Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Win or Bust for Bohs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Betting Man View Post
    You win the league on the pitch,if we win the league then its because we have been the best team on the pitch over 30 odd games so it would be right to be allowed to be league champions
    You are an idiot. You win the league on the pitch, yes. But why should you keep the title if you have cheated the whole season?
    Last edited by pól-dcfc; 10/07/2009 at 4:27 PM. Reason: speeling
    DCFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pól-dcfc View Post
    You are an idiot. You win the league on the pitch, yes. But why should you keep the title if you have heated the whole season?
    Because.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    You win the league on the pitch,if we win the league then its because we have been the best team on the pitch over 30 odd games so it would be right to be allowed to be league champions
    Can you really be so blind so as not to see the bigger picture?

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    The members were told that the club had budgeted to spend €1.4m on players' wages this season, but that figure had to be increased to €1.6m to take into account bonuses still due to the players for their league win last season.
    Is the 65% salary cap based on P+L accounts? If so surely the bonus should be considered part of last seasons?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pól-dcfc View Post
    You are an idiot. You win the league on the pitch, yes. But why should you keep the title if you have heated the whole season?
    What Pats ever do with that Champions Of Ireland trophy?. Could we dust it off to solve a problem?.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,227 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DmanDmythDledge View Post
    Is the 65% salary cap based on P+L accounts? If so surely the bonus should be considered part of last seasons?
    I suppose if they forgot (or "forgot") to declare it in last season's P&L, it makes sense to put in this season's. You'd have amnesia breaking out right across the league then.

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I suppose if they forgot (or "forgot") to declare it in last season's P&L, it makes sense to put in this season's. You'd have amnesia breaking out right across the league then.
    Why would it make more sense? Surely the most logical thing to do would be to ammend last year's account (accruals principle as you know ) rather than just creating another error, especially one which makes things more difficult for them.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,227 Posts
    But if (and this is all hypothetical), the accounts were signed off and the accrual was never put in, then you can't do that.

Not saying that's what's happened; just giving a scenario to fit the facts you noted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boh_So_Good View Post
    I am proud of Bohs and their general atitude to running the club. Rather live a day like a lion than a life of a lamb.

Or rather; better to live a glorious season or two as a Bohs, Cork, Shels fan than a lifetime in the RSC.

The 'all or nothing' is what makes a club great and provides amazing memories for fans.

You see how this works? It's the choice between banging Angelina Jolie once, versus a life spent with a nice plain girl who thinks blow jobs are dirty.

Life is for living. Football is the same. Glory is worth the price. Deal with it or move to Limerick.
    Hey Bozo, we'll be playing Premier next season. A lifetime of mediocrity awaits you lot. Enjoy your trips to Kildare and Monaghan.

Come on Red Bull

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I hope Bohs go bust, serves them right for being minnows and appointing that rat faceed little ......!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    I am proud of Bohs and their general atitude to running the club. Rather live a day like a lion than a life of a lamb.

Or rather; better to live a glorious season or two as a Bohs, Cork, Shels fan than a lifetime in the RSC.

The 'all or nothing' is what makes a club great and provides amazing memories for fans.

You see how this works? It's the choice between banging Angelina Jolie once, versus a life spent with a nice plain girl who thinks blow jobs are dirty.

Life is for living. Football is the same. Glory is worth the price. Deal with it or move to Limerick.
    A year in the first division will sort you out son.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

People like you give credibility to the oft-repeated myth that fans can't be trusted to run football clubs

Enjoy your club's mayfly existence, as it appears a prolonged period of mediocrity may be just around the corner....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,631 Posts
    why the hell are so many of you taking what BSG has posted as serious?? He has always posted funny, sarcastic, tongue in cheek posts here on a whole host of topics.

Sometimes i despair at the schadenfreude from posters here. Its pathetic. Sure, our old board messed up but wishing us to lose against Salzburg is pitiful. Despite our different allegiances, i always rowed in behind Drogs, Pats, Cork, Sligo etc and i enjoyed (nervously) Shels' run of a few years ago. The only team i wouldnt cheer for obviously is Rovers. And that would be out of rivalry, not out of wishing them to go out of existence.

And we're not dead and buried yet, not by a long shot, so save your unbridled joy until we are.*

* uneccessary drama but i was tired and emotional.
    Last edited by SkStu; 11/07/2009 at 4:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Proof that Bohs are the new Shels.

FACT. As they like to say round Dalyer.

When all else fails trot out the "jumpers for goalposts, first to 10 wins" argument.

Sure why not throw out all the rules so? Match fixing... Go right ahead, ineligible player, we won on the pitch didn't we?.......

Your argument has more holes in it than the sale agreement for the shopping centre end.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Partizan View Post
    Hey Bozo, we'll be playing Premier next season. A lifetime of mediocrity awaits you lot. Enjoy your trips to Kildare and Monaghan.

Come on Red Bull

Waterford will never be a top club again unless they re-locate with the glass factory to Eastern Europe so I doubt whether I will ever be able to return the compliment and wish you luck in your european campaign.
    if Bohs do have stumble for a few seasons we`ll take it on the chin and be back stronger than ever. Bohs don`t do mediocrity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    boring , cheating bohs..............................they will break the salary cap, but the FAI will then tweak the rules in their favour to ensure they don't get relegated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    If course they wıll. Sure just look at the bendıng over backwards the FAI dıd to keep Drogheda Unıted ın the League.

They are ın the league on the basıs of an appeal to the grantıng of plannıng permıssıon for theır stadıum ın the sky. I wonder what theyll do now to keep them ın the league along wıth Bohs.

I know at thıs tıme of year we all have a cyber group hug and wısh all LOI teams well ın Europe. Persoannly, I hope Bohs are hammered and the the second leg ıs only a matter of course.
    Neale Fenn on retiring: 'I think once you finish you might as well finish rather than making all sorts of comebacks.'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    if Bohs do have stumble for a few seasons we`ll take it on the chin and be back stronger than ever. Bohs don`t do mediocrity
    Some of the comments on bohs web are absolutley priceless. The sheer nonchalance and refusal to come to terms with the financial meltdown that awaits, suggests that you lot will be wallowing in mediocrity for a long time to come.

Look. Im following Bohs the last 12 years and all iv heard for those 12 years is bums on seats. But we will never get bums on seats inless the grounds are better but yet all the clubs havnt a pot to **** in so that wont happen any time soon ( inless you pay everone 4% and get a free rental of a new stadium). So we have to start thinking of other angles. The bar is the obvious one to look at. It has to be run properly!!! For starter a few pokie machines in the bars will bring in some dosh, get rid of those fruit machines, there not worth a ******. I know for a fact pokies bring in good money. i have experienced it. Have a Chinese night every so often. They love there own private room with music and they would love the pokie machines aswell. Why isnt the bar open during the day with cheap booze. I dont know the reason, if someone wants to fill me in? Can we hold gigs in Dalymount or is there health and safety reasons?

Here's another one -

definitely think that now this is out in the open that there should be massive agressive marketing from the club to get new members in.

I would even go as far as having special memberships schemes. Maybe something like 10% discount for our Polish, Chinese, other minority friends, to try and entice them in.

Lets beat up the journo who blew our financial cover up -

whoever is leaking this should **** off dont give me ah we new this already ****e. I hope the person leaking this is found out an gets a good hiding the ****. Dont usually agree with violence but whoever this ***** is he deserves what he gets should be ****ed out of the club aswell! Conway should not be talking to the the journo either, should just ignore them.

You couldnt make that up.

The Discover Ireland League awaits

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    P.s.

come on salzburg!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Yeah I usually support LOI teams in europe , but the manner in which bohs go about a match is a joke.
    There plan last night was to get Michael daly sent off , right from the first whistle they where at him.niggling, pushing him ( and all that comes from the scumbag manager of theirs) they will get beaten on tuesday night by Salzburg (10-0 i hope)..............I couldn't see the challenge for the red card , according to RTE is that it was Harsh...............that tells its own story

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast