Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bloody RTE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Bloody RTE

So there I was, sat on me couch last night, grabbing the last bit of TV before hitting for the scratcher.
    Watching the late night news on RTE 2, usual stuff, gangland shooting here, funding cuts there, and then over to the Sports News, and after a bit about GAAAAAAHhhhhhhhh, it was time for soccer and the result from last night's game.
    So congrats to Longford Town on beating Wexford Youths in the FA Cup, I knew the English fixtures were announced yesterday, but wasn't aware (A) the cup had already started; and (B) two of our clubs have jumped ship, leaving the LOI for across the water.
    As for the graphic that appeared on screen when the result was given, it stated 'FAI FOR CUP'. Not sure the sponsors will be too happy with that.
    Shockingly sloppy from RTE. Again.
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Weeeeee're onnnnnn our way to Wembley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    So there I was, sat on me couch last night, grabbing the last bit of TV before hitting for the scratcher.
    Watching the late night news on RTE 2, usual stuff, gangland shooting here, funding cuts there, and then over to the Sports News, and after a bit about GAAAAAAHhhhhhhhh, it was time for soccer and the result from last night's game.
    So congrats to Longford Town on beating Wexford Youths in the FA Cup, I knew the English fixtures were announced yesterday, but wasn't aware (A) the cup had already started; and (B) two of our clubs have jumped ship, leaving the LOI for across the water.
    As for the graphic that appeared on screen when the result was given, it stated 'FAI FOR CUP'. Not sure the sponsors will be too happy with that.
    Shockingly sloppy from RTE. Again.

Its a new inititive by the FAI to sly English premier fans into supporting Irish clubs! SSSHHHH!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    When are the FAI going to do something about this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    I would have thought the fact a sponsor was incorrectly named might lead them to make a call. Wouldn't expect them to make contact over the usual errors, but given the times we're in, they need to keep sponsors sweet, such as using their name correctly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauro 76 View Post
    Weeeeee're onnnnnn our way to Wembley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Safe journey!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    They didn't even mention any result of the FAI cup last Friday night on their late news. Yet they talked about Gah, The Lions, Golf, Tennis etc. F*cking joke of a station. I wouldn't blame anyone for not paying their TV licence.
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeathDrog View Post
    They didn't even mention any result of the FAI cup last Friday night on their late news. Yet they talked about Gah, The Lions, Golf, Tennis etc. F*cking joke of a station. I wouldn't blame anyone for not paying their TV licence.
    Im quoting you when the man comes to my door
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passerrby View Post
    Im quoting you when the man comes to my door
    Haha! Probably won't take that as an excuse either though he never believed I was from Somalia.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I'll bet you they've already heard that excuse and it didn't work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    I wouldn't blame anyone for not paying their TV licence.
    Its true though, if they did any root cause analysis on the people not paying their licence then i'd imagine there are a fair few people would give an answer similar to that.

My biggest gripe is that they claim to be a National Broadcaster and they dont act as one. Its false advertising and as a result they dont deserve the licence fee.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Good Jesus Christ, it's a slow ****ing week around here!!!!

Does anyone else, anyone at all, find threads like this the height of pettiness and bull****? They spelt a sponsor wrong and called it the FA cup to quote Morrissey "what difference does it make?"

Cork and Limerick are up sh*t creek, The FAI have shown they are inept at running the league, rules are bent and broken to suit certain teams, Bohs have been slapped with a transfer embargo among other problems/genuine issues the league and it's clubs are facing at the moment and this gets a thread!!!!
    They always cheat, they always lie
    **** Delaney and the FAI

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Don't know why you lump "The Gah" in with all this, why would you have a problem with our national game being mentioned? I agree on the rest re. the Anglo sports of course.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy Bowsie View Post

Does anyone else, anyone at all, find threads like this the height of pettiness and bull****? They spelt a sponsor wrong and called it the FA cup to quote Morrissey "what difference does it make?"

Cork and Limerick are up sh*t creek, The FAI have shown they are inept at running the league, rules are bent and broken to suit certain teams, Bohs have been slapped with a transfer embargo among other problems/genuine issues the league and it's clubs are facing at the moment and this gets a thread!!!!
    Who ate your Cornflakes this morning? I'm sure if you asked Ford about it, it did make a difference. There is a big difference - the FA Cup is played under the auspices of the FA, the FAI Cup is the trophy played for here.
    So given your argument, I'm sure you wouldn't mind, for example, Dáil Éireann being called the Houses of Commons, given the fact the Govt has been shown as being inept in running the country, and has blown a load of money? Or Derry City being called Londonderry City? Or Giovanni Trapattoni being called, oh, I don't know, Gerry Trappers?
    Sure, what difference does it make?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy Bowsie View Post

I'm sort of with you in that I don't care what they do, it just highlights how little they care about LOI football. They don't make the same mistakes elsewhere.

And by they I mean the media in general.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scram View Post
    Don't know why you lump "The Gah" in with all this, why would you have a problem with our national game being mentioned? I agree on the rest re. the Anglo sports of course.
    That's not my point. If they are to mention GAA which is our national sport, then they should mention the FAI Cup because it is our national cup competition. Imagine if it was the other way round and the GAA didn't get a mention. There would be total uproar.
    You've got no fans.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    When was the referendum on making stick-fighting and throwy-ball our national sports? I didn't get that memo.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    When was the referendum on making stick-fighting and throwy-ball our national sports? I didn't get that memo.
    Well, you were free to object when they were set up, "Oy, Cusack, your *******ised version of rugby isn't our national sport and that beard looks right ****!". Of course, they were good mates with the Fenians, so that might not have gone well.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    That's not my point. If they are to mention GAA which is our national sport, then they should mention the FAI Cup because it is our national cup competition. Imagine if it was the other way round and the GAA didn't get a mention. There would be total uproar.

unfortunately, champions league is more likely our "national" football competition.
    They certainly should give cup some coverage but i guess they base their coverage on audience interest. They higher the % of populace interested, the more coverage..gaa/lions etc have massive multiple in numbers of people looking for info. Early (and latter) results in cup doesn't register with 90% of the sporting public. (catch 22 I accept - no coverage due to minimal interest / minimal interest(maybe) due to coverage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rebus2008 View Post
    unfortunately, champions league is more likely our "national" football competition.
    They certainly should give cup some coverage but i guess they base their coverage on audience interest. They higher the % of populace interested, the more coverage..gaa/lions etc have massive multiple in numbers of people looking for info. Early (and latter) results in cup doesn't register with 90% of the sporting public. (catch 22 I accept - no coverage due to minimal interest / minimal interest(maybe) due to coverage)
    But surely it warrents just 10-20 seconds of putting the results up on the screen?
    You've got no fans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast