Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Jonathan Walters

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jonathan Walters

Have read that Walters is off to Hull. I know they are flying high in the 3rd but surely this can't be a positive move. Little chance of getting in at Bolton with Big Sam signing the likes of Fat Jardel by the dozen but thought he could of set his sights a little higher.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Saw it on Sky Sports News last night, makes some sense in that Peter Taylor is more likely to give him regular football than Big Sam, and Hull are looking good for automatic promotion this season. Might give him a chance to play and score more often, and maybe move on? I hear Blackburn are in for Huddersfield's John Stead, a 3rd division striker moving to the Premiership, so it's not unreasonable to think that this could be that start of something for him. What's slightly more worrying is the lack of strikers playing for top (1st div or premiership) clubs in our underage sides. Apart from Elliot at Man City, and Barrett at Coventry (just about) is there anyone else?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    True, he is only 20 and will be hopefully proving himself in the 2nd Division next year with Ben Burgess. As you said though we have a lot of potential strikers but very little in the way of definite talent. Hopefully Yeates at spurs will get a chance. Talk of Zamora leaving. Also wouldn't be surprised if Elliott gets a run along with Whelan towards the end of the season provided city stay clear of relegation and have nothing to play for. That's when Barton was introduced last year. If he gets his foot in the door who knows. Fowler, Macken and the incredible sulk are hardly setting the premiership alight this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    711 Posts

Re: Jonathan Walters to Hull?

Originally posted by Bowsy
    Little chance of getting in at Bolton with Big Sam signing the likes of Fat Jardel by the dozen but thought he could of set his sights a little higher.
    Jardel has left Bolton (he's at one of those little teams at the bottom of Serie A that no one's ever heard of), but the point remains that Allardice wouldn't know a youth player if it kicked him in the balls.

As for joining Hull, it's better for now to get first team football than to wind up trying to break into a first division side.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Hopefully Yeates at spurs will get a chance. Talk of Zamora leaving. Also wouldn't be surprised if Elliott gets a run along with Whelan towards the end of the season provided city stay clear of relegation and have nothing to play for
    I could be wrong but I thought Yeates played in an attacking midfield role, rather than an out and out striker? Robbie Keane did state at the start of the season that Yeates was the player he was most looking forward to playing with, and this was after the signings of Zamora, Kanoute and Postiga.
    I reckon Whelan could make the breakthrough to the Man City squad sooner rather than later, his last loan game at Bury is this weekend and they're sorry to see him go (just read any of the match reviews on bury.rivals.net)
    As for Elliot, it really pains me to say it, but I reckon he just plain won't get into the squad at all this season. Keegan's consistently displayed loyalty to the point of blindness to Fowler and Anelka up front. I can't see him dropping Anelka, so it's Fowler's spot that's up for grabs, and Macken is ahead of him in the queue for it and Wanchope will in all likelihood get it on returning from injury. I'd say he'll go on loan later on with a view to a permanent transfer.

I'm a Man City fan, so it really does hurt when any of the Irish youngsters leave, like Paisley and Murphy last season.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    it's a tricky decision. Do you go prove yourself at a lower level and risk drifting into obscurity or do you hang around and risk being overlooked beyond the point of reason like Richie Partridge. Probably more chance of breaking into the Man U team than Bolton's considering Allardyce's adopt a veteran/reject/some random Slovenian free transfer policy. Hull will get promoted, so at 21 if he's banging them in in the 2nd Division he's got a chance of being picked up. Just hope it's not another one that got away story.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Hull might not be the ideal move, but it wouldn't be a bad one. He's not going to get much of a shot at Bolton the way things are looking.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hull are a team on the up.

Big Stadium, good manager, decent young squad. They'll more than likely go up this season. Then after that; well in division two at the moment Plymoth are flying and they only just came up so he could be playing first division in two seasons, if someone doesnt come in for him before then.

There is a hugh difference between the likes of Hull and Carlisle

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Hull as a club have huge potential....bigger city than bolton and has the potential to be a bigger club than them as well. Its better for the lad to try and get a game there although I don't think he will get in ahead of Alsopp and Benny B....maybe a deal is done already for alsopp to leave.
    Bring back the plank

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Ridiculous bump of a thread I know but........

Top Five Championship / League One players who could play in the Premier League

Jonathan Walters, Ipswich Town
    At 25 Walters is the oldest player in this list and if he is to make the step-up it will have to come soon for the Tractor boys striker. The former Blackburn trainee also plays on the wing, which perhaps accounts for his low goal-tally last season, and is an integral part of the Ipswich team. Walters covers so much ground during a match and also gets involved in defensive duties, showing he has a great work ethic and commitment to the team. I feel he could comfortably adapt to the rigours of Premier League football personally and it remains to be seen whether a top-flight manager will take a gamble on him.
    In no way am I suggesting that Hull are interested in signing him again, in fact the only speculation I could find regarding him was to rejoin Jim Magilton at QPR and in my opinion thats just lazy journalism.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowsy View Post
    Have read that Walters is off to Hull. I know they are flying high in the 3rd but surely this can't be a positive move. Little chance of getting in at Bolton with Big Sam signing the likes of Fat Jardel by the dozen but thought he could of set his sights a little higher.
    haha, how times change!
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    Hull as a club have huge potential....bigger city than bolton and has the potential to be a bigger club than them as well. Its better for the lad to try and get a game there although I don't think he will get in ahead of Alsopp and Benny B....maybe a deal is done already for alsopp to leave.

Good foresight!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    thanks stiffler
    Bring back the plank

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in