Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Tonights Latest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inside Man View Post
    I can't believe people are really talking about Bohs going through to the next round. They were very lucky in the first leg i think we can all agree, it'll take another big slice of luck for them to get past them in the second leg because Salzburg will now know what they are up against, and any element of catching them on the hop now is gone within the first leg.
    Good Luck Bohs though, I'll be shouting for them tomorrow.
    Bohs don't need to hit them on the break. All they need to do is sit back and defend which Fenlon in charge is very likely.
    I'm a 23yr old right-handed heterosexual who drinks milk and likes democracy. - dcfcsteve knows me well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I can't believe people are really talking about Bohs going through to the next round. They were very lucky in the first leg i think we can all agree, it'll take another big slice of luck for them to get past them in the second leg because Salzburg will now know what they are up against, and any element of catching them on the hop now is gone within the first leg.
    Home team in Uefa Champions League first leg attacks more and has more clear cut chances and misses them against away side shocker!!!

Salzburg are better than Bohs but its not a giant leap between each side. A few Bohs players would be well at home in the Salzburg team I reckon.

I'm so nervous right now.
    Last edited by irishultra; 21/07/2009 at 10:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    i thought the performance in Salzburg was so mature and professional that it gives us a great chance to put one over RBS tomorrow. Sure, we gave away chances but nothing unexpected - Salzburg are a good team with good players, they were bound to create a few decent chances. But they didnt take them. We took ours and we had almost equal possession. Tomorrow is a different kettle of fish - playing on a grass pitch, missing two of their key players from the last game and in front of a hostile partisan crowd. (NBB have been drinking lemon and honey all week in preperation )

I read their coaches comments on extratime.ie and he is arrogantly dismissing our chances again, already. I think he is playing a dangerous game and hopefully he will be eating his words tomorrow evening.

Fenlon is a good coach and will have the team well drilled again for tomorrow. Fenlon's Shels team beat Hajduk Split 2-0 at home a few year back after losing 3-2 in Croatia. I trust him to get the same performance out of this (arguably a lot better) Bohs team.

It could yet go either way but i am slightly more than hopeful of progression.

CMON BOHS!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    I read their coaches comments on extratime.ie and he is arrogantly dismissing our chances again, already. I think he is playing a dangerous game and hopefully he will be eating his words tomorrow evening.
    I saw that. It must be a positive for Bohs, hopefully anyway.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    The quote attributed to him on extratime is:
    Speaking through an interpreter, he said: "We respect all opponents but we really need to come away with a win. In the last game Bohemians played very well but we had a lot of chances and we will be looking to take up all the chances that we missed in that game. Salzburg is a very good team, as are Bohemians, but I very much expect that we will come out on top. When you see the chances that we gave away and all the mistakes that we made, of course it was 1-1, but we need to bring the chances in and win in the second leg."
    Dunno how anyone could find fault with that tbh.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    according to the reporter, Mr. Stevens poured scorn over our chances.

Poured scorn goddammit!

Last edited by SkStu; 22/07/2009 at 12:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Stevens expressed concerns over the surface at Dalymount, which he said was "curved" and much different "to the flat fields we are used to in Austria"

You gotta love that.. Although, he didn't say 'Bent' to his credit..

No seriously, Bohs sit back at as rule but are usually quite clinical and percise when they do go forward that I see them scoring a goal.. And as I see Red Bull also scoring we could be looking at Penos...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Bohs - Derry being replayed on Setanta now, for any night-owls in need of a LOI fix.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thischarmingman View Post
    Bohs - Derry being replayed on Setanta now, for any night-owls in need of a LOI fix.
    anywhere streaming it for free?

dont go there Boo Boy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    I hasten to add, I'm not actually watching it. Beer, custard creams and Mock the Week are more adequate 2am fare.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    What brand are the custard creams? I fancied some earlier but Tesco only had own-brand ones and I didn't like the look of them. Although how anyone can eat them without tea is beyond me.

They should put First Division games on at 3 a.m. with ambient music in the background. Could become a cult hit.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    What brand are the custard creams? I fancied some earlier but Tesco only had own-brand ones and I didn't like the look of them. Although how anyone can eat them without tea is beyond me.

They should put First Division games on at 3 a.m. with ambient music in the background. Could become a cult hit.
    "Lidl Custard Cream Biscuits." Yes, most were broken, and yes, I live like the student I recently was. To sample them with Dutch Gold is to be living on the bohemian edge of life.

Agree with the FD 3am idea, although I might substitite the music for excitable Japanese commentary. Now, that would be a cult hit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thischarmingman View Post

Agree with the FD 3am idea, although I might substitite the music for excitable Japanese commentary. Now, that would be a cult hit.
    And some "Banzai" style betting! Only problem is I would never get any sleep just waiting to see us.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213