Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Drogheda United ban 6 of it's supporters.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Love it when ultras light up stadiums the world over Im with the kid f..k the fat steward ,nothing hazzardous about flare displays when organised properly in fact it only becomes dodgy when you ban them.Our Ultras displays in Tolka on youtube for example ,organised and safely disposed of in sand buckets working with the stewards no probs.I wish that fat steward the very best trying to enforce a flag and banner ban against the Dublin clubs.Love creating probloms for yourselves up there it seems.
    Last edited by RoversHead; 31/05/2009 at 11:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RoversHead View Post
    Love it when ultras light up stadiums the world over Im with the kid f..k the fat steward
    I love Ultras too, especially Forza Rovers. However, when your actions hinder the team rather then helping them, one must question one's behaviour.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Love it when ultras light up stadiums the world over Im with the kid f..k the fat steward
    So if you're with the kid then maybe you can help him cough up the fine that the club has to pay for his stupidity. Muppet.
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    What an idiotic comment to make. You want to light a flare you pay the fine.
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    What an idiotic comment to make. You want to light a flare you pay the fine.
    I did say that Ultras should raise money to pay the stupid fines read my posts before having a go as for the other lad calling me a muppet relax will ya.As a result of how Drogs have handled this you now have to stop away fans bringing flags and banners good luck with that you really have done your bit to create atmosphere..........muppet
    Last edited by RoversHead; 31/05/2009 at 11:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    I did say that Ultras should raise money to pay the stupid fines read my posts before having a go as for the other lad calling me a muppet relax will ya.As a result of how Drogs have handled this you now have to stop away fans bringing flags and banners good luck with that you really have done your bit to create atmosphere..........muppet
    So your philosophy is to delibarately break the rules just to let off a bit of red smoke and just be a general annoyance to everyone, and then willingly pay the fine while you are banned from the club?? You'll go far.

It's easier said than done to cough up the coin, especially in the last year or so. Will the 6 who are banned pay the club's fine?? Will they f*ck. What a way to show your support. Heap more bills on a broke club. Idiotic is a generous word in this case.

I think I have made myself clear in relation to the banners case. However, flares are pointless and fans know where they stand. They are simply not allowed. End of.
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Réiteoir View Post
    Some of the best from France down the years
    Excellent, although the La Harve one is bit lazy. There was war over the PSG one wasn't there, government involved and all.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I'm going to ask a question and i'll ask anyone who isn't 100% sure to refrain from answering but do your respective clubs recieve the fines? As in, are they actually enforced?
    They always cheat, they always lie
    **** Delaney and the FAI

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    yeah MeathDrog I think bad laws and rules should be broken light em up and pay the fines but you need an ultras group that can raise their own warchest to cover the fines if it annoys you sit somewhere else ,or put on your reboks man and go and play fooken tennis I really dont care our polititions clergy gardai and FAI aswell as our entire banking system have said fook the rules why should we care about a few flares in a small town near Dundalk get a grip.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
    Excellent, although the La Harve one is bit lazy. There was war over the PSG one wasn't there, government involved and all.
    Yeah, Sarkozy was at the game. Bolounge Boys were disbanded as a result.

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    I actually agree with Rovershead, I mean who the hell do the club think they are - fans trying to drum up a it of banter.
    Do the fans own the club or some directors willing to bow down to the Fai?
    Imagine complaining about bad langauge at a football game -

As for fines - let the club pay them, if they want go ahead!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    yeah MeathDrog I think bad laws and rules should be broken light em up and pay the fines but you need an ultras group that can raise their own warchest to cover the fines if it annoys you sit somewhere else ,or put on your reboks man and go and play fooken tennis I really dont care our polititions clergy gardai and FAI aswell as our entire banking system have said fook the rules why should we care about a few flares in a small town near Dundalk get a grip.
    Listen up wicklow boy , the ultras in general do a great job and are well supported by all of us in the ground ,young and old .I have personally raised money in the past to pay for displays etc and im far from an ultra .BUT they have been warned about flares many times .We are a club who are barely hanging on finacialy and we are struggling big time to meet to day to day finacial requirements of the leauge, i.e we are f'@ckin broke to the stones and it aint getting any easier .The issue of the banner is a joke and the banning of flags and banners will not be inforced , either will the banning of 6 individuals from the ground as the club hasnt picked out 6 of them from the entire group .We have a game against corkcity tomorrow and i promise you they will all be there . And by the way rovershead for a man who is so concerned about atmosphere you failed to create any whatsoever in tallaght on sat , not a peep out of you until you scored and even after that you dissapeared entirely .or is it the acoustics in the ground

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndrog View Post
    Listen up wicklow boy , the ultras in general do a great job and are well supported by all of us in the ground ,young and old .I have personally raised money in the past to pay for displays etc and im far from an ultra .BUT they have been warned about flares many times .We are a club who are barely hanging on finacialy and we are struggling big time to meet to day to day finacial requirements of the leauge, i.e we are f'@ckin broke to the stones and it aint getting any easier .The issue of the banner is a joke and the banning of flags and banners will not be inforced , either will the banning of 6 individuals from the ground as the club hasnt picked out 6 of them from the entire group .We have a game against corkcity tomorrow and i promise you they will all be there . And by the way rovershead for a man who is so concerned about atmosphere you failed to create any whatsoever in tallaght on sat , not a peep out of you until you scored and even after that you dissapeared entirely .or is it the acoustics in the ground
    Well said.
    You've got no fans.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    so the lads are not banned ,typical Drog thread ending with personalised attacks after a non story.All I was doing was defending 6 fans that I was led to believe had been treated harshly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peadar1987 View Post
    I'm ever so slightly worried that someone has clearly put so much time and effort into making a large banner of a primary school child raping a dog.
    How do you know it was rape?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers fan View Post
    How do you know it was rape?!
    Are you saying it was just ruff sex?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    consensual bestiality is not a crime.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Who decides if a banner is offensive or not?We got a fine for a banner which said that Ollie (God rest him)was a cigg smuggler.can a fact be offensive?

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    seen it before but thats still quality.

ezeikial just needs a humour transplant and a dose of reality. You claim not to be offended but are arguing the case of a man who is.

These displays, and the "tribal" attitude, are not unique to Ireland. You will find similar displays and banners all around Europe, especially in France and Italy.
    You appear to have some difficulty handling (or is it understanding?)a viewpoint contrary to your own!

It is really irrelevant whether I personally find the banners offensive; but surely it is not difficult for any reasonable person to understand why they are likely to be seen as provocative, insulting or confrontational by some.

But then, I suspect that is the whole point of these particular banners!

Colourful, well made banners and displays add tremendously to the atmosphere (even poorly made witty ones contribute). But the 'race to the bottom' in search of a nadir of bad taste is hardly laudable or desirable.

How the FAI view them is an entirely distinct issue - the fact that some "fans" continue with banners/flares that are likely to be deemed as offensive/dangerous and lumber their club with fines speaks volumes for the mindset involved.

(For what it is worth, my comment on the "cultural ethos of tribal confrontation" was that it is unique in Irish sport - generally segregation of rival supporters is not necessary or desirable in Irish rugby or GAA.)

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeathDrog View Post
    Oh get over it. It was just supposed to be a bit of humour. Simular to them car stickers with one fan pi**ing on a rival team's jersey. They're intended for humour. Last year the F45 had a banner when we were playing Bohs of Dennis the menace shoving his knob up his dog's arse and little was said, and that's worse then the Dundalk one if you ask me!

was that what it was i thought dennis had decided to let it grow wild myself!if the flares cost money when we have **** all then dont be at it.banner flags is a farce,can someone clarify is it our wonderful board the the FAI bringing that one in??finally anyone offended be the dundalk crest being crapped on im open to correction here but the banner meath drog mentions above came in for a bit of praise from certain members of nbb?maybe it was Bohs Partisan on a visit to our messgae board mentioned that.again im open to correction.

and if your offended by effectvely a drawing on a large piece of cloth i suggest knitting crochet or embroidery for you

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast