Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Win or Bust for Bohs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Dalymounter ......to get more people interested in the league , we need to see good football........................bohs get all the TV coverage , but there brand of football will not attract any new fans ..................it will infact turn current fans away from the league.
    you go 1-0 and then shout-up shop........its Pathetic

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    gwan son get it off your chest lad ,was your lunch money robbed on Doyles corner or something

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    why the hell are so many of you taking what BSG has posted as serious??
    Agree that his post can't be taken seriously.

The problem is that BSG posts seem to reflect the general attitude within the club based on the actions (and inactions) of the board (and by extension the members).

Sure, our old board messed up
    Are all the current board members absolved from responsibility in your view?
    Are all the club members absolved from responsibility?
    Has Gerry Conway not been a pivital figure on all recent boards?

....... but wishing us to lose against Salzburg is pitiful. Despite our different allegiances....
    It goes against the grain to wish for a LOI team to lose in Europe, but I certainly do. Progress in Europe and retaining the league title leaves open the possibility that Bohs recklessness and financial incompentence could be claimed as justified......avoiding the sanctions that are thoroughly deserved (even necessary!), and leading to further financial russian roulette. Enough is enough!

And we're not dead and buried yet, not by a long shot, so save your unbridled joy until we are.*
    Should the inevitable come to pass.....there will be no joy in me, just a small rekindling of hope that clubs mighht take a more pragmatic approach to responsible management.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    After all the problems over the last few years clubs are still falling into this trap. How can this keep happening. Maybe be good for the league if Bohs were sent down.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by viagogo View Post
    After all the problems over the last few years clubs are still falling into this trap. How can this keep happening. Maybe be good for the league if Bohs were sent down.

The last few years????
    How do you think Rovers won their four-in row? They poached the best players by paying them money that was unsustainable and which ultimately resulted in Kilcoyne cashing in the assett to cover his loss .

Dundalks great team of Mc Conville, Keely, Dainty, King? Built and sustained on the basis of prudent financial management? was it f....k.

Shels overspent but with an added vindictive element of trying to put other clubs out of business, particularly us and Pats.

Derry City, Begging bowl cycle , nuff said`

Cork Celtic, signing George Best on the equivalent in todays money of 15 k a match. City, perennial overspenders due to non payment of taxes (thats alright according to the FAI, they aren`t in breach of the 65%)

Waterford, Flying Bobby Charlton in to play matches ffs. Didn`t work, Bohs beat them 2-0 in Dalymount.

I could add many many more, there nothing new in football, we are all doomed to repeat the same mistakes. the trap is ambitiously or recklessy over-reaching for success. I would reckion that every club at some point,(other than UCD, the High Priests of Fiscal Rectitude)) has done that.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Talking

[QUOTE=Partizan;1190080]Some of the comments on bohs web are absolutley priceless. The sheer nonchalance and refusal to come to terms with the financial meltdown that awaits, suggests that you lot will be wallowing in mediocrity for a long time to come.

[B][I]L

You couldnt make that up.

Just reading back on your previous posts to try and decipher the source of your bitterness and envy. Other than your obvious amor for the Tallaght Hoops I couldn1t detect anything else given that Waterford are so removed from any notion of rivalry with us. Anyway if we are in the First Division next year we can meet up and you can pour your heart out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    The last few years????
    How do you think Rovers won their four-in row? They poached the best players by paying them money that was unsustainable and which ultimately resulted in Kilcoyne cashing in the assett to cover his loss .

Dundalks great team of Mc Conville, Keely, Dainty, King? Built and sustained on the basis of prudent financial management? was it f....k.

Shels overspent but with an added vindictive element of trying to put other clubs out of business, particularly us and Pats.

Derry City, Begging bowl cycle , nuff said`

Cork Celtic, signing George Best on the equivalent in todays money of 15 k a match. City, perennial overspenders due to non payment of taxes (thats alright according to the FAI, they aren`t in breach of the 65%)

Waterford, Flying Bobby Charlton in to play matches ffs. Didn`t work, Bohs beat them 2-0 in Dalymount.

I could add many many more, there nothing new in football, we are all doomed to repeat the same mistakes. the trap is ambitiously or recklessy over-reaching for success. I would reckion that every club at some point,(other than UCD, the High Priests of Fiscal Rectitude)) has done that.
    QFT. It's good to have some historical context as an antidote to cant and hypocrisy.

And we're still waiting for the Colm McCarthy School of Football Management to post their own accounts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    So technically if Bohs win the league but go over the wage cap is the second placed team in the league awarded the title? Is this covered in the FAI Rules?
    Aon, dó, trí, bhí mé i mo luí, thit mé den leaba, he! he! he!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufil View Post
    So technically if Bohs win the league but go over the wage cap is the second placed team in the league awarded the title? Is this covered in the FAI Rules?
    Well it depends on the sanctions imposed on Bohs

My guess would be that they'd keep it
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

FORMERLY: City till I Die Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Shels kept it in 2006 so i'd imagine it would be the same

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Agree that his post can't be taken seriously.

The problem is that BSG posts seem to reflect the general attitude within the club based on the actions (and inactions) of the board (and by extension the members).
    why is that a problem and how does it justify the attacks on his post when its clearly ripping the ****? That was my point. The very fact that we officially now have a problem is more reflective in my view that the general attitude within the club has changed.

Are all the current board members absolved from responsibility in your view?
    the new ones, yes. See above.

Are all the club members absolved from responsibility?
    No. I never said that.

Has Gerry Conway not been a pivital figure on all recent boards?
    Yes, See above.

It goes against the grain to wish for a LOI team to lose in Europe, but I certainly do. Progress in Europe and retaining the league title leaves open the possibility that Bohs recklessness and financial incompentence could be claimed as justified......avoiding the sanctions that are thoroughly deserved (even necessary!), and leading to further financial russian roulette. Enough is enough!
    Fair enough. You would like to see us lose in Europe and kicked out of the league. Thats what it boils down to no matter what spin you put on it. Its pathetic. For further perspective, see Dalymountrowers excellent post.

Should the inevitable come to pass.....there will be no joy in me, just a small rekindling of hope that clubs mighht take a more pragmatic approach to responsible management.
    Dream on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baddebt View Post
    Yeah I usually support LOI teams in europe , but the manner in which bohs go about a match is a joke.
    There plan last night was to get Michael daly sent off , right from the first whistle they where at him.niggling, pushing him ( and all that comes from the scumbag manager of theirs) they will get beaten on tuesday night by Salzburg (10-0 i hope)..............I couldn't see the challenge for the red card , according to RTE is that it was Harsh...............that tells its own story
    yep, Nutsy sent the team out to focus on specifically getting Michael Daly sent off within 15minutes. Busted. Youre a genius.

The fact the Seanie said that his team wouldnt be bullied by Bohs next time we came to Dundalk had nothing to do with getting your players riled up to the degree that one idiot gets himself sent off, of course.

Pathetic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    The very fact that we officially now have a problem is more reflective in my view that the general attitude within the club has changed.
    The elephant was been in the room for a long time. The fact that the club have belatedly acknowledged the obvious hardly constitutes a change in attitude.

There is still no evidence of an action plan, other then close the eyes and hope for the best!

You would like to see us lose in Europe and kicked out of the league. Thats what it boils down to no matter what spin you put on it. Its pathetic. For further perspective, see Dalymountrowers excellent post.
    No spin needed-
    Out of the league - no; Out of the premier - yes
    ..... as per the sanctions that the FAI have clearly stated.

If Bohs break the 65% rule and get away with it this year, expect more of the same in the future (from Bohs and others). Dalymountrowers post is interesting if a little mistaken, and is basicallly making the point that financial imprudence has been gone on in LOI for years - more the reason why this madness must stop before the already fragile league totally implodes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    If Bohs break the 65% rule and get away with it this year, expect more of the same in the future (from Bohs and others).
    If we do, we won't get away with it. No one expects that.

Dalymountrowers post is interesting if a little mistaken, and is basicallly making the point that financial imprudence has been gone on in LOI for years - more the reason why this madness must stop before the already fragile league totally implodes
    You are fully in agreement with the majority of the new BFC board. What is generating opposition from Bohs fans here is the feeding frenzy of LoI fans, extending even to loyalty to Red Bull Salzburg, and the ignorance and lack of self-awareness displayed.

Bohs have been around for close on 120 years, representing north Dublin in association football. We may be in the First Div. next season, but we are not about to disappear and fulfil the fantasies of a college team and some bitter fans of clubs who will never know what it is to be champions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Well it depends on the sanctions imposed on Bohs

My guess would be that they'd keep it
    Not according to the Indo article in the first post.

The only FAI word I've seen on it is that they'll be relegated - nothing specifically on whether they'd keep the trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by City till I Die View Post
    Shels kept it in 2006 so i'd imagine it would be the same
    Shels didn't break the 65% rule. It wasn't in yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by baddebt View Post
    to get more people interested in the league , we need to see good football........................bohs get all the TV coverage , but there brand of football will not attract any new fans ..................it will infact turn current fans away from the league.
    Neither will any other teams' football. Fact is that no teams in the league play "good football" so your argument is a joke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    Not according to the Indo article in the first post.
    See thats why I think they'd keep it
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    See thats why I think they'd keep it
    I was going to make a comment along those lines, but I'm going to assume that they're incompetent rather than wilfully publishing falsehoods, so it's kind of up in the air.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    If Bohs (or anyone else) were relegated by FAI sanction, is there a defined protocol for how they are replaced in the Premier Division - is it that the loser of the promotion / relegation play off series gets the spot?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    why the hell are so many of you taking what BSG has posted as serious?? He has always posted funny, sarcastic, tongue in cheek posts here on a whole host of topics.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast