Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Tonights Latest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I thought that myself, could the positioning of the mikes around the ground be the problem. Any crowd noise did seem very distant.

Anyway a poor performance from us as has already been pointed out the third 0-1 in a row. Not anywhere near good enough to be challenging. But a bit of perspective, Derry's squad isn't anywhere near strong enough to be winning leagues and with the few injuries and suspensions we suffered recently the squad size does begin to show. But credit to Bohs, it was a professional performance and they did enough to prevent Derry coming back into the game and Derry looked void of attacking ideas. An all too common problem recently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfc1928 View Post
    Anyway a poor performance from us as has already been pointed out the third 0-1 in a row. Not anywhere near good enough to be challenging. But a bit of perspective, Derry's squad isn't anywhere near strong enough to be winning leagues and with the few injuries and suspensions we suffered recently the squad size does begin to show. But credit to Bohs, it was a professional performance and they did enough to prevent Derry coming back into the game and Derry looked void of attacking ideas. An all too common problem recently.
    We were bad, but we did have a lot of posession and stroke the ball around a lot.

Our problem is clearly that we can't convert possession into chances and chances into goals. How many decent shots on goal did we have tonight ? It was the same against Skonto - bags of posessions and a decent work rate, but little to show for it.

We're in desparate need of boosting our strike-force. Farren was poor tonight, and was sporadic on Thursday. We don't have the money to buy-in goal baggers, so we just have to hope that McLean comes of age.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    This may sound like i'm on the wind up but i'm not. it's a genuine question to Derry fans, if come the end of the season and you haven't won either the FAI cup or the league, would you think it may be time to get a new manager in?

I know Kenny has been there a while over the 2 spells but i believe you've under achieved in those years and i honestly believe it's down to Kenny.
    They always cheat, they always lie
    **** Delaney and the FAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy Bowsie View Post
    This may sound like i'm on the wind up but i'm not. it's a genuine question to Derry fans, if come the end of the season and you haven't won either the FAI cup or the league, would you think it may be time to get a new manager in?

I know Kenny has been there a while over the 2 spells but i believe you've under achieved in those years and i honestly believe it's down to Kenny.
    It isn't the manager that is stopping us from winning the league. It's because our team is clearly not the best in the league. Fact.

Our year to win the league was 2005 or 2006, when we were arguably the best team around. But we're not now, and I'm not sure why you think the likes of Bohs and Cork being able to out-spend us consistently is somehow the manager's fault ? I doubt it was Kenny's decision to sell our best players last year either.

I wouldn't be surprised if we did change manager, but unless other teams stop spending crazy sums of money they don't have, or we win the lottery and are able to start doing the same, we won't be able to compete for quality players. And that's what is stopping us from winning the league. Not our manager.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

IMO I think we have actually over-achieved under SK.

Although I think because we will have to cut our budget next season we still should be in or near the top four as everyone else will also have to do likewise.
    So if you think Bohs are big read this. http://www.astronomy.ie/perpespective.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    It was a bit of a muted atmosphere, especially at the start, but I think that was partly down to the fact the game was played on a Sunday (end of weekend, thinking of Monday morning) rather than a Friday (start of weekend, thinking of going out).

We were outplayed in the first half and could, as someone said, have been 3 down by half time. The nearest we got to a shot on target in the second half was passing the ball back to Murphy after an injury. Gutting as it is to see the title challenge disappear it's not like it hasn't been on the cards for a while. I take full responsibility by the way; just before Bohs scored I asked a friend when the last time Bohs had beaten us in 90 minutes was.
    Last edited by thischarmingman; 20/07/2009 at 8:15 AM.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    People in this league are far too quick to criticise.

How the hell is anybody meant to generate atmosphere having watched geriatric golf instead of football for half the game?
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maribor View Post
    To be fair BP,any football that was played was played by Bohs in the first half. This would have been missed by anyone watching the stream.

Youse were very very good going forward and we couldn't cope(change from 4-5-1 to 4-4-2 made no difference to us). Keegan and Deegan ran the show in the middle, I was very impressed with Madden up front. It should have been 3-0 at the break.

We were very very poor, a feature which has been prevalent in the last few games(three 1-0 reverses to Drogs, Dundalk and you lot). Title challenge gone for this year, and I'd say for quite a while, as massive cutbacks must/should be made to keep the club afloat.
    Thats a reasonable summary of the game, I do think that Derry will re-group and push Rovers for second place.

ps , top class blog on the Chawke/Geordie/Mackem/RTE schitzophrenia

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

I wouldn't wait 'til the end of the season.

We have an expensive squad put together for a title challenge that didn't happen, and we can't afford it.

A lot of the team have been around a long time and it needs freshened up. I would release Morrow, Martyn, Jennings, Grey, Higgins & Kearney when he's fit again. Obviously we might not get takers for them but it would shake things up a bit.

I wouldn't necissarily get rid of Kenny, but if he won't work under tighter financial constraints then we've no option.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFShels View Post
    Nice to see Kildare doing better now, their fans on here always seemed to take constant defeat well so its nice to see them getting a taster of the good times, still fancy they'll end up down unless they can catch one of the other First Division sides. These A League sides seem good.
    after seeing mervue utd at the weekend mervue will finish bottom.. they were **** poor against us..
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    after seeing mervue utd at the weekend mervue will finish bottom.. they were **** poor against us..
    Pity really. They were doing very well until June.
    I'm a 23yr old right-handed heterosexual who drinks milk and likes democracy. - dcfcsteve knows me well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Anyone got the line ups for Tallaght?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Referee: Alan Kelly

Shamrock

Manager: Michael O'Neill
    Starting line-up : B. Murphy, I. Bermingham, P. Flynn, A. Price, C. Sives, T. Purcell, S. Rice, S. Robinson, S. O'Connor, G. Twigg, D. Baker

Subs : S. Webb, K. Coleman, R. Duggan, S. Madden, C. Treacy, E. McGill, S. Bradley, O. Cahill, P. Amond, E. Doyle

Injured : None

Suspended : None

Real Madrid

Manager: Manuel Pellegrini
    Starting line-up : J. Dudek, M. Torres, .. Pepe, C. Metzelder, .. Marcelo, L. Diarra, J. Guti, C. Ronaldo, G. Raúl, G. Higuaín, K. Benzema

Subs : M. Salgado, G. Heinze, R. van der Vaart, A. Robben, W. Sneijder, E. Garay, . Negredo, F. Javi García, G. Adán, F. Gago, R. Drenthe, D. Parejo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    Referee: Alan Kelly

Shamrock

Manager: Michael O'Neill
    Starting line-up : B. Murphy, I. Bermingham, P. Flynn, A. Price, C. Sives, T. Purcell, S. Rice, S. Robinson, S. O'Connor, G. Twigg, D. Baker

Subs : S. Webb, K. Coleman, R. Duggan, S. Madden, C. Treacy, E. McGill, S. Bradley, O. Cahill, P. Amond, E. Doyle

Injured : None

Suspended : None

Real Madrid

Manager: Manuel Pellegrini
    Starting line-up : J. Dudek, M. Torres, .. Pepe, C. Metzelder, .. Marcelo, L. Diarra, J. Guti, C. Ronaldo, G. Raúl, G. Higuaín, K. Benzema

Subs : M. Salgado, G. Heinze, R. van der Vaart, A. Robben, W. Sneijder, E. Garay, . Negredo, F. Javi García, G. Adán, F. Gago, R. Drenthe, D. Parejo

Strong line up there, really impressed, fair played to Rovers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    I hope Ronaldo breaks his leg.

Anyone see the pre match coverage? It was cringe-worthy seeing the massive queue of Barstoolers.
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    I think we all know the big news there; O'Connor starts for Rovers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Is that Eoin Doyle on the bench??

Is this a parting gift to him from Shamrock?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    where has Danny O Connor gone to btw?
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Heggy View Post
    fair played to Rovers.
    For?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast