Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mns 22/6/09

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post
    I'm surprised that Rico didn't say anything about Doolin's comments, considering his rant about teams not playing attractive football a few weeks back.

Oh, and Roddy is a plank. Saying that "Prizes aren't handed out in June" when Drogheda got off the bottom, but he was prepared to relegate them in May?
    To be fair to Roddy (cant believe i said that - he is a plank, but good for OTT statements designed to get us all talking)
    his reasoning was fair - Drogs have no quality goalscorers (I think he said 'no propper strikers'); while they will be well set-up at the back, you need to score golas to win & that's their ongoing problem. Also, getting a striker or 2 in the transfer window is FAR harder when you are at the bottom of the league.
    They have only managed 10 goals in 17 games, so he has a point.
    But Mathews' defence first approach could still see them safe (I think)
    http://trophymanager.com/?c=489688
    Trophy Manager - online football managment game - I like it - I think I'm getting obsessed with it though.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Drogs are kind of reminding me of the Longford '07 team in terms of spirit and commitment after a difficult start. Of course the fact that they have three members of that team also increases the similarities. Ultimately the six point deduction and the general disharmony it caused in the immediate aftermath meant we just went down but that year Alan Mathews managed to create a really tight bond between he and his players. As the season went on, they had almost an us against the world mentality and in my opinion that's when he's at his best. Even the difficulties at Cork brought him closer to his players by all accounts. With a couple of shrewd additions I would not be at all surprised to see them stay up.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    at least this time with matthews the doesnt have the barrier of six points deducted. I would be strongly confident that they will stay up and bray go down. I think they cant avoid the playoffs though.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123