Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Limerick FC set to be wound up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Lets be very honest here - all the FAI gives a S**t about is the International Team and they could'nt care less about domestic football.All they do is plug holes and even at that their usless(see Cobh/Kilkenny). we need an organisation that first and foremost looks after domestic football.Why bother with International football which contains no domestic players and is supported in large by people who never set foot insde a LOi game.It would be nice to think that the FAI would plough back the money they earn from International games into domestic Football.
    "We've had a lot of good times, but you don't know how good they are until you have the bad ones" Tony Adams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    They do put money into the league, and more into other levels of the game. Frankly, until we have a season where the senior clubs show themselves capable of matching expenditure to income, I don't see why they should **** more money down the drain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    They do put money into the league, and more into other levels of the game. Frankly, until we have a season where the senior clubs show themselves capable of matching expenditure to income, I don't see why they should **** more money down the drain.
    Agreed. Why does everyone think senior clubs are entitled to unconditional funding, regardless of how incompetent they all seem to be with any money they receive already ?

Also - why is the senior male game more worthy of funding than the verious other sections of the Irish footballing family (youth, intermediate, female etc).

I live in eternal hope that some day the begging-bowl entitlement mentality on here will come to and end........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Last edited by 4tothefloor; 29/06/2009 at 1:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor View Post
    You tell em Rafa!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    I have two genuine questions with regards Limerick situation last week.

1. The friendly that Limerick wanted that the FAI refused was that due to be played in Jackman Park or Thomond Park?

2. Also did Limerick lose all debts or carry over old ones when then had there name changes over the last few years.

By the way gald Limerick out of the trouble for rest of season
    And Miles To Go Before We Sleep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    1 - game due to be played at Thomand but FAI brought in a rule re concerts on pitches before Internationals,despite we havin organised friendly before said rule.
    2 - losses well covered before start of season the shortfall is to cover for the rest of this season.The financial aspect is better explained in other posts in this thread.
    "We've had a lot of good times, but you don't know how good they are until you have the bad ones" Tony Adams

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Youths4Ever View Post
    2. Also did Limerick lose all debts or carry over old ones when then had there name changes over the last few years.
    The debts cleared by Jack McCarthy when he initially came on board were those built up in the club's first year under the Limerick 37 guise (2007 season I suppose) when the club chairman was a guy called Ger Finnan.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by LK37oldskool View Post
    1 - game due to be played at Thomand but FAI brought in a rule re concerts on pitches before Internationals,despite we havin organised friendly before said rule.
    2 - losses well covered before start of season the shortfall is to cover for the rest of this season.The financial aspect is better explained in other posts in this thread.
    are you sure we had....organised this friendly before said rule.my info is that no contact had been made by anyone from limerick with thomond pk to even discuss a possible date.,before it was too late.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    My info says 2 teams were contacted and travel/hotel arrangements were in place - FAI had told Limerick they would arrange Thomand.Then pulled the plug due to "unforseen circumstances". In other words had'nt bothered their arse to make the contact so ran with the "no games on pitches after concerts" crap to get out of a hole and not look like d**kheads.
    Last edited by LK37oldskool; 30/06/2009 at 7:31 PM.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    are you sure we had....organised this friendly before said rule.my info is that no contact had been made by anyone from limerick with thomond pk to even discuss a possible date.,before it was too late.
    Was talking to a girl working in the Thomand Park ticket office and she said Limerick cancelled and ask me did i know what was the reason, so i take it from that that they had made contact with them alright.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011