Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohs to go part-time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Just a contest about facilities (isnt that what thread was about ?) Dalymount V stadium of Light ? or is it only OK for you to comment on Dalymount ?
    So you think a thread entitled "Bohs to go part time" is about facilities?

Regardless, if you're happy with the current state of your finances, ground and the direction your team and club is heading, then who am I to point out the error in your ways.

As for Pats accounts; they're in a hell of a lot better shape than they were a year ago. I'm not comfortable yet, but then I'm not here trying to defend the club's action over the last number of years either
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Regardless, if you're happy with the current state of your finances, ground and the direction your team and club is heading, then who am I to point out the error in your ways.

As for Pats accounts; they're in a hell of a lot better shape than they were a year ago. I'm not comfortable yet, but then I'm not here trying to defend the club's action over the last number of years either
    far from happy with Bohs financial position as I have said ad nauseam (but hey, don't let the facts stop you).
    Obviously easier for you to smirk at bohs financial position than address Pats. Has failure ever cost so much ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Has failure ever cost so much ?
    Plenty of clubs have died failing
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Plenty of clubs have died failing
    but at least they enjoyed winning before hand !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Unlike Bohs then who win a double and still can't stop moaning...

---

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Unlike Bohs then who win a double and still can't stop moaning...

If more Bohs fans/members had done sufficient "moaning" within the club over the last few years, perhaps they wouldn't be in the financial mess that they currently face.

Am I alone in the thought that Bohemian F.C. and their supporters have not yet fully accepted that First Division football is a real possibility next season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    So...........

are Bohs going part-time or not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Am I alone in the thought that Bohemian F.C. and their supporters have not yet fully accepted that First Division football is a real possibility next season?
    Well, Cork and Drogs didn't go down last year so maybe they're thinking that the FAI will help them out in some way.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post
    So...........

are Bohs going part-time or not?
    Unconfirmed but plausible rumour.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    The only concrete news so far is that Bohs are recalling a few players from loan.. so that would actually increase their outgoings!
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    The only concrete news so far is that Bohs are recalling a few players from loan.. so that would actually increase their outgoings!

from what I heard Brian McCarthy is heading back to them from us.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    from what I heard Brian McCarthy is heading back to them from us.
    Martinho, Fenlon stated today that Madden would be back but that they had agreed to extend McCarthy's loan with Longford.

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/fe...y-1799773.html

Wednesday July 01 2009

BOHEMIANS boss Pat Fenlon says he's in the dark over the future plans of on-loan player Graham Carey.

The Dubliner has been in impressive form since he joined Bohs on loan from Celtic at the start of the season, scoring four goals. But Carey's loan spell with Bohs ends next weekend, after Friday's league game away to Bray Wanderers, and Fenlon is uncertain if he'll have Carey on board for the rest of the season, especially for the Champions League programme, which starts next month.

"It's in Graham's hands and Celtic's hands. There's not much we can do about the situation," said Fenlon. "Celtic have offered him a new contract and he is speaking to them at the moment. But I'm not sure if he is going to sign that contract or look to move on.

"We are happy with how he has done, but it's not our call. It's up to Graham and Celtic to decide what they want to do."

Meanwhile, striker Paddy Madden has returned to Bohs after a spell on loan with Shelbourne, where the U19 cap scored eight goals, while Fenlon has allowed Brian McCarthy to extend his loan spell at Longford Town until the end of the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Great news. Brian has been excellent for Longford this season.
    Roddy Collins, the biggest <insert as appropiate> in Irish Football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Martinho, Fenlon stated today that Madden would be back but that they had agreed to extend McCarthy's loan with Longford.

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/fe...y-1799773.html

Wednesday July 01 2009

BOHEMIANS boss Pat Fenlon says he's in the dark over the future plans of on-loan player Graham Carey.

The Dubliner has been in impressive form since he joined Bohs on loan from Celtic at the start of the season, scoring four goals. But Carey's loan spell with Bohs ends next weekend, after Friday's league game away to Bray Wanderers, and Fenlon is uncertain if he'll have Carey on board for the rest of the season, especially for the Champions League programme, which starts next month.

"It's in Graham's hands and Celtic's hands. There's not much we can do about the situation," said Fenlon. "Celtic have offered him a new contract and he is speaking to them at the moment. But I'm not sure if he is going to sign that contract or look to move on.

"We are happy with how he has done, but it's not our call. It's up to Graham and Celtic to decide what they want to do."

Meanwhile, striker Paddy Madden has returned to Bohs after a spell on loan with Shelbourne, where the U19 cap scored eight goals, while Fenlon has allowed Brian McCarthy to extend his loan spell at Longford Town until the end of the season.
    Makes sense, given their finances, to let Carey leave and sign Madden on lesser wages. His loan is up so it's probably the easiest thing to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    If more Bohs fans/members had done sufficient "moaning" within the club over the last few years, perhaps they wouldn't be in the financial mess that they currently face.

damned if you moan damned if you do'nt gotta love the consistency ! unfortunately most Bohs members ARE aware of the rules and the implications if we break them (cant /wont speak for Bohs board). To be honest given the current state of flux in the League I have no idea what will happen at the end of the season, SETANTA Cup, Europe, transfers etc all could change the picture. Suffice to say nobody I know at the club is happy at where we are and can only hope we are still in Prem next season (a bit like Dundalk).

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

Fenlon's full-time pledge for Bohs fans

Irish Indo article today

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...s-1896455.html

By Neil Ahern
    Friday September 25 2009

PAT Fenlon has insisted that his Bohemians side will retain a full-time professional set-up next season, despite the fact that the club is currently operating over the 65pc salary cap and has debts of more than €4.4m.
    The Gypsies' boss also expressed confidence that he can hold on to the nucleus of his current squad, which is this season operating under a projected budget of roughly €1.6m.
    Concerns had been raised at a Bohemians members' meeting in July that the club would almost certainly have to return to part-time football next season, after they were told by Finance Director Chris Brien that they had accumulated debts of over €4.4m.
    Indeed, a significant fundraising push has taken place at the Dalymount Park club in recent months in order to help keep the club from breaking the FAI's Salary Cost Protocol, which would result in relegation and the relinquishing of any trophies.
    Fenlon allayed fears yesterday when he was asked if he knew how much money he will be able to spend for the 2010 season.
    "The budget is between me and the club to be honest and I'm not going to discuss it, but I do know what the budget is.
    "As far as I'm concerned, in the current climate, it's a decent enough budget to work with, so I just have to get on with it."
    The 40-year-old then confirmed that the club will be working on a full-time professional basis and said he hoped to hold on to many of the players whose contracts expire at the end of this season.
    "We'll do our best to hold on to them all -- the ones that I want to hold on to. It's like most seasons, you want to hold on to players, but you lose some that you want and that's just the way that it works.
    "We want to try and hold on to them all, we've got a decent squad there and we need to strengthen it in certain areas.
    "About five or six (of the current squad) I think are contracted at the moment," he continued.
    Bohemians General Secretary Gerry Conway also confirmed the 2008 double-winners are to remain full-time and dismissed suggestions of any immediate fears over either the Salary Cost Protocol or the club's debts.
    explained
    "We have explained to the FAI our plans to be under the 65pc by November 30, which is when it counts, and I believe they are fully satisfied with our plans.
    "We do have longer-term financial issues, but we have plans in place to repay them, which we will explain to the members at our next information meeting.
    "We're satisfied as a board that we have budgeted prudently so as to sustain full-time football and give Pat a budget, which, while he may not be 100pc happy with it, is one that can help him challenge for honours next season."
    - Neil Ahern

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    How we are coming up with the money I have no idea

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Are Bohs going part time?They have no choice simple as.Home gates less than 1500 and lower sometimes ,large outstanding debt to be serviced and likely court costs against them following upcoming appeal.With no more developers to sell bits of dalymount too on the never never they cant afford full time football .

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steodonn View Post
    How we are coming up with the money I have no idea
    If they outlive danninger by 6 or so months then that debt is gone.

So only debt would be to the banks, which in the current NAMA climate will not go chasing it.
    5-0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoversHead View Post
    Are Bohs going part time?They have no choice simple as.Home gates less than 1500 and lower sometimes .
    PREMIER DIVISION
    Bohs - 2,511 (2008 - 1,993; 2007 - 1,924; 2006 - 1,463; 2005 - 1,976; 2004 - 2,340) (missing Derry 2, Dundalk 2, Galway and Pat's)
    Bray - 1,235 (1,106; 1,200; 1,027; 1,550; 818 FD)
    Cork - 2,977 (3,142; 2,897; 2,941; 3,644; 4,033)
    Derry - 2,520 (3,363; 2,614; 3,229; 2,698; 1,672)
    Drogheda - 1,121 (1,631; 1,919; 1,751; 1,682; 1,554) (missing Cork 2 and Derry 2)
    Dundalk - 2,456 (1,459 FD; 1,406 FD; 1,078 FD; 474 FD; 591 FD)
    Galway - 1,029 (1,393; 2,199; 1,148 FD; 566 FD; 571 FD)
    Pat's - 1,662 (1,795; 1,910; 1,342; 1,599; 1,882) (missing Bohs 2)
    Rovers - 3,306 (1,468; 1,715; 1,089 FD; 1,539; 1,349) (missing Bray 2)
    Sligo - 1,664 (1,960; 1,448; 1,806; 1,794 FD; 781 FD)
    Still think we'll be largely part-time next year.
    A patriot is someone who knows how to hate his country properly.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast