Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ways to help Cork?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CuanaD View Post
    I'd still like to know some background about TC & the trading details of CCFC - he does come across as decent-ish & I can't see why he is the one constantly being blamed by Cork supporters for mis-managment. Seemed from the start to be a cash flow problem, which was exacerbated by falling attendences. If the turnover estimates given to Licencing for this year were not greater than last year's T/O, then that would have been reasonable; if they had been increased that would have been unrealistic (& fault lies then with TC). Anyone know more details?
    Clueless.

We came out of examinership, he promised a sustainable club with a wage bill of max 15k a week.

Now we have the biggest budget in the league.

He has crippled our club and couldnt care less. Sure he 'gave it a go' as he said yesterday

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CuanaD View Post
    I'd still like to know some background about TC & the trading details of CCFC - he does come across as decent-ish & I can't see why he is the one constantly being blamed by Cork supporters for mis-managment. Seemed from the start to be a cash flow problem, which was exacerbated by falling attendences(brought on by attitudes to TC?).
    This has to be a wind up.
    He ran our club into the ground and doesn't seem all that bothered.

It was his decision to pay out big wages and live well beyond our means, now he is blaming all this on the recession, it's your fault Tom.

It was his decision not to pay a penny to the taxman since he took over.

Any money spent on CCFC came from elsewhere,there is no way on this wide earthly world he put any of his own personal money into the club.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Where's he getting 700k of his own money having been put in, he's been repeating that a fair bit?. Unless he counts any money CCFC bring in as his own. He doesn't strike me as a man that would have 700k never mind have it spare to put in to Cork City.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    He's a liar, or at least very badly twisting the truth, simple as that. If he put that much of his own money in there's no way in hell they could still have ended up owing the taxman 400k.
    Last edited by Mr A; 29/07/2009 at 11:21 AM.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    It was his decision to pay out big wages and live well beyond our means,

It was his decision not to pay a penny to the taxman since he took over.
    I'm just looking for any known facts, that's all.

As far as wages & living beyond means, can anyone confirm that CCFC are over the 65% ?
    Or is the only problem stemming from an inability to pay bills owed from past seasons (revenue)?

Did he not pay anything at all to the taxman?

Honestly I'm not trying to be a wind-up - just that all the attitude from the cork fans seems to be totally against TC & I'd love to be shown the reasons.
    & I understand the 'no smoke without fire' - I can see that there must be valid problems with TC - probably huge problems - I'd just like to be educated on the history
    http://trophymanager.com/?c=489688
    Trophy Manager - online football managment game - I like it - I think I'm getting obsessed with it though.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts
    Anything owed from previous seasons was written off when they came out of examinership (around last August). They started with a clean slate; he's run up all these debts himself.

Without having the figures, I think it's clear they have to be over the 65%. Their monthly tax bill is about E40k (per the court reports). That translates to a monthly wage bill of pushing E100k. You can do the maths from there. But they clearly don't have the money (or they'd have paid it), so they must have racked up large losses already, so they're more than likely over the 65% rule.

It's been stated in court that they've paid nothing to Revenue; the two cheques sent both bounced.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Anything owed from previous seasons was written off when they came out of examinership (around last August). They started with a clean slate; he's run up all these debts himself.

Without having the figures, I think it's clear they have to be over the 65%. Their monthly tax bill is about E40k (per the court reports). That translates to a monthly wage bill of pushing E100k. You can do the maths from there. But they clearly don't have the money (or they'd have paid it), so they must have racked up large losses already, so they're more than likely over the 65% rule.

It's been stated in court that they've paid nothing to Revenue; the two cheques sent both bounced.
    Thanks for that Stu (& John83) - looks like the wages are nearing the 1.2mil - so, close to Bohs, but probably NOT quite the largest in the league (which TC had said on MNS).

Wonder why FAI haven't been at them for licencing compliance then? (that's rhetorical - it IS the FAI)

Looks like I should save my contribution for Foras alright
    http://trophymanager.com/?c=489688
    Trophy Manager - online football managment game - I like it - I think I'm getting obsessed with it though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    they're more than likely over the 65% rule.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they're over 100%. They owe 400k in tax (part of wages really) and I doubt that they've spent that much on other things.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
    I doubt that they've spent that much on other things.
    You could say that
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Interesting snippet from Paul Doolin in todays Irish Indepenent(p73 Neil Ahern) where he said the mans(TC) failing was he was too honest in paying back pages and bonus money from the previous regime when compared to Drogheda who only paid a % of what was owed to players and of course his "outrageous" wage scale.

€1,000 euro goal bonus
    €2,000 euro goal bonus for Setanta Cup
    €500 for a clean sheet
    Who is this guy, Trapper Tony?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbyblob View Post
    he said the mans(TC) failing was he was too honest

Doolin again showing how little of anything he understands.
    Last edited by micls; 29/07/2009 at 12:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Interesting snippet from Paul Doolin in todays Irish Indepenent(p73 Neil Ahern) where he said the mans(TC) failing was he was too honest in paying back pages and bonus money from the previous regime when compared to Drogheda who only paid a % of what was owed to players and of course his "outrageous" wage scale.
    Doolin hasn't a clue [it must be the stupidness] at least when Mathews spoke last year you knew he could at least add.

The players in Drogs accepted the % because there was no white knight or prospect of payment. Coughlan came in at COrk during examinership and promised a rosy garden so the players stuck out for full back pay, to which they were entitled.

Honesty had nothing to do with it, we wouldn't have gotten a premier division licence without paying it.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    where he said the mans(TC) failing was he was too honest
    This is the outrageous bit.

Quote Originally Posted by tiktok View Post
    Doolin hasn't a clue [it must be the stupidness]
    rubbing off on that baldy head of his.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

€1,000 euro goal bonus
    €2,000 euro goal bonus for Setanta Cup
    €500 for a clean sheet
    Shame on those players, Behan had a clean sheet bonus because he played in goal once i believe, if any of them accepted it they took the club for a ride and simply taking the mick.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts
    Yeah, shame on those players for accepting the pay they were offered, when they could have left for other clubs who would have offered it too. What were they thinking? How dare they try and make a livelihood?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers Maniac View Post
    Shame on those players, Behan had a clean sheet bonus because he played in goal once i believe, if any of them accepted it they took the club for a ride and simply taking the mick.

rediculous comment
    imagine your job was to produce reports for your boss, and your boss said, for every report you produce i'll pay you an extra 1000.
    you think you wouldnt snap it up and go nice one, cheers and flood the place with reports!!

get real like
    life is random

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Why would anyone want to donate any of their hard earned money to save Cork? I understand any Cork fan giving all he can to save his club, but why would anyone else do it?

Cork splashed out money they didn't have, simple as. As was said already, any posters on here who have claimed to be such great LoI fans, why aren't you giving your money to Limerick? Why didn't you give your money to Drogs, Dublin City or Waterford?

This will probably sound harsh, but good riddence Cork. I have no time for any clubs who effectively cheat, and although I would've enjoyed a trip to the Village next season, I won't be losing any sleepover it.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Tom doesn't need anyone's help. It's all under control and everything will be grand on Friday. Or so he's told the PFAI apparently.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they're over 100%. They owe 400k in tax (part of wages really) and I doubt that they've spent that much on other things.
    Oh we've spent it alright, we just haven't paid

Quote Originally Posted by RoversManiac;
    To be fair, according to Rico in Con Murphy's recent MNS: Behind the scenes article (http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/mns/features/conmurphy/) he shows how the players went in with reasonable expectations of a wage increase and we're immediately offered much much higher than they expected.

We surely don't need to cover Arkaga again though do we? We paid all that money back, this has nothing to do with back-pay and bonuses and everything to do with Tom Coughlan not paying a cent since he took over, failing to pay the taxman (and the printers, and probably Hummel, and etc etc) and bringing in players on wages we couldn't possibly afford.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Tom doesn't need anyone's help. It's all under control and everything will be grand on Friday. Or so he's told the PFAI apparently.
    Source? Laughable claim if true.
    DCFC

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast