Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RTEngland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

RTEngland

Just tuned into the news on RTE 2 to see if they had footage from Salzburg - 'first to soccer' she said, and i sat back..... and some news about the bans on Chelsea players been reduced was followed by transfer news from 'Eastlands' and then Joe Stack mentioned that Bohs fans had travelled to Salzburg for tonight's qualifier...... this was the 6 O'Clock news package replayed. Afterwards the link woman mentioned the result and it came up on the screen with Salzburg misspelt. I'm emailing RTE next.
    A patriot is someone who knows how to hate his country properly.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    If you listen very closely, in the distance, you'll hear the sound of RTE and me, not caring!!!

Honestly, this thing of getting our knickers in a bunch at things like this is getting ridiculous. Particularly given todays LoI related events (i'm not going into detail but you all know what i mean)
    Last edited by Hairy Bowsie; 15/07/2009 at 10:40 PM.
    They always cheat, they always lie
    **** Delaney and the FAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy Bowsie View Post
    Honestly, this thing of getting our knickers in a bunch at things like this is getting ridiculous.
    Why? Someone has to. The only Irish team in the Champions League were playing tonight. If it was Liverpool or Celtic playing a qualifying round you can bet the schedules would have been cleared. I don't think anyone expects RTE to turn around and say, "Yeah you're right, from now on we'll up our LOI coverage," but an important principle is at stake.

If God knows how much money is spent by Montrose in broadcasting the latest meaningless borefest between Liverpool and Marseille or Chelsea and Schalke then they should be able to outlay enough to cover every Irish team in action.
    Last edited by thischarmingman; 15/07/2009 at 10:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    If you listen very closely, in the distance, you'll hear the sound of RTE and me, not caring!!!

Honestly, this thing of getting our knickers in a bunch at things like this is getting ridiculous. Particularly given todays LoI related events (i'm not going into detail but you all know what i mean)
    No, I think you're wrong here. Its not good enough from RTE.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Well, unfortunatly more people in this country care for Celtic and Liverpool etc, as much as i don't like it, it's how it is and you can't blame them for appealling to the masses.

At the end of the day, what difference does it make? It's an important principal but only to LoI fans and as i've said, until we are a majority of some sort, they won't care.
    They always cheat, they always lie
    **** Delaney and the FAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Well, unfortunatly more people in this country care for Celtic and Liverpool etc, as much as i don't like it, it's how it is and you can't blame them for appealling to the masses.
    I can blame them actually, and I will. Appealing to the masses doesn't cut it in this case. RTE's remit is not to appeal to the masses- that's TV3's. I'm sure most people in the country don't care about the Angelus at six anymore, but that doesn't stop it being broadcast. RTE areen't supposed to only care when you become a majority.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Look RTE are just a product of the idiot masses in this country.

I really really really want to see a LOI team in Champions League proper, just to see which games they would show.

Would they actually have Eamonn Dunphy and Giles on the panel if a League of Ireland team were in the CL? I doubt it their interest/knowledge of football begins at the Welsh Boarder and stops at Calais(like the majority of football fans in this country although some diverge along the way up to Scotland)
    Last edited by irishultra; 15/07/2009 at 10:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    That bunch are on tele more times than PL sides. Nearly every league game they play is on some station.
    NL 1st Division Champions 2006
    NL Premier Division Champions 2010
    NL Premier Division Champions 2011

Keep Tallaght Tidy, Throw your rubbish in the Jodi

Ten Years Not Out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

At the end of the day, what difference does it make? It's an important principal but only to LoI fans and as i've said, until we are a majority of some sort, they won't care.
    Public service broadcaster!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Ironically there are plenty of folks I was talking to today, Non LOI supporters asking were they can see Bohs play tonight. They may not be interested in LOI weekly but they tend to seem willing to watch CL qualifiers on the box so I think RTE would get a decent viewership....
    For all your League of Ireland news - www.extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
    Ironically there are plenty of folks I was talking to today, Non LOI supporters asking were they can see Bohs play tonight. They may not be interested in LOI weekly but they tend to seem willing to watch CL qualifiers on the box so I think RTE would get a decent viewership....
    I totally agree with you. Btw I'm only on the net now because of the result tonight. That said, whether it's Bohs, Derry, Rovers, Pats, Cork as champions, these matches should be broadcat on our states tv station.
    I got no lips I got no bones where there
    were eyes there's only space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    And why is that I wonder???
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    it was ajoke last night, whoever put that bulletin together should be sacked. bohs get a great 1-1 draw and its way down the order after transfer news. as someone said that package was from bloody the 6 one news. unbelievable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    They'll probably now belatedly end up deciding to show the second leg because Bohs got such a good result, real johnny come lately stuff if they do!!
    The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.
    Muhammad Ali

Roy Keane is still a pri*k!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayo Red View Post
    They'll probably now belatedly end up deciding to show the second leg because Bohs got such a good result, real johnny come lately stuff if they do!!
    dont watch it, watch the link that so many of us used last night, what odds if quality isnt great
    Havin a weekend away is quite frankly,lettin ur team mates down!

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    I happened to switch it on just after I went to bed and I commented to the girlfriend that it was terrible to have an English football story ahead of Bohs great result, then to make it worse they only showed the preview thing from the news at six. It really was appaling and I'm not generally one to get too upset by stuff like that, I mean how difficult would it have been to ask Austrian TV for the rights to show the goals?

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    I mean how difficult would it have been to ask Austrian TV for the rights to show the goals?
    Budgetary constraints I'll bet, it probably would have meant that Gerry Ryan or Pat the Plank would have gone hungry for a week or something!!
    The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.
    Muhammad Ali

Roy Keane is still a pri*k!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    ok if there not going to show the goals at least have it top of the bulletin.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    A joke, of course I stupid assumuing that it was going to be on the tv last night and couldnt believe it that it wasnt. Its a guarantee that they will show the second leg but yet another good away result missed. They also failed to show the away leg against H Split the time Shels got through to the third round.
    I would encourage as many people as possible to just drop a quick emailt to the sports dept of RTE complaining about this. FGS, they showed Liverpool in the first qualifying round a few years back when they drew some welsh side but they didnt show a team from our own country in the 2nd qualifying round.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Angry

I saw this as well last night. Again, RTE shafting the League of Ireland teams. I couldn't believe it when they started showing archive footage from last year. Bohs winning the league I think it was. As was said, surely they could have got the goals from somewhere to show them.
    This really was a low point in RTE's coverage of League of Ireland teams. How can we expect any interest among the public if this is treatment given to our League Champions?
    MNS is a decent show but when they pull stunts like this they show their true colours.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast