Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Derry's turn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pól-dcfc View Post
    I can't remember the exact figures involved, but Meteor were due to give us a massive amount of money (was it £1million over 3 years?). We budgeted on the basis of receiving that money.
    Sorry, just been on the floor for the last hour laughing at that statement. Not a hope it was even 6 figures, never mind 7.
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maribor View Post
    Sorry, just been on the floor for the last hour laughing at that statement. Not a hope it was even 6 figures, never mind 7.
    Assuming you are correct, Maribor, doesn't that make Derry's plight even more serious?

That is, if they are left struggling by the collapse of a five figure sponsorship deal, then the rest of the Balance Sheet can't have been too healthy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maribor View Post
    Was it not a record amount at the time? As I say, I'm just going on my hazy memory, but surely it was well above £100,000. We auctioned off the sponsorship for the rest of this season for £50,000, and I assumed this was a massive drop from what we were originally bargaining for. 3 x £50,000 is already over 6 figures.

I'd assume I'm wrong on the £1mill if your saying it Kev, but surely it was at least a six figure sum?
    DCFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    EG,

I think the sponsor may have been a covenient excuse to shed light on the difficulties. As stated, anyone with a bit of sense could see 6 months ago that a sponsor in the construction industry might be in trouble. Derry were aware of the fact several months ago, but didn't secure an alternative sponsor.

The BS is far from healthy(trawl on NI Companies House will give you the accounts). We only have accounts to Y.E 2007, and the AGM we were promised for early season has failed to materialise.

We had the Finance Director and CEO resign since the start of the year, draw your own conclusions.

Bear in mind that in the last that we sold two players to Celtic, one to Kilmarnock, one to the Blues(£25k), finished 3rd in the League and got to the Cup Final. We also had a Draw which raised £100k profit and as others have noted, we were sailing close to wind anyway. AFAIK the case from Dungannon Swifts is still outstanding, and talk that Robertson is taking us to an employment tribunal.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

Financial Situation at Derry?

Where does the victory over Skonto Riga now leave Derry as regards this seasons financial commitments?

Obviously the position is improved compared with the earlier "grim warning that defeat against Skonto Riga over boths legs of the Europa League tie, will result in the Brandywell club failing to meet its financial commitments for the end of the season".

Has the danger passed for the moment, or are we likely to hear further "do-or-die" reports?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Has the danger passed for the moment, or are we likely to hear further "do-or-die" reports?
    We will hear further reports.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Where does the victory over Skonto Riga now leave Derry as regards this seasons financial commitments?

Obviously the position is improved compared with the earlier "grim warning that defeat against Skonto Riga over boths legs of the Europa League tie, will result in the Brandywell club failing to meet its financial commitments for the end of the season".

If rmours are true that we've already drawn down the European money as an advance from the FAI (as UEFA won't distribute til June 2010) then all we are doing is continuing to double down hoping we'll eventually hit 21.

It's a complete myth that Europe (at least in the pre-league stages) is profitable. If you have a bit left over from covering your costs you're doing well. TV money only comes into it if you draw an English or German side. We had to sell the PSG tickets at £25 to breakeven.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    If rmours are true that we've already drawn down the European money as an advance from the FAI (as UEFA won't distribute til June 2010) then all we are doing is continuing to double down hoping we'll eventually hit 21.

It's a complete myth that Europe (at least in the pre-league stages) is profitable. If you have a bit left over from covering your costs you're doing well. TV money only comes into it if you draw an English or German side. We had to sell the PSG tickets at £25 to breakeven.
    well with the lack of seats at our grounds that dosent help either with small crowds. as you say with costs from going to the away leg it prob dosent leave much over. still the further you get the more you make so thats the incentive.

say pats max capacity is around 3000
    the showgrounds was only 2700

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Compensate.

Dont Uefa compensate teams in the qualiyfing rounds for away trips???Giving them a few grand for flights,hotels etc.Thats what i heard anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eamo1 View Post
    Dont Uefa compensate teams in the qualiyfing rounds for away trips???Giving them a few grand for flights,hotels etc.Thats what i heard anyway.
    i thought u get your money from each round and its up to yourself after that. maybe im wrong.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234