Thread: Win or Bust for Bohs

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofstan View Post
    There is more rejoicing in heaven......

The rest of the league might be more willing to congratulate you for your genuine and praiseworthy rebuild of your club if y'all weren't so quick to get in there first. And you do seem rather to forget that you lot were as guilty as any one else and for longer of the things you're happy to accuse us of until you were forced to do the right thing.
    We are guilty of nothing under fans ownership it was privateers who screwed us you screwed yourselves there is a big difference.How many Bohs fans are talking about swollowing the bitter pill going part time and rebuilding your club on a realistic financial footing?Too many sonofstans and marinobohs is your main problem.
    Last edited by RoversHead; 23/07/2009 at 12:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoversHead View Post
    We are guilty of nothing under fans ownership it was privateers who screwed us you screwed yourselves there is a big difference.How many Bohs fans are talking about swollowing the bitter pill going part time and rebuilding your club on a realistic financial footing?Too many sonofstans and marinobohs is your main problem.
    What a load of ********. Rovers fans take the same attitude to every club in financial difficulty; no matter who's in charge. You took the same holier-than-thou stance with respect to our financial problems, even though we're owned by a business person and not a members' club. Talking out yer arseholes. Your hand was forced, simple as.

The amount of shi*e the rest of us have to put up with from you lot is unreal.
    Last edited by adamd164; 23/07/2009 at 1:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hoops1 View Post
    Do you think its only 500-600 k?
    Never said that, I recognise that we'll probably miss the 65% threshold. The headline however is pure sensationalism, Bohs' loss today and possible subsequent relegation doesn't mean we'll go bust. The short term future of the club is in a bad state but the long term future seems relatively secure (with Dalymount as a salable asset in the future).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgrace View Post
    Brian Murphy probably put himself in the shop window tonight and Bohs will sell. That, plus the revenue from tonight and future winnings and gates (friendly with Liverpool etc) I think they'll be safe. They will lose players, and maybe a manager over the next 10 months, but their place in the premier league? No way.. and let's not forget, they'll also have a chance at Champions Lg once again this time next year..
    Murphy was the best player in the league last season and no one came in for him when he was on a free after the Cup for a few weeks so cant see a scramble for him now, especially as he hasnt been as good this year.

bhs

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Taken from the "DeGypoweb"

Rovers Chairmans Curse
    On Tuesday I heard Rovers chairman on Today FM with Matt Cooper (cant remember the ****ers name, it doesnt matter anyway).
    Matt was going on about the great performance against a Real Madrid side having a light training session ...blah blah etc.
    He then asked the Rovers chairman about the match against Bohs on Sunday and he asked if the rovers chairman would wish Bohs well in their champions league game.
    His answer was "well theres a lot a great players in this league"
    "Yes but do you wish Bohs well tomorrow night"
    "Well, I hope they do the same as we did"
    I remember saying to my mate "did you hear that, he wants us to loose to a goal in the 86th minute, the *******"
    The rest is history

This guy should be writing comedy.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,268 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by niallsparky View Post
    The short term future of the club is in a bad state but the long term future seems relatively secure (with Dalymount as a salable asset in the future).
    How saleable is Dalymount now that there's no access to it though? Lack of cash flow kills companies, not lack of assets. You can't make loan repayments with ten rows of seats from the Jodi Stand.

I genuinely think Bohs fans still don't realise how much trouble the club's in.
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 23/07/2009 at 8:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post

Rovers Chairmans Curse
    On Tuesday I heard Rovers chairman on Today FM with Matt Cooper (cant remember the ****ers name, it doesnt matter anyway).
    Matt was going on about the great performance against a Real Madrid side having a light training session ...blah blah etc.
    He then asked the Rovers chairman about the match against Bohs on Sunday and he asked if the rovers chairman would wish Bohs well in their champions league game.
    I remember saying to my mate "did you hear that, he wants us to loose to a goal in the 86th minute, the *******"
    The rest is history

Or a medium

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    How saleable is Dalymount now that there's no access to it though? Lack of cash flow kills companies, not lack of assets. You can't make loan repayments with ten rows of seats from the Jodi Stand.
    And even if they can liquidate the asset, why are fans always so blasé about ****ing away their stadium on current expenditure? If they'd sold Dalymount, built a new ground in a decent location and used the extra cash, fine, but instead they seem to be looking to wind up as homeless as Shams were.

It's like a gambler insisting that his debts don't matter because he can sell his house to pay them off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post

Rovers Chairmans Curse
    The rest is history

And if I recall correctly, he said straight out he hoped Bohs won
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    Regardless of who you support, a win tonight for them would have rewarded a policy of outrageous cheating and blatant financial recklessness, which was allowed to continue no matter how many times they were warned about it. Not to mention how it affected other clubs ability to compete in our league.

We, on the other hand, took our medicine, and built our club up from the other division. And if we are in Europe next year, it will be the result of hard work, not monopoly money.
    No. if the hooped scum are in europe next year it will be as a result of cheating people you owed money to, sponging off the tax payer and previous board submitting false accounts and misusing public funds (still not paid back).

no doubt every kid in Tallaght will dream of acting as a purple coloured traffic cone for a big team pre season kick about

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    Regardless of who you support, a win tonight for them would have rewarded a policy of outrageous cheating and blatant financial recklessness, which was allowed to continue no matter how many times they were warned about it. Not to mention how it affected other clubs ability to compete in our league.

We, on the other hand, took our medicine, and built our club up from the other division. And if we are in Europe next year, it will be the result of hard work, not monopoly money.
    Did the Rovers board not ask their members to pay/take out a 5 year membership so they could get money which they really needed?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Bohs remain hot favourites to win the league, and the €280,000 prize money that goes with it, and have in Gary Deegan and Brian Murphy players who could potentially attract €150,000 plus in UK transfers.

Add in a possible cup run, wage trimming through free transfers, and other fund raising possibilities, surely it is not impossible to pull in well in excess of €500,000 - €600,000 that was never guaranteed?
    It might not have been guaranteed but it was probably budgeted for at the start of the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Re Rovers Chairmans Curse

Boo hoo, so what! Would the Barca Chairman wish Real well? Would Rangers wish Celtic well before the game?

The clubs in the league are in competition with eachother for players, sponsorship, fans, points etc.

This result will hopefully mean the end of the celtic tiger / property backed unsustainable football era.

Hopefully a new more successfull era of sustainable football will emerge.

Bohs and Irish football in general will in the medium term be the better of that 87th minute goal last night in my oponion!

bhs

ps. regarding a transfer fee for Deegan, he is out of contract this month!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Re Rovers Chairmans Curse

Boo hoo, so what! Would the Barca Chairman wish Real well? Would Rangers wish Celtic well before the game?

The clubs in the league are in competition with eachother for players, sponsorship, fans, points etc.

This result will hopefully mean the end of the celtic tiger / property backed unsustainable football era.

Hopefully a new more successfull era of sustainable football will emerge.

Bohs and Irish football in general will in the medium term be the better of that 87th minute goal last night in my oponion!

bhs

I know he was bought this time last year, but surely he should've got a one and a half year contract to see out this season with Bohs rather than be released in the middle of the season.
    I'm a 23yr old right-handed heterosexual who drinks milk and likes democracy. - dcfcsteve knows me well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    I`ve no great love for Bohs, but I was really hoping they would have got through last night, I dont understand why so many on here are rejoicing at their failure.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers Maniac View Post
    In all fairness considering how close you were to going out of business in Waterford only last year, should you be really be laughing at Bohs?
    We did encounter cash flow problems so in order to stay within the 65% rule we cut our cloth to fit our measure and paid off the creditors. What did Bohs do when they encountered their own financial problems?

They continued to trade recklessly and spend money that they didnt have. Cheating and incompetence should not be rewarded and last night's defeat hopefully will make the mandarins up in D7 finally see sense that the game is up. Unfortunatly judging from the comments here and on Gypoweb, many Bozos continue to live in la la land and stick their collective heads in the sand.

WUFC could have gone on to trade irresponsibly and staked everything on promotion but we didnt want to end up as another Cobh.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    If he is and a move to England doesn't materialise he'd be an ideal signing for Rovers, put him alongside Rice and they'd be very hard to beat. That really would be devestating for the Bohs fans.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I`ve no great love for Bohs, but I was really hoping they would have got through last night, I dont understand why so many on here are rejoicing at their failure.
    There are reasons to be hopeful, if not quite rejoice, at the inevitable collapse of Bohemians delusional gambling.

The megalomania that fuelled Bohs irrational and irresponsible spending - which has previously been exhibited by successive league winners Cork, Shelbourne and Drogheda - is fundamentally destructive for the league.

The 65% wage protocol was introduced because of necessity - I suspect that the sanctions likely to follow for Bohemians should have a far greater stabilising influence on clubs generally, then the unlikely success of a crazy financial gamble.

Dysfunctional gamblers rarely know when to stop of their own accord.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Hopefully Bohs dont go bust, well not before Sunday anyway.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkglasses View Post
    Does any self-respecting LOI fan ever drink Red Bull again? DG says no...

Lets try to make sure Red Bull's marketing costs them more sales than it bought? Seems like as cruel justice as it was that Bohs lost tonight, regardless of the wisdom/foolishness of their financial moves.
    WTF ?!?

Are you suggesting that LOI fans shouldn't drink Red Bull because a team they own/sponsor had the cheek to beat an Irish squad ?

I just pray for you that none of our sides have to line out competitively against FC Lesbos....

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast