Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Little things in league

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    You really must have remarkable tongue muscles to serve as supplicant accolyte in chief to both Tallaght Hoops and Derry?
    Don't bite Dalymountrower. Its well known that Fin harps and derry city are one and the same (I think Finn Harps is some form of local gaelic for Derry City)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Luxury benches are not basics. The clue is in the name
    suppose they would look a bit outa place in the "stadium of light" alright.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    You really must have remarkable tongue muscles to serve as supplicant accolyte in chief to both Tallaght Hoops and Derry?
    Riiiiiiiiight...... because making a joke about Fenlon being tiny is an obvious attempt to curry favour with Derry City and Shamrock Rovers.

Makes perfect sense.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    hey - this is my thread and i make the jokes around here... fenlon isnt that tiny anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Riiiiiiiiight...... because making a joke about Fenlon being tiny is an obvious attempt to curry favour with Derry City and Shamrock Rovers.

Makes perfect sense.
    Finally you get it...
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Aren't Lucozade (or one of the new sponsors) supposed to be providing new dugouts for all teams?
    "If you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime,"
    “Crikey, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea,"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post

Makes perfect sense.
    Harps have been sleeping with Rovers for years. And you only hate Derry cos you know you cant have them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Have to say i kinda agree wit what Duggie saying (except the bit about expensive dug outs). Things like tidying up the advertising hoardings into a nice level line and paint the walls up it can look better than looking at bits of half White Washed walls here and there, it just looks that bit more professional, and if the club had to get a local builder in to do it then give him a free sign instead of cash. Also some sort of timer on the wall to time games, as i always forget to time 2nd half, would be very handy and could probably be done on the cheap with someone sponsoring it, again i think little things like these look or at give the illusion that its more profesional

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
    Have to say i kinda agree wit what Duggie saying (except the bit about expensive dug outs). Things like tidying up the advertising hoardings into a nice level line and paint the walls up it can look better than looking at bits of half White Washed walls here and there, it just looks that bit more professional, and if the club had to get a local builder in to do it then give him a free sign instead of cash. Also some sort of timer on the wall to time games, as i always forget to time 2nd half, would be very handy and could probably be done on the cheap with someone sponsoring it, again i think little things like these look or at give the illusion that its more profesional
    Longford Town is one of the few clubs to have a scoreboard, with a timer.

Duggie makes a point... sort of. The FAI want stupid things like a child welfare officer and other shiit like that. i'm not saying that its not important, but what i'm saying is that the priorities are all over the place. clubs don't have a pot to piiss in, but still they're yakking on about that shiit. They should be concentrating on getting the stuff in the public eye in order to get more supporters out to the matches to get money into the clubs so that the whole game improves.
    Sporting F*ck All!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Don't bite Dalymountrower. Its well known that Fin harps and derry city are one and the same (I think Finn Harps is some form of local gaelic for Derry City)
    You can say that again, and again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by SkStu
    Harps have been sleeping with Rovers for years. And you only hate Derry cos you know you cant have them.
    Why do you build me up, buttercup, just to let me down and mess me around again?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T.F.C. View Post
    Duggie makes a point... sort of. The FAI want stupid things like a child welfare officer and other shiit like that. i'm not saying that its not important, but what i'm saying is that the priorities are all over the place. clubs don't have a pot to piiss in, but still they're yakking on about that shiit. They should be concentrating on getting the stuff in the public eye in order to get more supporters out to the matches to get money into the clubs so that the whole game improves.
    Its hilarious that you think a child welfare officer is less a priority than a lick of paint
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    seriously are you a catholic priest or Sean Connor ?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post

probably the sensible answer.its kinda like where the camera is at united park showing the stand and away section which is fine if weve a big club,or bohs,in town but not fine if were playing say galway on a wednesday and they bring less than the numbers on their bench in support.makes it look like theres very few there when switching the camera would show the majority of the home crowd plus the banners/flags of the ultras

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stamullendrog View Post
    probably the sensible answer.its kinda like where the camera is at united park showing the stand and away section which is fine if weve a big club,or bohs,in town but not fine if were playing say galway on a wednesday and they bring less than the numbers on their bench in support.makes it look like theres very few there when switching the camera would show the majority of the home crowd plus the banners/flags of the ultras
    Presuming the away club is allowed tickets (especially if picking up the League title ). Would also help maintain grounds if clubs that use them pay for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Presuming the away club is allowed tickets (especially if picking up the League title ). Would also help maintain grounds if clubs that use them pay for them.

now now keep that up and we wont use dalymount next time were in europe..............................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stamullendrog View Post
    now now keep that up and we wont use dalymount next time were in europe..............................
    Will we get paid for it this time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fionnsci View Post
    Aren't Lucozade (or one of the new sponsors) supposed to be providing new dugouts for all teams?
    http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=c...k=view&id=3803
    Code:
    The Football Association of Ireland today (November 17 2008) announced that it has signed a new six year commercial partnership agreement with Lucozade Sport, official sports drink sponsor to the FAI and eircom League of Ireland

The agreement starts in 2009 and will significantly increase Lucozade Sport’s sponsorship commitment to Irish football. The agreement will also include supply of product to elite footballers on all national senior and underage teams as well as League of Ireland clubs.

The FAI’s agreement with Lucozade Sport will provide additional benefits to the League of Ireland thanks to a commitment to buy advertising boards at all club grounds and make a significant capital contribution to all Premier Division clubs by providing new dugouts over the duration of the contract.
    No calm down and be patient

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Duggie makes a point... sort of. The FAI want stupid things like a child welfare officer and other shiit like that.
    ...but apart from the child protection officers, and other shiit like that, what have the FAI ever done for us?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Longford Town is one of the few clubs to have a scoreboard, with a timer.
    Along with Harps, but someone who's Saturdays are their own rather than constant overtime will have to confirm if we've fixed it...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast