Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tallaght

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts

Question Tallaght

Now that fans of every club in the PD have visited Tallaght Stadium, what do you think?
    NL 1st Division Champions 2006
    NL Premier Division Champions 2010
    NL Premier Division Champions 2011

Keep Tallaght Tidy, Throw your rubbish in the Jodi

Ten Years Not Out

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    After visiting it to watch KCFC play ye in the League Cup, I have to say that I wasn't overly impressed with the stand. Not that there was anything wrong with it, it's a fine stand, but it is still just a stand - reminded me alot of the Athlone one actually. I guess the ground will have more character when the additional stands are up. That'll help the atmosphere too.

Whar did really impress me was the facilities there. The club shop is something that I would imagine is the envy of every club in the league. The media facilities seemed to be really proper (anyone remember the old gantry in St Mels? Things have come a long way!). Catering was good, considering the game, and having Maldrons across the road in handy. I think that ye by far and a way have the best match-day and facilities set-up on this island, and probably a lot better than many clubs across the water.

Formerly skibbereen co.cork but now Oregon USA
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    We brought a big crowd up and tried our best to create a athmosphere but its a way too open, untill a 2nd/ 3rd stad are up the athmosphere wont be great. There was no banter between fans like.

Great facilities ill admit. Turners cross is a better ground in my view despite the club shop being in the city rather than the ground itself
    west cork district league
    west cork commandos

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    as it took such a long time to be built it could have been better. we could hardly hear the rovers fans singing at all yet they were constantly singing and vice versa. hate stands that are only half covered by the roof. it should cover all the seats. only looked into the rovers shop but only saw one rail of rovers items, the rest was all related to the national team. the drainage for the pitch looked dire.

on the plus side the disabled section is excellent. great view right on the half way line. we got a lift to the upper level (for want of a better word). car parking for loads of car which is great. great to watch a game without any obstructions.
    Saint Patricks Athletic Fans Team. Eircom League Supporters Cup Champions 2006. P3 W2 D1 L0 F3 A0. Thats why we're champions, Thats why we're champions, Thats why.............

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    Now that fans of every club in the PD have visited Tallaght Stadium, what do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    After visiting it to watch KCFC play ye in the League Cup, I have to say that I wasn't overly impressed with the stand. Not that there was anything wrong with it, it's a fine stand, but it is still just a stand - reminded me alot of the Athlone one actually. I guess the ground will have more character when the additional stands are up. That'll help the atmosphere too.

Whar did really impress me was the facilities there. The club shop is something that I would imagine is the envy of every club in the league. The media facilities seemed to be really proper (anyone remember the old gantry in St Mels? Things have come a long way!). Catering was good, considering the game, and having Maldrons across the road in handy. I think that ye by far and a way have the best match-day and facilities set-up on this island, and probably a lot better than many clubs across the water.
    I basically agree with everything Philly said. The stand is good but the ground needs the additional ones before it can really be judged. It did remid me of Athlone's stand. The club shop and media facilities are absolutely top notch (I've visited the ground both as an away fan and as press) and the view is superb. It was great to see so many kids and families at the game today, there was a real buzz around the ground outside and inside.

The overall matchday experience is great, it's a pity a lot of those who came today may never be back, not because of the ground or the team, but because they were just there to see the Magpies. Really annoyed me on the Luas there to see Irish adults going to a game between Shamrock Rovers and Newcastle decked out in black and white and talking about "We can beat this Shamrock Rovers team," apparently without any shame.

I do think there's a lot of potential there and I hope that the buzz around the ground and the team continues, although obviously not to the detriment of our (fading) title hopes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Yeah I'd basically agree with a lot of what's being said. Great stand, great pitch, great facilities. However, it cannot be judged until the opposite stand is finished.

The stadium is very poorly sign-posted though.
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thischarmingman View Post
    I basically agree with everything Philly said. The stand is good but the ground needs the additional ones before it can really be judged. It did remid me of Athlone's stand. The club shop and media facilities are absolutely top notch (I've visited the ground both as an away fan and as press) and the view is superb. It was great to see so many kids and families at the game today, there was a real buzz around the ground outside and inside.

The overall matchday experience is great, it's a pity a lot of those who came today may never be back, not because of the ground or the team, but because they were just there to see the Magpies. Really annoyed me on the Luas there to see Irish adults going to a game between Shamrock Rovers and Newcastle decked out in black and white and talking about "We can beat this Shamrock Rovers team," apparently without any shame.

I do think there's a lot of potential there and I hope that the buzz around the ground and the team continues, although obviously not to the detriment of our (fading) title hopes.
    I went to see Newcastle because I'm a fan but I'm also a Drogheda United fan so I will be back, but I do agree with you. I heard some idiot behind me complaining that the stadium was too small and wasn't the size of an EPL stadium. I mean the only reason why they aren't bigger is because barstoolers like him don't go to the games. There was a lot of Toon fans there today but I'd say 90% of them were Irish. A lot of them won't be back.
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thischarmingman View Post
    Really annoyed me on the Luas there to see Irish adults going to a game between Shamrock Rovers and Newcastle decked out in black and white and talking about "We can beat this Shamrock Rovers team," apparently without any shame.
    They may be fans of other LOI clubs (unlikely I suppose...). I've been to Athlone both as a Brighton fan and a Harps fan in the past year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by green army View Post
    hate stands that are only half covered by the roof. it should cover all the seats. .
    The reason the roof is the size it is, is due to the fact it's not rovers stadium, It's SDCC stadium and as such need's to cater for a number of sports including junior GAA games and Rugby, seens as the ball is played in the air in both sports (Not as much in rugby, but it does be) the roof is slopping up so the spectators have a better chance to see the ball in the air, this makes it impossible to cover the whole stand toward the pitch.

The stadium is nice, and when stand 2 is finished it will be better again. Shamrock rovers are very very lucky, but they better be good boy's for the next 5 years are they wont get to continue their lease when it expires then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    I thought the stand was fairly good when we were up there. It will be interesting to see what the ground is like when the 2nd stand is completed. Will the away support be based in the new stand when it is completed ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Why are there so many coloured seats?

Why not just green and white?
    Nobody knows us, we don't care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Breen View Post
    The reason the roof is the size it is, is due to the fact it's not rovers stadium, It's SDCC stadium and as such need's to cater for a number of sports including junior GAA games and Rugby, seens as the ball is played in the air in both sports (Not as much in rugby, but it does be) the roof is slopping up so the spectators have a better chance to see the ball in the air, this makes it impossible to cover the whole stand toward the pitch.
    What complete total utter garbage! Where in the name of jaysus did you pull this little gem from? SDCC had no input into the design of the roof of the main stand in Tallaght. That whole stand was designed by Rovers back in 1998 I think. It was half built by Rovers (including the roof supports that only extend halfway accross the stand) in 2000/1. SDCC came along 7 years later and finished it off for us but the design wasn't changed it was still finished as per the plans Rovers done in 1998. To suggest the roof is the way it is to accomodate GAA and Rugby is utter horseshi.t! Also the new east stand will have a roof that covers the whole stand so your last sentence is boll0cks too.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Probably a blessing more Rovers fans don't post here when the few that do just seem to post agressive, defensive, nonsense.

Mark Breen knows what he is talking about, he has had first hand experience with the Tallaght studium but i don't want to take all his glory. Mark, tell him what you do and why he is talking out his hoop (if you'll excuse the pun)?
    They always cheat, they always lie
    **** Delaney and the FAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Hairy bowsie do you by any chance remember the many many pictures of a half built tallaght stadium in papers and on the net during the years 2002 to 2008 when building recommenced? If yot do you will remember the roof supports were already built in 2001. They were built then at the same angle and length as they are today. That roof was always designed like that it was not changed by sdcc for gaa or rugby. It was designed by rovers arcitects in 1998 exactly like it is today. The new stand designed by sdcc has a longer flatter roof so make of that what you will.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy Bowsie View Post
    Probably a blessing more Rovers fans don't post here when the few that do just seem to post agressive, defensive, nonsense
    Aggressive maybe, defensive maybe, but in this case 100% accurate. The main stand is built to Rovers' original drawings. The new east stand will have a complete roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddyfield View Post
    Why are there so many coloured seats?

Why not just green and white?
    Don't mention the War
    Last edited by dfx-; 13/07/2009 at 1:03 AM.
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Tallaght and Turners Cross and Terryland to a lesser extent prove that LoI clubs have zero interest in infrastructure, whatever they say publicly.

If you want a stadium to be proud of, don't let an LoI team develop it.

Sad but true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Theres no real atmosphere in it as well as half the seats destroyed with bird sh!@t and a good few in the away section detroyed or ripped up already.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    I'll have you know those birds are paid a lot of money to do that job!!!
    How's that for aggresive and defensive!
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HulaHoop View Post
    What complete total utter garbage! Where in the name of jaysus did you pull this little gem from? SDCC had no input into the design of the roof of the main stand in Tallaght. That whole stand was designed by Rovers back in 1998 I think. It was half built by Rovers (including the roof supports that only extend halfway accross the stand) in 2000/1. SDCC came along 7 years later and finished it off for us but the design wasn't changed it was still finished as per the plans Rovers done in 1998. To suggest the roof is the way it is to accomodate GAA and Rugby is utter horseshi.t! Also the new east stand will have a roof that covers the whole stand so your last sentence is boll0cks too.
    Firstly, Your correct, the roof is as per the original design by Michael Noonan architects, but the reason for the roof design remain the same, it is installed so as to allow the spectators to see as much of the play as possible, both when the ball is on the deck and when it's up in the air, now regardless of who designed it, the answer i gave still answers the question that was asked, WHY the roof was built as it was.

My referance to Rugby and GAA was one that the council mentioned when discussions re: playing other sports in their stadium were brought up, hence my mistake.

As for the 2nd stand, again this stand is not going to be straight, it will also be slopped upward's, yes it will cover all 18 row's, but when you are sitting in row's 1-4/5 it will still be very open you will feel like you are not covered, In order to keep these area's 'covered' you would have to go a meter or two pass row 1 which will not happen.

ps: my last sentance was 'Shamrock rovers are very very lucky, but they better be good boy's for the next 5 years are they wont get to continue their lease when it expires then' . . . . .I stand by those comments

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy Bowsie View Post
    Probably a blessing more Rovers fans don't post here when the few that do just seem to post agressive, defensive, nonsense.

Mark Breen knows what he is talking about, he has had first hand experience with the Tallaght studium but i don't want to take all his glory. Mark, tell him what you do and why he is talking out his hoop (if you'll excuse the pun)?
    Thanks HB, but i wont mention it on an open forum

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast