Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Claret & Blue Club - Drogheda United FC

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Claret & Blue Club - Drogheda United FC

The website www.claretandblueclub.com <http://www.claretandblueclub.com> has just been launched. The Claret & Blue Club has been set up to give Drogheda United FC a strong financial platform. For a €5 weekly subscription, members will be entered in a monthly prize draw and receive a range of other benefits, including discounts in various local businesses, free Drogs merchandise, discounted season tickets etc. The details will be finalised in the coming days.

Members that join before July 10th will be entered in an 'early bird' draw for a sun holiday for 2 people courtesy of Thomas Cook.

Also in July, we have a prize with a difference on offer:

http://www.ekkoshish.com/Funny%20Horse%20Smile.jpg

MY LOVELY HORSE

Win a share in a racehorse for a day!

Here in the Claret & Blue Club our standards don't allow us to trot out the same tired old puns. We are committed to whipping you into a frenzy with this fantastic prize, but before we race away with ourselves, let's keep track of what's going on.

Profile of the horse:

Funatfuntasia is owned by the Claret & Blue Syndicate. He's 5 years old (but says he's nearly 6) and his favourite food is sugar lumps. He has raced 31 times, and has won 3 and been placed in 9 more. No donkey so! He has won prizemoney of €36,101 in his career - not bad for a 5 year-old.

He was a nightmare to rear in the early years and was liable to stirrup trouble from time to time. It took a fine filly to tame him. He met her one Saturday afternoon in his favourite place - you guessed it - Funtasia! He asked her out and fell at the first hurdle, but they are now in a stable relationship. At the weekends he loves horsing around and going to visit the in-laws in Canterbury. When he grows up he wants to be Kauto Star or Red Rum.

The Prize

The winner of July's monthly draw will be able to sample the thrills and spills of owning a racehorse. When Funatfuntasia races again, you could be joining the other owners in the parade ring, rubbing shoulders with the movers and shakers in Irish racing. You'll be able to turf out your work clothes and don your best silks for the day. If you're lucky you might make it into the winners enclosure, and if the worst comes to the worst, you'll be able to join the syndicate for some fine cuisine in the restaurant.

The Draw

The winner will be announced at the Bray Wanderers match on July 17th in United Park. See www.claretandblueclub.com <http://www.claretandblueclub.com> for more details.

P.S. the author of the above has been arrested for crimes against humour. Hopefilly he will live to tell the tail.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Good show
    RamblersWeb

Cricket: The most boring farcical game to ever grace the planet.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    So what?
    They always cheat, they always lie
    **** Delaney and the FAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"Bah, Humbug!"

Hairy Bowsie - Putting the dampners on LoI optimism since 1978
    DCFC

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Nonsense. Where exactly is the relevance of this to the rest of the LoI? My point is proven by the fact that other than mine there has only been 1 response to the original post to date. Yours was a post in response to my post.
    **** Delaney and the FAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy Bowsie View Post
    Nonsense. Where exactly is the relevance of this to the rest of the LoI? My point is proven by the fact that other than mine there has only been 1 response to the original post to date. Yours was a post in response to my post.
    F*cking hell I'd hate to go out for a pint with you!
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I think the relevance is to show other supporters a way to increase finance, as we all need to do, in a different way to normal. Aside from the horseracing prize we also have tickets for Ireland V Italy and betting vouchers from Boylesports. These prizes are being sponsored so if fans get off their asses it shows it can be done.
    You guys might not need any fundraising
    Hunky Dorys Park - could be worse, we could be going to Old Trafford every other week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Too f*cking right haa
    You've got no fans.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Celdrog View Post
    I think the relevance is to show other supporters a way to increase finance, as we all need to do, in a different way to normal. Aside from the horseracing prize we also have tickets for Ireland V Italy and betting vouchers from Boylesports. These prizes are being sponsored so if fans get off their asses it shows it can be done.
    You guys might not need any fundraising
    Every club in the country is trying to increase finance and all in different ways. You know this, we all do. From what i can gather the resson you felt the need to post is because your lot have been through the mire recently and although it's good you've come out the other side and are doing things like this to help stablise the club, i find it's relevance in this part of the forum to be minimal.

As i said, every week some club has another inititive and if were to be all posted here, it would be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by MeathDrog View Post
    F*cking hell I'd hate to go out for a pint with you!
    I should lighten up i know, i'm a moany ******** particularly in this part of the forum but lets be honest, there are very few positive stories about in the LoI at the moment.
    Last edited by Hairy Bowsie; 23/06/2009 at 7:05 AM.
    **** Delaney and the FAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    As i said, every week some club has another inititive and if were to be all posted here, it would be ridiculous.
    Of course it wouldn't, I'd love to know what happens with other clubs, particularly ones that work.
    Maybe we should make the title of the post, XXX Club has fundraising initiative, grumpy oul wans don't read
    Hunky Dorys Park - could be worse, we could be going to Old Trafford every other week