Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Under 20 League

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Under 20 League

I would just like to make a point on the Leagie of Ireland Under 20 League.

Personally, I think it's poorly publicised by both the governing body in this country, and by the National Media. Now, I don't know how many people on here go to their sides Under 20 games. Unfortunately, I've only gone to a few in a few years, but I would personally like to see it promoted better. After all, we are talking about the future players at our clubs.

What do people think ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iorfa2MaccaJim View Post
    I would just like to make a point on the Leagie of Ireland Under 20 League.

Personally, I think it's poorly publicised by both the governing body in this country, and by the National Media. Now, I don't know how many people on here go to their sides Under 20 games. Unfortunately, I've only gone to a few in a few years, but I would personally like to see it promoted better. After all, we are talking about the future players at our clubs.

What do people think ?

First team games receive little or no publicity at most clubs and you want to push for better marketing of under 20 games????
    one step at a time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    We had almost 200 people at our Under 20's opening game of the season last Wednesday, that was purely by word of mouth. We had a cover charge of €5 at the gate too and nobody had a problem with it.

I do believe the other teams at each club should be given equal attention by the fans. They are fans of Dundalk FC, Bohemians FC, Derry city FC, etc and not Dundalk first team, Bohs first team and Derry first team. It is a club and not just a team imo.

I also agree the publicity at each club could be done better, better media use and signage would be a start.
    Unless you get a certain local paper or listen to your local radio station you will not hear a mention of your local sides upcoming home game.

Some clubs don't even have reports of underage games or even acknowledge their underage sides.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Heggy View Post
    We had almost 200 people at our Under 20's opening game of the season last Wednesday, that was purely by word of mouth. We had a cover charge of €5 at the gate too and nobody had a problem with it.

I do believe the other teams at each club should be given equal attention by the fans. They are fans of Dundalk FC, Bohemians FC, Derry city FC, etc and not Dundalk first team, Bohs first team and Derry first team. It is a club and not just a team imo.

I also agree the publicity at each club could be done better, better media use and signage would be a start.
    Unless you get a certain local paper or listen to your local radio station you will not hear a mention of your local sides upcoming home game.

Some clubs don't even have reports of underage games or even acknowledge their underage sides.
    agree completely with this statement.
    there are a lot of people who turn up to first team games and think they are real fans yet there are people who are at every underage game and give up an awful lot of their time for the club. these are the real fans and the driving force behind a club.
    also, have to complement our webmaster who has reports on games from u12 c team all the way up to the eircom league team
    www.castlebarceltic.com

What the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve!