Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Drogheda United ban 6 of it's supporters.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by corkboy360 View Post
    They are yer fiercest rivals and they outdone ye
    Get over it.

I for one think the F45U have done the best displays in the last season and a bit and its a shame they will have no more.
    It's a shame that you choose to miss the point of my post!

It has nothing to do with the "fierce" rivalry you trumpet, but more a commentary on the mindset of insult and provocation that pervades throughout many "fans" in LOI, and is almost unique in Irish sport.

Colourful displays add to the atmosphere, provocative or insulting banners pollute!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Oh get over it. It was just supposed to be a bit of humour. Simular to them car stickers with one fan pi**ing on a rival team's jersey. They're intended for humour. Last year the F45 had a banner when we were playing Bohs of Dennis the menace shoving his knob up his dog's arse and little was said, and that's worse then the Dundalk one if you ask me!
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeathDrog View Post
    Oh get over it. It was just supposed to be a bit of humour. Simular to them car stickers with one fan pi**ing on a rival team's jersey. They're intended for humour. Last year the F45 had a banner when we were playing Bohs of Dennis the menace shoving his knob up his dog's arse and little was said, and that's worse then the Dundalk one if you ask me!
    Go tell your board that...
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Go tell your board that...
    True. Lessons have to be learnt. Can't see how banners can cause that much offense. I'm all for banning flares though. Them 6 fans can f*ckoff.
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    I have nothing to "get over" - 'cause the banner in question caused me no offense!

IMO, the car stickers are also in poor taste, and while I didn't see the Dennis the Menace one it sounds dire.

Apart from the damage to the clubs finances, have you ever paused to consider the negative impact caused to the image of the league in general or more specifically to your club?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    I have nothing to "get over" - 'cause the banner in question caused me no offense!

IMO, the car stickers are also in poor taste, and while I didn't see the Dennis the Menace one it sounds dire.

Apart from the damage to the clubs finances, have you ever paused to consider the negative impact caused to the image of the league in general or more specifically to your club?
    Why? It was a banner FFS. I don't see why the club or the fans should be condemned for that display. How would this have a 'negative impact' on the image of the League. There aren't people across the country having an outside look on the LOI and saying "banner with bad taste, You'll never see me at a match"
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Why? It was a banner FFS. I don't see why the club or the fans should be condemned for that display. How would this have a 'negative impact' on the image of the League. There aren't people across the country having an outside look on the LOI and saying "banner with bad taste, You'll never see me at a match"

I think you have your head in the sand if you believe that the wider public dont read newspapers http://www.drogheda-independent.ie/s...d-1755170.html , or watch TV coverage, or use the internet, or hear word-of-mouth reports.

I am not condemning anyone (especially not the club who have taken positive action), but I have no doubt that the cultural ethos that I refered to previously (of which the banners mentioned are only a part) have a negative impact on the publics perception of LOI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    I think you have your head in the sand if you believe that the wider public dont read newspapers http://www.drogheda-independent.ie/s...d-1755170.html , or watch TV coverage, or use the internet, or hear word-of-mouth reports.

I am not condemning anyone (especially not the club who have taken positive action), but I have no doubt that the cultural ethos that I refered to previously (of which the banners mentioned are only a part) have a negative impact on the publics perception of LOI
    But let's face it, if anyone who doesn't go to LOI games feels offended by seeing a banner, then most likely they're going to be seen nowhere near a game anyway.
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Reason no. 254 why people don't go to LOI games: offensive banners.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post
    reason no. 254 why people don't go to loi games: Offensive banners.
    :d :d :d :d :d
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

The Notorious Boo Boys!!
    Dundalk 1 - "the worst team to ever play in the premier" 2 :D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,651 Posts
    seen it before but thats still quality.

ezeikial just needs a humour transplant and a dose of reality. You claim not to be offended but are arguing the case of a man who is.

These displays, and the "tribal" attitude, are not unique to Ireland. You will find similar displays and banners all around Europe, especially in France and Italy.

from Europe somewhere

from Cyprus

Bohs display

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Whats offensive to one person may not be offensive to the next.

It really doesn't take a whole lot of objectivity to understand how some may regard this as being offensive and possibly an incitment to confrontation.

While I personally don't find it in any way offensive (and really well made), it is in poor taste. When other sports fans query why segregation is necessary is Irish soccer (but not in rugby or GAA) they only need look to banners like this to understand the negative tribalist ethos that exists.

Good humour and banter between fans adds to the experience; insults and provocation does not.
    some would then class your banner as offensive.personally i have no problem with either banner

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Its only a banner ffs i taught it was a very good banner and well done!
    Ian Fosters Black & White army

The Home of football is oriel!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WindmillWarrior View Post

The Notorious Boo Boys!!
    That's the one.
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WindmillWarrior View Post

The Notorious Boo Boys!!
    I'm ever so slightly worried that someone has clearly put so much time and effort into making a large banner of a primary school child raping a dog.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Some of the best from France down the years - my Favourite one first though:

Banner reads: "To find the Peasants - Follow the Arrow" - the arrow points to the away fans section

The banner, displayed at a match between Paris Saint-Germain and Lens reads: "Paedophiles, unemployed and inbred: Welcome up north"
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

"Recruiting whores. Send in your mothers' CVs."

"Le Havre - Crap City"

And finally - quite a witty one:

"While we were inventing cinema your fathers were dying in the coalmines." From Lyon supporters to Saint Etienne fans.
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Firstly No surrender to the GAA ever,secondly banners flags flares and ultras god bless you all but ultras need to collect money through fundraisers and merchandise to cover the ridiculous fines .Finaly I wish stewards were as eager to identify and get banned the stone island schooligans at each club instead of real fans.I support the six lads and any others banned for making the game in this country more colourful and atmospheric ,heroes every one of you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoversHead View Post
    Firstly No surrender to the GAA ever,secondly banners flags flares and ultras god bless you all but ultras need to collect money through fundraisers and merchandise to cover the ridiculous fines .Finaly I wish stewards were as eager to identify and get banned the stone island schooligans at each club instead of real fans.I support the six lads and any others banned for making the game in this country more colourful and atmospheric ,heroes every one of you.
    Complete rubbish. The idiots who brought in them flares knew right well that they were banned and were a health hazard. Nothing heroic about being a 14 year old being thrown out by a fat steward out the gate.
    You've got no fans.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast