Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Win or Bust for Bohs

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Hold on here- didn't Dundalk move from being a co-op to being a privately owned club because they made a total and utter balls of it? Or did I miss something?

They're lecturing Bohs and getting all self-righteous why now?

Not that I have any real sympathy for Bohs- you reap what you sow.
    I suppose you don't see any irony or hypocrisy in that you make a weak attempt to have have a dig at Dundalk FC, while at the same time chide others for commenting on the current and on-going farce at Bohemian FC.

Like many other posts here that berate the posters, your post falls into the ludicrous notion that the poster and the club they support are one and the same entity. If Tom Coughlan has acted negligently at Cork City, this does not invalidate any opinion that Cork City supporters have of matters across the league. Similarly any poor financial management by the board at Finn Harps need not restrain you from posting your comments!

Although by your criteria, your recent bizarre and random post in the "If Drogs beat Dundalk" thread would certainly qualify as hypocritical (although I would be happy to clarify things for you, if you open an appropriate thread on it!)

25/07/2009, 1:26 AM

Mr A:

Dundalk. Totally the best run club in the country. In your face.

IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!

Last edited by Ezeikial; 25/07/2009 at 4:03 PM.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    I'm not chiding anybody for having a go at Bohs I've done plenty myself and indeed have commented on madness at most clubs many times over, my own included. There does however seem to be a particular fascination with Bohs by the Dundalk contingent on here, and it seems a little much to berate their members decisions when Dundalk's weren't much better. If you're going to dish it out to other clubs you need to expect to be reminded that things haven't always been exemplary in your neck of the woods either.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    I'm not chiding anybody for having a go at Bohs I've done plenty myself and indeed have commented on madness at most clubs many times over, my own included. There does however seem to be a particular fascination with Bohs by the Dundalk contingent on here, and it seems a little much to berate their members decisions when Dundalk's weren't much better. If you're going to dish it out to other clubs you need to expect to be reminded that things haven't always been exemplary in your neck of the woods either.
    I appreciate your clarification that you don't "lecture" or indulge in "self-righteousness"; although it sure seems to me that you adopt double standards when it suits you!

Somehow, you appear to say that it's okay for you to comment on other clubs' madness - but presumable not okay if several other Finn Harps supporters did likewise as this would then be a Finn Harps "contingent"!

If the situation at Bohemians only impacted on that club alone, I would be much less vociferous in my comments about the mind-numbing stupidity that has occured there (perhaps still occuring by way of absense of remedial action). Surely I don't need to spell out for you the affects and ramifications on the financial solvency of other clubs by the recent delusionary strategies of Bohs, Drogheda, Cork and Shelbourne.

You need look no further then within Finn Harps to see the impacts of a club feeling complelled to overstretch financially just to try and stay within the reach of the coat tails of the megalomaniac over-spenders.

The arrogance and self delusion of many supporters - in particular of Shelbourne and Bohemians - is a seperate but related issue. In the case of Bohs the fact that it is a members club makes this highly relevent, in that it is difficult to identify whether this delusion is more a symptom or cause of the current malaise.

The league will continue to lurch from one financial crises to the next while this crazy and unsustainable "win or bust" gambling ethic exists.

ps - while the difficulties endured by Dundalk in the past pale into insignificance compared to the above - you are perfectable entitled to point them out. Thankfully, with current owner Gerry Mathews, and his board, the club is being run in a very intelligent financial manner.
    Last edited by Ezeikial; 25/07/2009 at 5:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ez, I'm sitting here trying to fathom your motivation for spending such a remarkable amount of time and energy discussing BFC. (I suppose that on one level the club should be flattered.)

I can only conclude that you are planning to take the credit when changes already in motion take effect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohDiddley View Post
    Ez, I'm sitting here trying to fathom your motivation for spending such a remarkable amount of time and energy discussing BFC. (I suppose that on one level the club should be flattered.)

I can only conclude that you are planning to take the credit when changes already in motion take effect.

Doubt it Boh, that would require "D Town" fans to acknowledge that Bohs did something right {however far in the future) and that is just way way beyond them Nice for them though after seven long years to be able to rub shoulders with the top clubs (and pretend they are one)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    [/B]
    Doubt it Boh, that would require "D Town" fans to acknowledge that Bohs did something right {however far in the future) and that is just way way beyond them Nice for them though after seven long years to be able to rub shoulders with the top clubs (and pretend they are one)
    Were you feeling unloved from a lack of attention when you revived this thread?

Personally, I would be pleased to acknowledge any real action from Bohs board in rectifying the mess that they have created, particularly as regards the 65% protocol.

They certainly appear to have spurned all opportunities to reduce the wage bill to date. Is there any short term plan to get within the 65% limit other then the Liverpool friendly?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    [/B]Nice for them though after seven long years to be able to rub shoulders with the top clubs (and pretend they are one)
    Are Dundalk not one of the most successfull clubs in LOI History?
    Are Dundalks attendances that much lower than your own?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Real Rover View Post
    Are Dundalk not one of the most successfull clubs in LOI History?
    Are Dundalks attendances that much lower than your own?
    Watch out everyone, Da Real Rover is pulling his fly down!!!!
    I got no lips I got no bones where there
    were eyes there's only space

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314