Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tallaght

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    ....Turners Cross ...... prove that LoI clubs have zero interest in infrastructure, whatever they say publicly
    The MFA own Turners Cross
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Breen View Post
    ps: my last sentance was 'Shamrock rovers are very very lucky, but they better be good boy's for the next 5 years are they wont get to continue their lease when it expires then' . . . . .I stand by those comments
    I didn't see anyone challenge it, so why repeat it and 'stand by it'?

I'm not a Rovers fan, but calling what they have 'lucky' seems like the sourest grapes [coloured envy green] imaginable, I've seen from a distance over a number of years what they have achieved and luck, if involved in any aspect, was surly miniscule compared to the huge amount of hard work, passion, money and skill they put in.

Fans of other clubs would be better placed to applaud them and emulate their model rather than sound like a jaded primary school teacher threatening to take a kid's sweets away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    The family section is great in the stand,when we played there it was full of big kids who had there young kids with them who were teaching them a thing or two

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok View Post
    The MFA own Turners Cross
    Err, that was my point.

The three best grounds in the League (my view before the urination competition starts) aren't owned by the clubs themselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I didn't see anyone challenge it, so why repeat it and 'stand by it'?

I'm not a Rovers fan, but calling what they have 'lucky' seems like the sourest grapes [coloured envy green] imaginable, I've seen from a distance over a number of years what they have achieved and luck, if involved in any aspect, was surly miniscule compared to the huge amount of hard work, passion, money and skill they put in.

Fans of other clubs would be better placed to applaud them and emulate their model rather than sound like a jaded primary school teacher threatening to take a kid's sweets away.
    Hulahoop made a comment about my last line been bo ll ox

So i corrected him.....

And yes, ' the huge amount of hard work, passion, money and skill they put in' is fantastic, as it is at Shel's.... But to say we should emulate them is nonsence, they (Rovers) owed so much money, yet only paid a fraction of it...Why should we emulate that..... At least Shels are paying everyone back in full.....Still neither team should be emulated.... Teams run properly should be.... Althought most people hate them, UCD is run better than most in this country, as are Wexford Youths .... Cork,Shels,Bohs,Drogs,Sligo etc are a disgrace

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Firstly, Your correct, the roof is as per the original design by Michael Noonan architects, but the reason for the roof design remain the same, it is installed so as to allow the spectators to see as much of the play as possible, both when the ball is on the deck and when it's up in the air, now regardless of who designed it, the answer i gave still answers the question that was asked, WHY the roof was built as it was.

My referance to Rugby and GAA was one that the council mentioned when discussions re: playing other sports in their stadium were brought up, hence my mistake.

As for the 2nd stand, again this stand is not going to be straight, it will also be slopped upward's, yes it will cover all 18 row's, but when you are sitting in row's 1-4/5 it will still be very open you will feel like you are not covered, In order to keep these area's 'covered' you would have to go a meter or two pass row 1 which will not happen.

ps: my last sentance was 'Shamrock rovers are very very lucky, but they better be good boy's for the next 5 years are they wont get to continue their lease when it expires then' . . . . .I stand by those comments
    So you're happy to admit that your original quote of "The reason the roof is the size it is, is due to the fact it's not rovers stadium" is factually incorrect since it was the Rovers architect who designed it that way in the first place and was built that way when the stadium was in Rovers ownership.

My comment re your last sentence was in relation to the last sentence I quoted you on which was "this makes it impossible to cover the whole stand toward the pitch." Yet now you are admitting that the roof on the new stand "will cover all 18 row's." So forgive me if I was agressive or defensive but I was just highlighting the factual inaccuracies in your post.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Can we not have one big thread for Rovers fans and their sympathisers to toss each other off in, rather than them starting one everytime they want a pat on the back? Or at least a "Club initiatives and marketing megathread" for everyone, or something...
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    And yes, ' the huge amount of hard work, passion, money and skill they put in' is fantastic
    I'm glad you agree with me.
    As to the rest of the rambling.... Rovers are the best run club in the league now, and run by supporters, that should be emulated. How they got into the position they're in is irrelevant.

Also, if I hear one more person pretend that Shels didn't go into examinership for any reason other than the ownership of Tolka, I think my head will explode, it's up with Socrates playing for UCD as an LOI urban myth at this stage.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Can we not have one big thread for Rovers fans and their sympathisers to toss each other off in, rather than them starting one everytime they want a pat on the back? Or at least a "Club initiatives and marketing megathread" for everyone, or something...
    howya Sheridan.
    Did you get up to much over the weekend ? See any good films ?
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Don't be so ridiculous. They've gotten where they are through hard work and luck. They behaved disgracefully with regards to their tax bill and despite what you say, it should not be ignored. They ran up huge bills and had them wiped off for them, forcing creditors to close down their business because of those losses, things like that should never be ignored.

Of course fans will applaud them since but having a slate wiped clean and being handed a new stadium is shameful and lucky respectively. I know thats the model you hope to follow in Cork but how you can be so blantently biased is beyond me.
    They always cheat, they always lie
    **** Delaney and the FAI

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Who's "they"?

The former directors ran up the debts and acted disgracefully. The fans kicked them out. That's too important a distinction to cover by "they" did the first bit and "they" did the second bit. If Shelbourne fans had reacted in the same way, you wouldn't need to be bleating on about how poor youz have to pay all your massive debts off.

Amuses me the amount of stick Rovers get for doing practically everything right since getting control of their club back.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    How they got into the position they're in is irrelevant.

Also, if I hear one more person pretend that Shels didn't go into examinership for any reason other than the ownership of Tolka, I think my head will explode, it's up with Socrates playing for UCD as an LOI urban myth at this stage.
    The reason why Shels are paying every cent owed, should then also be irrelevent and then the fact they are should be applauded by your logic anyway. You can't wave away one and criticise the other.

Shels don't want praise for paying debts owed, it's how it should be. If it wasn't that way i don't think i'd still be supporting Shels now. As you said, it's irrelevent why they are but at least they are.
    **** Delaney and the FAI

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Who's "they"?
    Shamrock Rovers Football Club
    **** Delaney and the FAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Amuses me to think that people think they've done nearly everything right

Remember that only last year they were asking for members to pay up to 5 years in advance to get them through the season. Something Bohs were lashed for doing this year. Gamble worked for them though

They have been lucky that SDCC wanted to egt involved, but every other club would dearly love their council to get involved so there's nothign wrong with that. Any investment (from local authorities or other) is good investment IMO

Posting a thread asking for people's opinions is ridiculous too IMO.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy Bowsie View Post
    Shels don't want praise for paying debts owed, it's how it should be.
    Enough of their fans mention at nearly every oppurtunity though
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy Bowsie
    Shamrock Rovers Football Club
    SRFC did nothing. A company can't do anything. Its officers did what you said, and got struck off, which seems fair. Rovers' fans took over and can't have what went before them held against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    Remember that only last year they were asking for members to pay up to 5 years in advance to get them through the season.
    Funny, that's exactly what I was thinking of when I qualified my statement slightly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I was in the family Stand on Saturday and was thinking wouldn't it be a good idea to make it non-smoking. It seems consistent with the idea of it being a family stand.

Tallaght is an ok stadium but just that. There is no character there yet. That's not anyone's fault, but more due to the lack of stadium structure there! I can see why Rovers fans got excited about it after the long wait since Milltown, but Turner's Cross, at the moment, is a better stadium IMO. Credit to them on the pitch, it's in fantastic nick! An ideal stadium for International U18/U21 games, don't know if any have been there yet or not.
    'And Crouch must score'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    I liked the ground on the whole. The club shop is great, the toilets are really good too.

I've two complaints though. The fact that around the back of the stand you can't walk it's length, meaning you have to go back up into the stand and then back down. Don't see the reason for this at all.

My other complaint is those metal things that look like they're meant to hold a sign or something. They just get in the way of your view of the pitch.
    These things:
    Have you ever won the treble?

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy Bowsie View Post
    Shels don't want praise for paying debts owed, it's how it should be.
    So why the fook do youse keep bringing it up?
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Betting Man View Post
    The family section is great in the stand,when we played there it was full of big kids who had there young kids with them who were teaching them a thing or two
    A very small group of people who don't represent the vast majority of Hoops fans. I regularly sit in the family section with my two kids and the scum you are referring to haven't been there for any other match bar the Bohs one. When the new stand opens the family section won't be next to the away support anymore.
    "I'd rather play in front of a full house than an empty crowd" Johnny Giles

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast