Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Do you follow a foreign club?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Sydney FC. Season ticket holder since the inaugral season 5 years ago.

Franchise footy at its best.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Follow Manchester United since I was a kid, can't remember why I started following them. Maybe because they had Irish players like Denis Irwin and Roy Keane but I'm told its because my father supported Arsenal and I was a rebelious child . Also have soft spots for Espanyol and Valencia. Seen both of them play at home when I was playing football over in Spain.
    For all the latest League of Ireland news visit www.extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Umberside View Post
    Thanks for that Humberside.

It's helpful to know that you're a 23yr old right-handed heterosexual who drinks milk and likes democracy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    Thanks for that Humberside.

It's helpful to know that you're a 23yr old right-handed heterosexual who drinks milk and likes democracy.
    Humberside?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Umberside View Post
    Humberside?
    H'yes.....?

H'i have h'a speech h'impediment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohDiddley View Post
    I'm Leeds through and through, so I am.
    Used to be a massive Leeds fan. In fact, one of my best (series of ) footballing memories is that truly incredible Champions League run. I remember being overjoyed at some of the victories, notably, beating Deportivo 3-0 in the quarters, and also being devastated after the Valencia defeat. Still look out for their results but wouldn't feel anything for them now. At the time it was amazing though, I had been supporting them from around 1994; I think it was their strip that attracted me to them as well.

I would watch MOTD if it was on, though I wouldn't rush back home for it or anything. I'd like to see Arsenal do well because I like their style but mainly because my uncle is a huge, huge lifelong fan. You'd think the fact many of us obsess over one club is a bad enough cross to bear throughout your life- imagine obsessing over two; in his case Arsenal and DCFC (although his local club are obviously far more important in his mind).

I'd like to see Villa or Everton do well because I admire the time and the faith they've had in their respective managers and because of how mammoth a task they face in attempting to push their clubs into the top four.

I do follow the EPL insomuch as I check the scores every week, read the reports and watch the odd game but it doesn't have any mad appeal beyond mere curiosity value really. I don't get disappointed or excited by any teams in it. It's odd, because I remember a few months ago at work there was one of those emails sent around by a colleague to about 10 people at work with a Man U photo shopped joke in it but it wasn't sent to me. When I asked why I didn't get it the guy, who I get on well with, said something along the lines of, "Ah, but sure you don't like the Premiership." I don't 'not like' the Premiership but it was odd being marginalised as a sort of 'spoil the fun' unbeliever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Oxford United - Anyone over the age of 30ish might remember there 3 glorious years in the old first division - highlight when they beat QPR in the league cup final (Houghton, Langan and Aldridge played for Oxford that day). I supported Liverpool briefly before I could think for myself as my older brother did. I've supported the U's since I saw some grainy BBC footage of them beating Walsall in the old 3rd Div and followed their progress that year (where they won the division) and have been hooked ever since. We now proudly sit on the top of the Blue square premiership table. Oh how the mighty have fallen. Their support and ground would put all our clubs to shame, 3 home games so far lowest crowd ( on a Tuesday night) of over 5000.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Wycombe Wanderers purely because of Football Manager
    Yes. This is a signature.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Look out for Stade Rennes, father in law a season ticket holder went to the french cup final last year with him, tickets at Rennes home games are only 16 euro per game, great value

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Girlfriend is American so on my trips over to her part of the world I've developed a bit of a crush on Minnesota Thunder. Was there to jeer at Beckham in the Copa Minnesota once while most of the Minnesotans around me wore their new Galaxy shirts. Went to penalties. The announcer lost the run of himself and told everybody the game had ended when Galaxy still had to take and score their last penalty to win. About 70% of the people in the ground obediently stood up and started towards the exits.

Will be seeing them again next week. Big glamour ties against Vancouver White Caps (Wes Charles still there?) and a few days later against the Puerto Rico Islanders. Watching terrible football in comfortable conditions will be quite a novelty.

Have family living in Nailsworth so always kept in touch with Forest Green Rovers too. Aston Villa and Dundee United a legacy of my childhood. Another lasting trait of this was to choose a team in pretty much every league around just to make it more 'interesting'.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Boy View Post
    Oxford United - Anyone over the age of 30ish might remember there 3 glorious years in the old first division - highlight when they beat QPR in the league cup final (Houghton, Langan and Aldridge played for Oxford that day). I supported Liverpool briefly before I could think for myself as my older brother did. I've supported the U's since I saw some grainy BBC footage of them beating Walsall in the old 3rd Div and followed their progress that year (where they won the division) and have been hooked ever since. We now proudly sit on the top of the Blue square premiership table. Oh how the mighty have fallen. Their support and ground would put all our clubs to shame, 3 home games so far lowest crowd ( on a Tuesday night) of over 5000.

I support Oxford as well. Before the demise of Setanta it used to be brilliant - more Oxford games live on TV than most non-big four premier league teams!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    the Copa Minnesota

We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Reserves
    Punta Arenas, Puerto Montt & everywhere in between
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Girlfriend is American so on my trips over to her part of the world I've developed a bit of a crush on Minnesota Thunder.

Will be seeing them again next week. Big glamour ties against Vancouver White Caps (Wes Charles still there?) and a few days later against the Puerto Rico Islanders. Watching terrible football in comfortable conditions will be quite a novelty.

Have family living in Nailsworth so always kept in touch with Forest Green Rovers too. Aston Villa and Dundee United a legacy of my childhood. Another lasting trait of this was to choose a team in pretty much every league around just to make it more 'interesting'.
    No, he was kicked off the team in July for fighting with 2 team-mates(individually on 2 different occasions, within a month of each other).
    "U've figured how to work the Google on the internet machine"

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post

I was a little amused by that myself. Did I mention that this Copa consisted of one friendly against Goldenballs himself and ten other hired hands.

Quote Originally Posted by WexCar View Post
    No, he was kicked off the team in July for fighting with 2 team-mates(individually on 2 different occasions, within a month of each other).
    Huh I'm a little disappointed, I always had him down as one of the league's most gentle giants.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Carlisle Utd, after living there for a few years...despite the Roddy Collins/John Courtney & Michael Knighton occasional fiascos!
    And Newcastle as well after I lived there for a bit...probably shouldn't move anywhere else really incase I start on more teams to look out for!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    No, I used to think I followed Arsenal when I was a kid, but then I grew up.
    http://trophymanager.com/?c=489688
    Trophy Manager - online football managment game - I like it - I think I'm getting obsessed with it though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    i follow way too many teams for my own good...
    scotland-east stirling + hibs
    portugal-Braga
    Netherlands-AZ
    France-Lyon
    Germany-Aachen
    Italy-fiorentina
    England-Chelsea,Leeds,Yeovil,AFC Wimbledon
    Belgium-Standard + zlute wargem
    Wales-Rhyl

The town comes first thou abviously

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Grew up a Liverpool fan, but not hugely bothered about them these days, it's Town or nothing for me. But I do keep an eye on Lech Poznan's results in Poland after going to one of their games with a group of lads on a stag night in Poland....
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Sporting Fingal comes first

Then
    U.D Lanzarote ( keep an eye out for a chap called Oscar Martin)

Wrexham

Leeds utd

Ayr Utd

Porthmadog , Bala town. ( i passed my driving test in Bala )

And any team called Sporting

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast