Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: MNS last night

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

MNS last night

it was embarressing to hear con saying that RTE didnt have the budget to cover the bohs game. now i know times are tight but if the station dosent have the money to cover this game, its a joke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Read elsewhere that they had no fewer than six pundits commenting on Antrim v Tyrone in GAA. How does that fit with their poor mouth performance?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    well i love GAA aswell, they actually cover that very well in fairness to them. no it was just the fact that they come out and say eh we dont have the money to cover the game. could hardly down to there last few quid. totally embarrassing.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I've no problem with this, if they have no money to cover soccer games then thats ok. Any idea what they'll show instead of the Premiership on a Saturday evening now?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    It was stomach-churning stuff watching Murphy repeat the party line verbatim last night. How he can justify earning a wage off the back of the LoI after that, I don't know. I guess junkets to Beijing to cover an event comprising sports which 90% of the Irish public don't care about tend to buy a man's complicity.

BTW, I had a quick look around the TV schedules to see how pre-existing contracts affected other broadcasters around Europe. Not at all, seems to be the answer. The only of this week's qualifiers which aren't being covered live by domestic TV in the host country are the Dudelange vs. Ventspils game in Luxembourg, and the Glentoran match.

The Azeri, Cypriot, Montenegrin, Andorran and Slovenian champions' games are all live on domestic TV. Andorran TV even screened Sant Julia's titanic clash against Tre Fiori of San Marino in the previous round.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It was a very poor show last night to be honest it was very rushed and the only ''proper analysis'' was Brian Sheely's contribution in the Bohs Derry game and not to mention Con saying that RTE doesn't have the budget to cover the Euro games for Irish clubs yet the crew that covered the Confederations cup managed to burn 26K. Interesting to see what matche RTE will cover if Bohs make it to the playoff round Bohs or Arsenal.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Well the highlight for me was when Murphy referred to the Valleta players as The Maltesers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    It was stomach-churning stuff watching Murphy repeat the party line verbatim last night..
    Well, the fact is, they've been made think about it, and they're obviously more than a little defensive: and there was obviously a 'party line' concocted, since what Con said was pretty much identical to email replies some of us got. So it's worth banging on about this.
    A patriot is someone who knows how to hate his country properly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
    I've no problem with this, if they have no money to cover soccer games then thats ok. Any idea what they'll show instead of the Premiership on a Saturday evening now?
    Fair point, especially when you consider it's available to everyone in Ireland anyway on BBC1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'd like to see Kevin Hunt appear on the show. He was on it twice last season and was pretty good.
    I'm a 23yr old right-handed heterosexual who drinks milk and likes democracy. - dcfcsteve knows me well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Umberside View Post
    I'd like to see Kevin Hunt appear on the show. He was on it twice last season and was pretty good.
    Won't happen.
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    the Hunt family have been going through a very difficult time lately. Appearing on MNS would be the last thing on his mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    the Hunt family have been going through a very difficult time lately. Appearing on MNS would be the last thing on his mind.
    I wasn't aware of that.
    Last edited by Umberside; 21/07/2009 at 6:54 PM.
    I'm a 23yr old right-handed heterosexual who drinks milk and likes democracy. - dcfcsteve knows me well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Does anyone else think the quality of the picture last night was shocking. I know RTÉ don't use HD cameras or anything, but the equipment they were using seemed to have real trouble with the sun. Every time the ball went between the camera and a bright patch I almost lost sight of it.

I usually think MNS is great, but they seem to have dropped the ball this week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peadar1987 View Post
    Does anyone else think the quality of the picture last night was shocking. I know RTÉ don't use HD cameras or anything, but the equipment they were using seemed to have real trouble with the sun. Every time the ball went between the camera and a bright patch I almost lost sight of it.

I usually think MNS is great, but they seem to have dropped the ball this week.
    Well they picked the right week to do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohDiddley View Post
    Read elsewhere that they had no fewer than six pundits commenting on Antrim v Tyrone in GAA. How does that fit with their poor mouth performance?
    You should meail them at mns@rte.ie about that .... its a good point, and could possibly give us a good insight as to where we stand with RTE

Well they picked the right week to do it.
    They picked the right week to drop the ball? What do you mean?
    Last edited by A face; 22/07/2009 at 1:13 PM.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I bet Con Murphy is raging that RTE didn't have cameras on the main stand in Richmond (well they did, but cameras to film footage that would actually be broadcast in this country....) He managed to catch the ball when it went out of play late in the second half, and beamed like anything. I meant to send in an email about it but didn't get a chance.