Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 20 quid into Dalymount

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligored View Post
    i dont visit dalymount due to over-aggressive stewards at previous matches
    I dont go to the brandywell either as the area set aside for visiting supporters is terrible to view a game.
    Wow, that's great. Supporter of the year award on it's way...
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Still think there is a lot of oppurtunism by Sligo fans whinging on here but hey, looking forward to the final so will leave you guys to it
    You said it yourself that these were legitimate complaints.
    I fail to see the opportunism.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Real Rover View Post
    You said it yourself that these were legitimate complaints.
    I fail to see the opportunism.
    The complaints are long standing issues in Dalymount which have not changed recently. The opportunism is in the timing (after the semi defeat). While the complaints would still be as legit do you believe that Sligo fans would be going on about them had it stayed 1-2 ? I understand how sickening conceding a late goal is (still having nightmares about Salzburg ) and I believe that is what led to these complaints, if I'm wrong hey sorry ! As I sad earlier great support for Sligo on the night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post

Missing your club in a semi final for the sake of a fiver ? and fans say Bohs are arrogant ?
    Lets face it no supporter is going to miss a semi for the sake of a fiver ( and YES all Bohs fans on this thread agree 20 euro is too much but would not miss a semi over it). As mentioned in earlier post the cat A/B plan (which will benefit Sligo) was introduced following complaints by HOME fans.
    Our (awful) stewards are just as bad (if not worse) to home fans and complaints of behaviour much worse than that experienced by Sligo fans has been reported to the Board (action awaited but breath not held).
    Still think there is a lot of oppurtunism by Sligo fans whinging on here but hey, looking forward to the final so will leave you guys to it
    Sure, die hard supporters. But what about the casual fan who is borderline. Of course a fiver would make a difference to them. You want to turn these away too obviously.
    I'll explain to them about Category A and B and all that and watch their eyes glaze over. But the 20 quid they paid was a sickener to them and they won't be back too soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong2008 View Post
    Sure, die hard supporters. But what about the casual fan who is borderline. Of course a fiver would make a difference to them. You want to turn these away too obviously.
    I'll explain to them about Category A and B and all that and watch their eyes glaze over. But the 20 quid they paid was a sickener to them and they won't be back too soon.
    HMMMMMMMM a "casual' 'borderline' fan ? I suggest you check out the NAME of the poster I responded to Anyway you don't like dalymount/Bohs fine. Cant say the same about Sligo but hey knock yourself out. As I said we have a final to prepare for I apoligise that cat A/B system is a bit difficult for you but as you won't be back then no worries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    In my original post at the start of the thread I was speaking about these type of fans who wouldn't go along to very many games. I never wanted this to be an anti bohs thread so I don't know why you feel the need to rub my nose in a defeat.
    Fair play you're in the final. We're not. That's grand. Not exactly a change is it? My only issue was with the price compared to other grounds, which you have agreed is too much so I'm happy to leave it at that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
    I think that's right. AFAIK, €15 is the minimum adult price in the premier division and €10 in the first. I think this applies to any cup games you play as well. I don't know why there's a minimum charge, I don't see why a club can't charge less to try to attract a bigger crowd if they want.

€20 into a league cup game seems excessive, especially as the Champions' League game was only €15.
    For the cup games than the gate is shared (ratio/propotions) so it would be unfair for the home side to charge a very cheap admittance fee, thus short-changing the away side.
    shamrock rovers sold two-for-one €15.00 Euro for their Kildare Cty match in the league Cup this season.
    " I'll go right up to here,
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarpoJoyce View Post
    For the cup games than the gate is shared (ratio/propotions) so it would be unfair for the home side to charge a very cheap admittance fee, thus short-changing the away side.
    Hadn't thought of that, makes sense.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    In fact many teams raise their prices to cover the extra "expense" of paying the away team's share.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    In fact many teams raise their prices to cover the extra "expense" of paying the away team's share.
    That's a bid dodgy, Dodge. Considering that a semi-final is not a guaranteed gate at the start of the season, it's a bonus no matter what price is charged.

In the heights of elation since 7.18pm 14/11/10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohDiddley View Post
    Extra fiver for the sheer comedy gold of the refereeing performance.
    Is this true? Cos its going to cost us a fortune this year going on the refereeing performances so far

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post
    That's a bid dodgy, Dodge. Considering that a semi-final is not a guaranteed gate at the start of the season,
    eh, it is Bohs were talking about here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by srfc1928 View Post
    eh, it is Bohs were talking about here
    Yep. and semis are pretty much guaranteed (for now) at bohs. Would have thought the novelty of reaching a semi made it well worth it for Sligo fans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    was richie winter not available for the coin toss for venue ... tragedy for bohs. i am sure he will be there to "referee" the final , dont despair bohs fans.

Bad luck waterford.. its in the stars.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligored View Post
    was richie winter not available for the coin toss for venue ... tragedy for bohs. i am sure he will be there to "referee" the final , dont despair bohs fans.

Bad luck waterford.. its in the stars.
    I think the cheaper admission at RSC was the deciding factor whoops Sligo won't be there so that does not matter
    - price
    - ref
    - toilets
    - stewards

Anything else that upset those dearies from the West ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    The game was 3 days ago. Can ye let it go?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Pretty cute how Bohs fans are able to degenerate this thread into a "Bohs bashing" excercise and then a "we are just bitter because we lost even though we have been losing all season".
    If there is anything we have got practice at this season its expecting to lose.
    Still doesnt change the fact that your stewards are a disgrace and 20 euros is ridiculous.
    But as I stated before its got little to do with Bohs fans themselves, both issues are to do with management.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Real Rover View Post
    But as I stated before its got little to do with Bohs fans themselves, both issues are to do with management.
    You seem to be forgetting that Bohs is a members club run by it's fans. The "management" you speak of are Bohs fans themselves who have been elected as directors by the Bohs members. It is that board of directors who set ticket prices and employ those stewards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HulaHoop View Post
    You seem to be forgetting that Bohs is a members club run by it's fans. The "management" you speak of are Bohs fans themselves who have been elected as directors by the Bohs members. It is that board of directors who set ticket prices and employ those stewards.
    But I really doubt that stewarding and ticket prices for a Sligo Rovers game is on their top priorities when electing officials.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    582 posts later, and we have moved from pricing, through stewards, through a squabble over the reasons for the thread, to the democratic constitutional structures of BFC.

I think you will find that there are many Bohs fans who agree with you for the most part on stewarding (though Bohs are far from being the sole offenders here) and pricing.

If you're really interested -- and you're spending enough time on it -- and not just recreationally blowing hot air, why don't you just sit down for five minutes, organize your thoughts, and write an email or, better still, a letter of complaint to the club?
    Last edited by BohDiddley; 06/08/2009 at 9:01 PM. Reason: inability to write an email with a pen

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast