforts) and that the club was hopefull that we would finish within the 65% rule. Long way to go but happy days (although not for some here)

The second story that caught my eye was that Dundalk were asking their players to take a wage cut due to a drop off in income. Could it be that while Ezeikial and co were lecturing Bohs on our financial woes that everyone took their eye off the buiscut tin in Oriel ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    While sneaking a free scan at the yesterdays tabloids last night I came across a couple of storys of LOI interest. Apols if they have been discussed elsewhere.
    The first one was a press release by the (by now infamous) board at Bohs saying that the financial was improving (due mainly to fans efforts) and that the club was hopefull that we would finish within the 65% rule. Long way to go but happy days (although not for some here)

The second story that caught my eye was that Dundalk were asking their players to take a wage cut due to a drop off in income. Could it be that while Ezeikial and co were lecturing Bohs on our financial woes that everyone took their eye off the buiscut tin in Oriel ?
    Everyone loves talking about Fundalk!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Any chance there could just be one "Dundalk and Bohemians' vaguely homoerotic obsession with one another" thread that this is all contained in?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    the bohs and dundalk fans on here are collectively a bunch of idiots. all you seem to able to do is to make snide remarks and comments about the other. will you ever grow up you idiots... the rest of us are getting tired of this continued obsession with one another, which as thischarmingman said, is bordering on the homoerotic.
    Sporting F*ck All!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    ye do it on
    www.orielweb.com or PMs

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    this isnt a drogs vs Dundalk thread (I will leave Bohs to take uo that batton )

My comment relates to the fact that Dundalk only signed a pile of players just over a month ago and within weeks are now (I presume) looking to renegotiate contracts.

Now it can be claimed financial prudence in addressing the cost base but the fact is that they only signed these deals a few weeks ago and this is the sticking point for me - very unfair on the players they signed as it can be argued that they signed them under false pretenses.

Now this critic applies to any club who does the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T.F.C. View Post
    the bohs and dundalk fans on here are collectively a bunch of idiots. all you seem to able to do is to make snide remarks and comments about the other. will you ever grow up you idiots... the rest of us are getting tired of this continued obsession with one another, which as thischarmingman said, is bordering on the homoerotic.
    Well then can people please stop starting threads with the first post being about Dundalk or includes a remark re Dundalk!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I don't particularly want to responded to this wummery and oneupmanship, but...

...in this instance Dundalk seem to be taking a sensible measure, while bohs are merely putting it off 'til tomorrow, so they can claim their prize without sanction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillonman View Post
    Well then can people please stop starting threads with the first post being about Dundalk or includes a remark re Dundalk!
    I started a thread about two items I came across in yesterdays papers. They may / may not be true I was simply reporting them.
    Do please let us know what subjects /teams you feel we can discuss as I was under the misunderstanding that this was an open forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Speak for yourself! I'm enjoying it all very much (Jebus, I probably need to get out more )
    Dundalk 1 - "the worst team to ever play in the premier" 2 :D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A N Mouse View Post
    I don't particularly want to responded to this wummery and oneupmanship, but...

...in this instance Dundalk seem to be taking a sensible measure, while bohs are merely putting it off 'til tomorrow, so they can claim their prize without sanction
    Actually, Bohs are trying to comply with the 65% rule. As I stated this will make some idiots who have already been celebrating our demise very unhappy.
    Of course it takes away another excuse for the Derry whingers that the reason they don't win things is because everyone else is cheating (See Shels previously)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Anyway, seems it is true. According to a D*ndalk fan on the Drogs forum the players met last night to discuss. No news from that meeting yet
    Dundalk 1 - "the worst team to ever play in the premier" 2 :D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WindmillWarrior View Post
    Anyway, seems it is true. According to a D*ndalk fan on the Drogs forum the players met last night to discuss. No news from that meeting yet
    If they cut out the overnight stays to places like Sligo they might be able to pay the wages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong2008 View Post
    If they cut out the overnight stays to places like Sligo they might be able to pay the wages.
    This is foot.ie, take your sensible posting elsewhere.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    that the club was hopefull that we would finish within the 65% rule.

Were they not always hopeful of complying?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    there are two threads in which Bohs fans and Dundalk fans have sniped at each other - the FAI Cup thread and the Bohs finances thread.

Each debate in these threads is worthy of discussion, some good, some bad and some WUMmery. Its a football forum, we are rivals, they have our former manager and former players of Bohs, they dont like us, we dont like them.

GET OVER IT.

*btw, its funny how a thread about the finances of Bohs or Cork gets into the 20's and 30's of pages with all sorts of accusations, counter-accusations and snide comments but utter something about Dundalk or someone else and people are complaining.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    We are bohs

born to moan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    *btw, its funny how a thread about the finances of Bohs or Cork gets into the 20's and 30's of pages with all sorts of accusations, counter-accusations and snide comments but utter something about Dundalk or someone else and people are complaining.
    Nice observation there i have to say
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    It's ok we found a way to get over our money troubles. We're selling Oriel, well most of it, we don't own the bit behind the goal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    there are two threads in which Bohs fans and Dundalk fans have sniped at each other - the FAI Cup thread and the Bohs finances thread.

Each debate in these threads is worthy of discussion, some good, some bad and some WUMmery. Its a football forum, we are rivals, they have our former manager and former players of Bohs, they dont like us, we dont like them.
    No they are not within an ass's roar worthy of discussion. you're all starting threads with the best of intentions, some not, but both of these threads have descending into a whinging match about the two teams. there are other teams in the cup yano, and Dundalk has nothing got to do with Bohs finances.
    GET OVER IT.
    Thats quite rich, seeing as either the supporters of bohs or dundalk have hijacked the threads to make about themselves!
    Sporting F*ck All!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast