Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stadia

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Surely its achievable for every Premier team to have a decent stadium with at least 4,000 seats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inchicore_saint View Post
    Surely its achievable for every Premier team to have a decent stadium with at least 4,000 seats.
    yes it is, the problem is they want it now, these thing take time and commitment, the key is for every new supporter that walks in the gate to have a satisfying expierience that will entice him to return
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    think the Molde stadium is excellent even if you had 7 or 8 rows of seats all around the ground would be sufficent and an excellent ground. No ambition in our league with clubs and the councils

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bishbash View Post
    i dont think that the gaa is as big a factor as people say. if you go back to the 70s when waterford played rovers they were pulling in 20000. the gaa was just a strong back then
    dont agree with this at all - just turn on rte at any time and they are always showing some Gah junk from celebrity ban, the sunday game, pride of the county, etc etc etc - the free promotion the GAA get is so not funny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    http://www.conferencegrounds.co.uk/r...d_diamonds.htm

I used to live quite close to Rushden (although strictly speaking they were the enemy) I always thought their ground was the perfect model for a LOI club, capacity of about 6,500 with a good mix of seats & terrace, proper facilities with 2 bars and a restaraunt for sponsors, full training pitch & gym on site with the shop & all the clubs offices also housed in the stadium

http://www.thediamondsfc.com/page/Ne...,10784,00.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I couldnt be arsed going looking for the thread on LOI grounds but one question I want to ask is, didnt the FAi grant Drogheda a licence on severla grounds this season one in particular that temporary seating was to be put in place to bring it up to Premier Division regulations? So are these seast in now or whats the story with them?
    Drogs Who?!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    No blackandwhite the seats arent going in and the whole issue will be fudged by the fai because they love us so much , anyway they have enough to be dealing with cork going bust and bohs on the way Any chance you could get some cover for away fans and maybe a footpath to enter and exit the grouind without getting soaked and covered in mud .Theres a good lad .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndrog View Post
    No blackandwhite the seats arent going in and the whole issue will be fudged by the fai because they love us so much , anyway they have enough to be dealing with cork going bust and bohs on the way Any chance you could get some cover for away fans and maybe a footpath to enter and exit the grouind without getting soaked and covered in mud .Theres a good lad .
    Was a valid question ndrog, but your response is typical in its defensiveness and deflection. A straight answer would have negated any mischief making BandW was indulging in if even thats what he was at

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Was a valid question ndrog, but your response is typical in its defensiveness and deflection. A straight answer would have negated any mischief making BandW was indulging in if even thats what he was at
    He makes a good point.
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    And the judgemental holier than thou attitude displayed by dundalk fans after coming up from 7 years in the graveyard is getting tiresome beyond belief

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Did i say defensiveness?? Should have said paranoia!!!

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Ironically the more time goes on the more some of the Dundalk posse remind me of certain Galway fans after they got up a few years ago.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The FAI own the ground and they indicated at the start of the season that they will add seating to Utd Park, the home terrace area.

I think that the time involved won't be until next season so don't expect to see anything soon. Engineers have been up to look at how it can be done and apparently a plan has been approved.

It's just a matter of wait and see I suppose.
    Forzadrogs.....A blog by a Drog with an opinion!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    drogman how many seats are we talking ? is it both ends or what. dosent seem to be that much space behind the goals though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    The teams - Premier League, mainly - really need to improve slowly and steadily, without boxing themselves into a situation where they can no longer extend.

If possible, whether your stadium has 2,000 or 4,000, you should first focus on cleaning the stadium up (a problem with most LOI grounds), improving the shops/toilets/whatever, but if at all possible, teams should be ready for a situation where, if circumstance dictates, they can extend the stadium from 2,000, 4,000 gradually upwards towards 8,000, 10,000 and beyond.

Basically there's no point having a 20,000 seater stadium for 2,000 supporters, but there's also no point in having a beautiful, flawless 4,000 seater and if the situation arises where you could be bringing in two or three times that amount you have no surrounding lands in which to extend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ped_ped View Post
    The teams - Premier League, mainly - really need to improve slowly and steadily, without boxing themselves into a situation where they can no longer extend.
    It's a nice idea, but in practice, most of the Premier teams which own their grounds are busy selling it to pay for a league title. If we reach a point where teams are on a steady footing financially, we can think about gradually improving the infrastructure - essentially what licensing was supposed to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndrog View Post

There is no doubting our away end is a disgrace, and as I have said many times, not fit for Premier standard.

Hopefully this will be addressed in the not to distant future.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    i like oriel park have to say. seems to me it has great space to upgrade it if they have the money. artificial surface, has the potential to be a top ground there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drogman. View Post
    The FAI own the ground and they indicated at the start of the season that they will add seating to Utd Park, the home terrace area.

I think that the time involved won't be until next season so don't expect to see anything soon. Engineers have been up to look at how it can be done and apparently a plan has been approved.

It's just a matter of wait and see I suppose.
    Thanks Drogman, thats all I was really asking about but of course Ndrog has to turn it into a pitiful slagging match whihc nobody cares about....Typical
    Drogs Who?!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Black and White View Post
    Thanks Drogman, thats all I was really asking about but of course Ndrog has to turn it into a pitiful slagging match whihc nobody cares about....Typical
    You have my sincere apologies blackandwhite .I did indeed turn it into a pitiful slagging match and for that im truly sorry .The wounds are still open after our horrendous showing in oriel pk on friday night , i would like to publically and sincerely wish my fellow Louth men all the best for the rest of season .Love Ndrog .....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast