Thread: RTEngland

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fionnsci View Post
    They're upping it to 33 by 2013.

Are people forgetting that RTE is a business operating in a recession? They can not afford to spend money on what won't draw in the audiences which (as much as I'd like to think it doesn't) includes Bohs - Salzburg.
    rubbish, they are meant to be a public broadcaster. I pay my licence to see irish teams - def not to see the like of RTe (hamilton and houghton) swan around the EPL and CL.
    Its a bloody disgrace that Bohs werent on last week
    In the same week we get wall to wall bogball - wicklow and longford FFS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    RTE is not a business; it is a public service organization. These people invariably say they are a business to justify broadcasting repeats of imported dross such as Sex and the City.

Perhaps their budget-conscious sports execs could share with us how much they spend on rights to EPL matches already available to the Irish viewing public on several other channels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohDiddley View Post
    Perhaps their budget-conscious sports execs could share with us how much they spend on rights to EPL matches already available to the Irish viewing public on several other channels.
    Or perhaps how much they spend on bringing Graeme Souness over every week for the CL coverage?

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Anyone catch News2 or whatever they call it last night? They had more about the Rovers-Madrid game, gave the results of the Shels and UCD friendlies, and the division one game, and had an interview and preview of the Bohs game with Fenlon. Hopefully that's the impact of the Madrid game publicity and the wave of protest after not showing the Salzburg goals starting to take effect and League of Ireland will continue to feature more prominently.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    RTE are good at referring to the current economic climate as an excuse but they don't seem to have any problems pi$$ing money away on the poxy Confederations Cup!!

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/offthef...ws.asp?n=36780

RTE risk criticism over Confederations expense

July 20, 2009

National television broadcaster RTE spent more than €26,000 to send six staff to South Africa for last month’s Confederations Cup tournament.

The eight-team competition was seen as a dress rehearsal for the World Cup finals in South Africa next summer.

A report in Monday’s Irish Sun has revealed that the station sent a staff of six to cover the tournament.

Commentators George Hamilton and Peter Collins, analysts Trevor Steven and Kenny Cunningham, reporter Justin Treacy and producer Mark McKenna amassed travel, accommodation and food bills totalling €26,355.

Given the relative insignificance of the Confederations Cup, that outlay is likely to provoke criticism given the prevailing climate of job losses and greatly reduced revenue within RTE.
    The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.
    Muhammad Ali

Roy Keane is still a pri*k!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    ya seen that about the confederations cup and they havent the money to cover 1 game. bunch of wasters.

id say someone like trevor stevens cant believe his luck that hes a job like that all expenses paid. joke.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Driving home from work yesterday on the M50 Dalymount lights in the distance the 530 sports news on Radio 1 mentioned Sven Gormless Ericsson and Snotts County no a mention of Bohs in the champions league . So I rang RTE got put through to the complaints department . I asked why Snotts Co was news worthy and the champions of our country was'nt. She could'nt give me an answer and accussed me of shouting . I asked her how many Snotts County fans paid there TV licence in this country no reply from Ms. RTE complaints department .Another Bohs fan got through to the sports desk and the editor apologised. Why do we bother paying our licence fee. Every time a stupid story like that is aired ahead of our league it is our duty to ring RTE as licence payers to complain .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Exactly but don't be too harsh on them, they only work there.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    ya seen that about the confederations cup and they havent the money to cover 1 game. bunch of wasters.

id say someone like trevor stevens cant believe his luck that hes a job like that all expenses paid. joke.
    Maybe Im naive or missing something here but could the commentary on the Confed cup not having been provided direct from Dublin, ie George and co sitting in front of a tv screen in Montrose commentating on the game. Would save an awful lot in costs and provide a decent level of commentary required for these type of games. Am sure they do this for the premiership highlights as it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I thought thats what happened, but obviously not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaumontBohs View Post
    Driving home from work yesterday on the M50 Dalymount lights in the distance the 530 sports news on Radio 1 mentioned Sven Gormless Ericsson and Snotts County no a mention of Bohs in the champions league . So I rang RTE got put through to the complaints department . I asked why Snotts Co was news worthy and the champions of our country was'nt. She could'nt give me an answer and accussed me of shouting . I asked her how many Snotts County fans paid there TV licence in this country no reply from Ms. RTE complaints department .Another Bohs fan got through to the sports desk and the editor apologised. Why do we bother paying our licence fee. Every time a stupid story like that is aired ahead of our league it is our duty to ring RTE as licence payers to complain .
    hahaa well done man - funny.
    but all these complaints seem to be doing no good, they still kepp doing the same thing. the sports department in RTE havent a clue FFS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    Maybe Im naive or missing something here but could the commentary on the Confed cup not having been provided direct from Dublin, ie George and co sitting in front of a tv screen in Montrose commentating on the game. Would save an awful lot in costs and provide a decent level of commentary required for these type of games. Am sure they do this for the premiership highlights as it is.
    nah thats ok for highlights but would sound sh1t for a whole live game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie! RTengland

[QUOTE=BeaumontBohs;1196797]Driving home from work yesterday on the M50 Dalymount lights in the distance the 530 sports news on Radio 1 mentioned Sven Gormless Ericsson and Snotts County no a mention of Bohs in the champions league . So I rang RTE got put through to the complaints department . I asked why Snotts Co was news worthy and the champions of our country was'nt. She could'nt give me an answer and accussed me of shouting . I asked her how many Snotts County fans paid there TV licence in this country no reply from Ms. RTE complaints department .Another Bohs fan got through to the sports desk and the editor apologised. Why do we bother paying our licence fee. Every time a stupid story like that is aired ahead of our league it is our duty to ring RTE as licence payers to complain .[/QUOTE

All, I think the main difference now is we have sites like this and we can find out how we as Fans feel. I have seen some of the E Mails sent into RTE and there were no punches pulled by Shels fans about the above situation. I have to say for years i thought it was only me that was complaining Keep up the good work

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I think complaints are taken far more seriously than sending an email with a gripe to a particular department.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456