Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Week 19 Game Previews

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

Week 19 Game Previews

Views / previews ahead of this weekends matches?

Premier Division
    Bray Wanderers V Shamrock Rovers
    Derry City V Drogheda United
    Dundalk V Bohemians
    St. Patrick's Ath V Galway United
    Sligo Rovers V Cork City

First Division
    Limerick 37 V Wexford Youths
    Mervue United V Kildare County
    Sporting Fingal V Monaghan United
    U.C.D. V Shelbourne
    Athlone Town V Longford Town
    Waterford Utd V Finn Harps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

Connor talks up new found Physicality ahead of Bohs game

Interesting article in Derry Journal, where Connor talks about Dundalks physical edge against Derry last Friday. It might be that we are in for an lively evening in the televised game at Oriel Park on Friday night when Michael Collins meets Paul Keegan!

After the last match in Dalymount (and in particular Keegans two "questionable" tackles), Connor stated that "the next time we meet Bohemians we won't be bullied"

http://www.derryjournal.com/derry-sp...o34.5433186.jp

"Two down, one to go!"- Connor
    Published Date: 07 July 2009

DUNDALK boss, Sean Connor (right), who has now led his side to victories over Cork City and Derry City, will prepare for the visit of Bohemians to Oriel Park this Friday night and his target is to defeat the top three in the Premier Division table.
    However, following Friday night’s victory over the “Candy Stripes,” Connor felt his side were “fully deserving” of their 1-0 win.

Commenting after the game, Connor felt his side’s physical presence played no small part in his side’s dominance of the game.

“I'd have to admit that I felt we won handily enough,” said the Belfast man. “I realise that Derry were minus quite a few players, but we were physically stronger than them and that makes a change as far as I was concerned,” he added.

“I felt Michael Collins gave us that springboard to attack at regular intervals and Chris Turner charged forward at will giving their defence plenty to think about. I also believed we also caused them problems with our height with Michael Daly, Darren Mansaram and Alex Williams always favourites to win the aerial challenges.

“I’ve always had a great respect for Derry City despite having been on the receiving end while managing both Sligo and Bohemians. On those occasions the teams I managed had been physically weaker but in this game we were clearly the stronger. I felt we could and should have scored another goal which would have dismissed any worries over the final 10 minutes, but we defended so well,” continued Connor.

“Naturally I’m delighted as we’ve managed to keep our run going from the break. We had been playing good football without actually getting the results, but we’re not going to get carried away. We’re on top of our own private league at the moment and as a newly promoted team, survival is the priority.

“However, we believe we are good enough to occupy a place in the top four and anything above a top six finish will be a bonus. Personally, I feel we could battle our way into the top four and we’ll continue to push for that.

“We now entertain Bohemians next weekend and if we can win that we will have taken nine points from the top three teams in the league and that would give us great confidence,” he concluded

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

Dundalk V Bohs Previews

http://dundalkfc.com/news/090709_Bohs.asp
    Sean Connor and Joe Miller today put the Dundalk team through their final preparations for their encounter with league champions Bohemians at Oriel Park tomorrow.

Sean Connor comments:
    The first goal will be very, very important. We know how difficult Bohemians will be to break down, but we feel if we can get in front, it will certainly give us something to hold on to and to keep this run going. I think it’s very, very important that we don’t get beaten tonight. I think it’s important that we continue this vein of form. The last couple of home games have been good for the crowd, the crowd have been good for us, they have been totally supportive behind the team and they are going to be needed tonight. I think what is exciting tonight is that the game is live on television, so hopefully both sets of players on show will give a good advertisement for League of Ireland football. There’s a lot of people that try to detract from the quality of play, but there’s no doubt in my mind that this league has got better year on year over the last lot of years. There’s some very, very good quality players - we’ve lost a lot of players - but there’s still some good, quality players on show.

Team News
    Dundalk FC have no suspensions for this match. The only slight injury concern is with Michael Daly who suffered a head injury earlier this week in training but he should be available for selection. Dundalk FC hope to have new signing Peter Cherrie in the squad if his international clearance is received on time.

Kick-Off Time Change
    Supporters are asked to note that, due to live TV coverage, the match has been moved to an 8pm kick-off.
    http://www.bohemians.ie/match/12-mat...s-preview.html

Bohemians return to Oriel Park this weekend as they begin their 3rd series in the League of Ireland Premier Division, having come away with a 1-0 victory in the opening fixture of the season.

Bohs have collected six points from six against Dundalk already this season. They defeated Dundalk 1-0 away along with a 5-0 demolition in Dalymount Park.

Bohs will be without the suspended Gary Deegan. Glen Cronin, Jason McGuinness, Anto Murphy and Sean Byrne are all ruled out through injuries.

Last weekend, Bohs recorded a 3-1 win away to Bray Wanderers. After falling behind to early first half goal, Gary Deegan levelled the score before half time. Jason Byrne and Killian Brennan scored in the second half to leave Bohs four points clear at the top of the table.
    Bohs currently have the second best away record in the Premier Division. Having played 9 away games, Bohs have collected 16 points. Bohs have won five, drawn one and lost three away from home so far. Bohs have beaten Dundalk, Drogheda, Galway, Cork and Bray Wanderers.
    Dundalk have played nine matches at home this season. They have won four, beating Drogheda, Galway, Bray, Derry while they have also lost five.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Nice thread you have here!
    "If you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime,"
    “Crikey, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea,"

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts