Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Behaviour which needs to be banned...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    At 5 the urge to conform is the strongest I suspect. Kids hate to appear to be different at that age. Then in their teens they strive to be different. Yours Sigmund Owlsfan.

Could you not have supported then at the same time? They are not mutually exclusive. I followed Shamrock Rovers, Raith Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday and Ards all at the same time since I was around 5 as well.
    The urge to learn from and mimic authority figures may be strongest around that age, the urge to conform is surely stronger in later years, late childhood / early teens, no? Surely it's for the most part only in mid to late teens that the individuality urge comes out in some. Yours, Stann Jung.
    The point I didn't make too well was that I had no-one at that age to conform with, I knew no other Liverpool fans. Neither, I suspect, did I even have any concept of what a Liverpool fan was. I just liked what I saw on the telly, that's all. Might just have been Stevie Heighway's manly moustache. I object strongly to be termed a sheep because of that. By the way, if your lot had had a bit more luck a few years back they might now be in a position where you're being called a sheep (however incorrectly) for supporting them.

There was nothing to stop me supporting both at the time other than the fact that I was 5 and had no idea there was such a thing as Waterford AFC, nor the wherewithal to get to games if I did. My fault as well I suppose. mmBaaaaaa.
    Last edited by stann; 21/08/2009 at 6:10 PM.
    more bass

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Not behaviour, but the phrase "world class" in relation to footballers is the most irritating, over-used phrase ever.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    From the original post...

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    3. Any circumstances which involves the green hat and "hilarious" fake red leprechaun beard
    I agree with this most strongly. No one makes a bigger joke of Irish, than the Irish themselves, and a lot of the same people were up in arms when Ray Houghtan done it
    They always cheat, they always lie
    **** Delaney and the FAI

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy Bowsie View Post
    From the original post...

I agree with this most strongly. No one makes a bigger joke of Irish, than the Irish themselves, and a lot of the same people were up in arms when Ray Houghtan done it

One of the greatest attribute a person or people can have is to be able to laugh at oneself. I have no problem with this at all.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    There's laughing at yourself and then there's making a mockery of your heritage and conforming to an offensive, embarrassing and repulsive stereotype, that has been unfairly cast on Irish people for years. I'm also taking about the "We're Irish and were alcoholics" nonsense that goes on too.
    They always cheat, they always lie
    **** Delaney and the FAI

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    There's laughing at yourself and then there's making a mockery of your heritage and conforming to an offensive, embarrassing and repulsive stereotype, that has been unfairly cast on Irish people for years. I'm also taking about the "We're Irish and were alcoholics" nonsense that goes on too.
    nah dont agree with that at all, I think the Irish do quite a good job of holding that stereotype to be true, at least here In London anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    People making a cup of tea with a tea bag in the cup and then pour the milk in on top of the tea bag. It freaks me out totally. Makes me want to puke. Milky teabags are the devil's work.

Also hate people who put milk in on top of the coffee granules before they add the hot water and the black bits of the coffee floating in the milk. EVIL!

Also Cocopops. They turn the milk chocolatey. Beelzebub's favourite food.
    I do all of the above. Frequently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    What exactly has dressing up as a Leprechaun got to do with mocking heritage and conforming to a embarrassing and repulsive stereotype?? Do you suffer from Leprechaunitis? They have nothing to do with alcoholics especially the one below.

---

Waves should be banned during a game. Half time, before the game or after it if you must but not during it please.
    Last edited by OwlsFan; 22/08/2009 at 7:35 PM.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Those blow horns at the Condfed Cup...
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    dumb yanks who scream "get in the hole" when a golfer is teeing off on a Par 5 hole
    "Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi". - Ian Holloway

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,195 Posts
    Chewing gum in general should be banned. And blowing (and bursting) bubble gum should be a capital offence.

People who (and bear with me on this one) - have a green light at a crossroads, turn left and then stop in the middle of the junction because they've seen the red light for the cars going the other way. Utter, utter retards. You'd be amazed how many times people do this, particularly when the crossroads isn't a perfect + shape.

Edit - I should probably have phrased that last as a behaviour. Oh well.
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 27/08/2009 at 5:36 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town View Post
    People who drive at about 60 km/h in an 80 km/h or 100 km/h zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo_Boy View Post
    People who drive slow in the fast lane, **** you all.
    also....

People who drive along the hard-shoulder to let traffic pass ....on a dual carriageway!?!

People who attempt to intimidate you onto the hard-shoulder to let them pass, when your'e already at or over the speed limit

People who overtake you because you've left a car length between yourself and the car in front, despite the queue of twenty cars ahead which he has no possibility of getting past (usually this tool pulls off the road at a junction or pertol station within the next half mile).
    LTID

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    people who throw cigarettes out of car windows. this really grinds my gears.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    To sum up several posts here, I think a lot of us would be a lot happier if there was less driving, therefore, driving is a behaviour that needs to be banned...
    Last edited by Bluebeard; 28/08/2009 at 12:41 AM.
    That question was less stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

Help me, Arthur Murphy, you're my only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    I bow to no one. bar Bluebeard and Mr A

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    less bad driving Bluebeard.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    I was happy with the first instance. Good and bad are very subjective, and I don't know if anyone, other than myself, could be trusted to be empirically objective on the matter. So, as I would refuse such a tawdry job, it follows logically that it is wiser to rule out driving to ensure that the job of ruling out poor driving is fairly and and resolutely completed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6yardpunisha View Post
    dumb yanks who scream "get in the hole" when a golfer is teeing off on a Par 5 hole

Oh, do I agree with that. So irritating even for the putts.

Failure to indicate at roundabouts (not sure if that one has been covered).

Players who dive and feign injury and managers moaning about the referees when over a season the decisions usually balance out.

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6yardpunisha View Post
    yeah def that is so bloody annoying, it really makes it hard to watch golf from the states

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,195 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    I was driving home during the week on the motorway; a jeep pulls out in front of me doing 65mph. After ascertaining that she (and women really are bad drivers, despite how they'll fob that off as sexist) wasn't going to get up to speed, I undertook her (as I'm legally entitled to do). As I passed, I glared in at her to let her know I thought she was a silly wench; she started pointing downwards at me. Once I'd gone past, she flashed her lights at me four times at about 10 second intervals, as if there was a batman-style message written on her lights that I could read. I think she was telling me to turn my lights on at 8 in the evening when it was still bright, but why she had to pull out in front of me to tell me this (or why even she cared), I don't know. People like that should be shot. No appeal.

This is a very therapeutic thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Guys who are so lacking in sexual self confidence that when you are driving along at a very respectable 65mph while dressed as an attractive lady they so burningly must pass you that they resort to passing you on the inside, when the only reason you pulled out in front of them in the first place is to point out that they had left their lights off.

Monster ingratitude - last time I'll try to help someone on the roads...

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast