Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mickey Collins - Again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    It'd be embarassing if we were pursuing this. Can't see what we have to gain from it really, Dundalk would just be deducted the three points.

Regardless, rules are rules, and should be applied. It shouldn't be up to clubs to bring them to light, the FAI should do it themselves.

Maybe I'm being naive in thinking the FAI are this advanced, but if they record the teamsheets on a computer program, would the program not recognise that a suspension is outstanding and flag the player up as having a suspension outstanding?
    Have you ever won the treble?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maribor View Post
    Is it the same people? No.

Completely spurious comparison.
    Well the Derry fans were all high and mightly at the time when Ollie was acting the maggot, so I think it's very ironic.

Put your neck line on the line! Do you approve of Derry taking this course of action in this instance?

Personally I hate to see any clubs reaching for the rule book after a defeat. I have seen schoolboys team at it, sickening! Ollie disgraced himself at it for years and am disgusted to see another club at it now apparently!

Make your complaints before the game or else live with it is my oponion.

bhs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SMorgan View Post

However, if Derry want the 3 points they can have them. We'll sit back and let Bohs, Rovers and Cork get upset about it.
    can we have them, were finding it difficult at the moment picking up 3 points from anyone, so these would be great

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Well the Derry fans were all high and mightly at the time when Ollie was acting the maggot, so I think it's very ironic.

Put your neck line on the line! Do you approve of Derry taking this course of action in this instance?

Personally I hate to see any clubs reaching for the rule book after a defeat. I have seen schoolboys team at it, sickening! Ollie disgraced himself at it for years and am disgusted to see another club at it now apparently!

bhs
    You found a case when supporters look hypocritical in the light of more recent actions? Well done, brew yourself a hot cocoa chief.

I have stated twice already in this thread that I think Derry are completely wrong. I am aware that figures around the club have counseled against the decision as well.
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Black and White View Post
    Gavin Whelan was suspended for a match, think it was the Drogs second game of the season!You dont serve a suspension during pre season, it goes on to the league so. I would also like to point out that it does really sound liek SOUR GRAPES to me!
    The point is that Gavin Whelan did not receive an "Automatic Suspension in next League of Ireland match as per FIFA directive" which applies only to sending-offs received in competitive games.

His suspension was a two-match ban (and €50 fine) which he received at a FAI disciplinary meeting on 25 March, the match in question was on 24 Feb, and he subsequently served these in April - matches no 5 and 6.
    http://www.eleven-a-side.com/loi/news.asp?n=36201

This clearly verifies that there is no standing automatic one-match, next-match suspension applying for friendlies.

This is an entirely seperate point from the fact that the FAI did not have jurisdictional autonomy on any disciplinary action on Collins.
    Last edited by Ezeikial; 21/07/2009 at 11:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

bhs
    No one here is approving of the line we are taking. So it's a daft comparison.
    DCFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts

bhs
    Every Derry fan has said they disagree with the line taken yet your still getting all high and mighty,now I like giggle at Muckers any chance I get but your just on a wind up mate
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

bhs
    Not even one Derry fan has so far agreed with this from our club, so it's obvious that.............. blackholesun wrote "Do you approve of Derry taking this course of action in this instance?" ........ then the answer is NO.!!!!
    So if you think Bohs are big read this. http://www.astronomy.ie/perpespective.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Fair enough so, I hadnt had a chance to read all the earlier responses ...

bhs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by srfc1928 View Post
    can we have them, were finding it difficult at the moment picking up 3 points from anyone, so these would be great
    No get your own

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    It'd be embarassing if we were pursuing this. Can't see what we have to gain from it really, Dundalk would just be deducted the three points.
    would the result not be changed to 3-0 derry??if derry arent gonna get the points from it i cant see why on earth they would pursue it,what this needs is the FAI to come out and say he was/wasn't suspended and put it to bed once and for all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Connor plays down reports of Derry appeal regarding Collins
    http://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/3418/C...-of.5480165.jp
    Children in the dark cause accidents.
    Accidents in the dark cause children.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    It’s strange that Derry City appear, to an extent, to be distancing themselves from the appeal. According to them, they have been approached by a barrister that wants to pursue the matter with the FAI on the club's behalf. Ye right!!

The club could do worse than explain to the barrister the previsions within the Participation Agreement regarding clubs taking legal action against the FAI.

This is a nothing story that's going nowhere.
    Neale Fenn on retiring: 'I think once you finish you might as well finish rather than making all sorts of comebacks.'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Some additional material from the print edition of that Dundalk Democrat article, including Sean Connor comments:

"It sounds like somebody is clutching at straws because Derry City FC is a club that I respect and admire 100%" he said. "They are a great club and the honesty and integrity of the people that run the club is fabulous. The club is built on good people and a good city and for me they are the template for this football club. If we can strive to do what Derry City have done over the last five years, when they have been, in my eyes, the most consistent club in the country, then we will do pretty well"

"I'd hope they are not in the kind of trouble that we hear they are in because they are an intrical part of the community in Derry and in the League of Ireland" he added.
    This is high praise to be lavished on another football club, and perhaps is an accurate reflection of the general attitude towards Derry City within the football fraternity.

Derry City FC should make a comment on their position in the interests of protecting that reputation. In the absense of a clarification, this potential legal challenge will hang over the league table like an albatross, waiting to see if the 3 points in question have any relevance to Derrys final league place.

Otherwise that "honesty and integrity of the people that run the club" will take a further and justifiable pounding.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Some additional material from the print edition of that Dundalk Democrat article, including Sean Connor comments:

This is high praise to be lavished on another football club, and perhaps is an accurate reflection of the general attitude towards Derry City within the football fraternity.

Derry City FC should make a comment on their position in the interests of protecting that reputation. In the absense of a clarification, this potential legal challenge will hang over the league table like an albatross, waiting to see if the 3 points in question have any relevance to Derrys final league place.

Otherwise that "honesty and integrity of the people that run the club" will take a further and justifiable pounding.
    Not one Derry fan agrees with the appeal process we would rather the club concentrates on footballing matters and with a big game ahead tomorrow night all our efforts should be put into this. We played rubbish that night, the better team won by a mile we got what we deserved from it nothing and think the club will not pursue it any longer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    I wish the Demo would use a spell check, 'intrical'!! ffs

Who's this busybody barrister who has offered his services to Derry?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Not sure why Sean Connor's view is in any way relevant, although he does have recent experience of the legal process.

Maybe if he just invited Kenny out for a quiet drink it would easily be sorted.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Mirror today basically says that the FAI have told Derry where to go as they do not have a foot to stand on. Perhaps they're covering their won tracks but it does say that they dont have any grounds to get the 3 points as Collins was infact technically still a Newry player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    Not sure why Sean Connor's view is in any way relevant, although he does have recent experience of the legal process.

Maybe if he just invited Kenny out for a quiet drink it would easily be sorted.....
    I think he's the manager of the accused club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    It might be more appropriate for the Derry chairman to have a not so quiet word with Kenny.....(if indeed Kenny is the one making the running on this nonsense)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast