Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Drogheda United ban 6 of it's supporters.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    If you break the ground rules causing the club to be fined and resist the actions of the stewards you can have no complaint whatsoever about being banned.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    sorry joey but the club are the ones who will suffer and if you do these things againist the wishes of the club known that they will be punished then you are no a true fan of that club .
    no sympathy for any one banned from a ground clubs do not take these decisions lightly
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by topia View Post
    in my opinion there is absolutely no place for bad language, banners or offensive chanting in football grounds. id much prefer to be able to sit and watch the football match in peace rather than have these bad pups creating such an antisocial atmosphere fair play to the drogheda board
    Are you Grampa Simpson by any chance?

When I wer a lad....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    in my opinion there is absolutely no place for bad language, banners or offensive chanting in football grounds. id much prefer to be able to sit and watch the football match in peace rather than have these bad pups creating such an antisocial atmosphere fair play to the drogheda board
    Without doubt the most stupid post ever on this or any other football forum. Now away with you and finish your knitting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by joey4ireland View Post
    Jesus wept. Sometimes I get the impression people want to be offended. Someone made a good point about drogs alienating their fans. This is a joke and it's fustrating to see clubs as well as the fai are now treating flares like satin spawn. I feel sorry for those who were banned - must be fustrating
    6 banned ? what sort of whimps are the Drogs board ? bohs have banned over 100 (nobody quite sure as new names are added almost daily ). cant quite figure out why our gates are crap and there is no atmosphere at games anymore....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey4ireland View Post
    Jesus wept. Sometimes I get the impression people want to be offended. Someone made a good point about drogs alienating their fans. This is a joke and it's fustrating to see clubs as well as the fai are now treating flares like satin spawn. I feel sorry for those who were banned - must be fustrating

people dont want to be offended but when these young lads run around in all their colours with banners obstructing your view of the match, chanting at the top of their voices often using foul language...you wouldnt see that with the GAA... and flares everywhere...sure its a wonder nobody has been killed yet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    people dont want to be offended but when these young lads run around in all their colours with banners obstructing your view of the match, chanting at the top of their voices often using foul language...you wouldnt see that with the GAA... and flares everywhere...sure its a wonder nobody has been killed yet
    Wont somebody please think of the children.

From what I can gather the package you are looking for is the "TV At Home Experience"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    6 banned ? what sort of whimps are the Drogs board ? bohs have banned over 100 (nobody quite sure as new names are added almost daily ). cant quite figure out why our gates are crap and there is no atmosphere at games anymore....

it adds a bit of excitement though not like these drogs fans, it you are a bohs fan and you are friends with a lad whos cousin was overheard talking about a flare once then there could be a banning letter on its way to you...if a certain someone within the club feels like it that is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SMorgan View Post
    I always enjoyed the Drog lectures on fan behaviour!!
    You see its called taking action to sort out the problem. You might have a word with Gerry Matthews about implementing a similar strategy off the field as his new found on the field actions

I've no sympathy for the lads. They were warned not to light flares, they continued. They are banned. If they pay the fine they might be allowed back in.

Unfortunately its the few who have spoliled it for the majority, because their displays were superb
    Hunky Dorys Park - could be worse, we could be going to Old Trafford every other week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm delighted that this came out. I'm not a big fan of the current board but for once they have a point regarding the flares. The banner issue is nothing, just pure FAI bullsh*t which will be ignored anyway.

At the start of the season, at a supporters club meeting, the Ultra's said that they would pay for any fines that the club incurred because of flares, this hasn't happened.

I love the displays that they do and the one against Dundalk was fantastic but they have to leave the flares out of it for a while anyway as I'm not prepared to raise money for the club only to pay for stupid fines!!
    Forzadrogs.....A blog by a Drog with an opinion!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    'One of our stewards was assaulted, and we have also had complaints from ordinary Drogheda fans about bad language and offensive chanting.'

This is the bit i cant get my head around... i mean 1st of all who would make an actual complaint to the club about bad language? and why have the Drogs board pretended to take this complaint seriously in order to pad out their statement?
    it nearly devalues the whole thing really because the warning about flares is understandable because the fines are adding up but then mentioning bad language at the same time is just a bit stupid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    That's sad don't like it don't go

NO AL CALCIO MODERNO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Believe it or not, I actually agree with some of the stuff in here. If you're bringing young kids to a game you don't want there to be excessive swearing going on. I'm not offended by it myself, but I try and avoid effing and blinding if there are kids near me in the ground.

As for banners, as long as people aren't muppets about it and put up a 20 foot by 50 foot one all the way along the front row of the main stand, I don't mind, and obviously so long as they're not racist, or homophobic, or otherwise going too far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Yeah, but percentage wise drogs have banned 50% of their support, while bohs only managed 20%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I have one thing to say Mr. Topia - GAA my ass !!!!! Soccer matches are all about FUN, COLOUR, NOISE and ATHMOSPHERE in all the countries were the best teams come from. It is an atitude like yours the is holding back soccer in this country !!!!!! Golf is a nice quiet sport and maybe to your liking, no banners in blocking your view and no shouting or bad language either !
    De groot nummer 10

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Then go watch GAA!...Some people..
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    You wouldnt see that at a GAA match???.....are u serious??...granted its been a few years since i was at one and doubt i ever will be again but the behaviour of the Ladies presant that day scared me(never heard language like it!!) never mind the lads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    dont kid yourself last week at the monaghan v derry game a player tried to retrieve a ball over the pitchside wall and was met by quite a few punches the real differance between these two types of football is in GAA most of the violence is contained on the pitch, players selectors managers etc. while in soccer most supporters knuckles do not reach the ground
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Wont somebody please think of the children.

From what I can gather the package you are looking for is the "TV At Home Experience"

Quote Originally Posted by forza rovers View Post
    That's sad don't like it don't go

NO AL CALCIO MODERNO

Quote Originally Posted by Massop 10 View Post
    I have one thing to say Mr. Topia - GAA my ass !!!!! Soccer matches are all about FUN, COLOUR, NOISE and ATHMOSPHERE in all the countries were the best teams come from. It is an atitude like yours the is holding back soccer in this country !!!!!! Golf is a nice quiet sport and maybe to your liking, no banners in blocking your view and no shouting or bad language either !
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Then go watch GAA!...Some people..

Quote Originally Posted by CarrickFan View Post
    You wouldnt see that at a GAA match???.....are u serious??...granted its been a few years since i was at one and doubt i ever will be again but the behaviour of the Ladies presant that day scared me(never heard language like it!!) never mind the lads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by passerrby View Post
    dont kid yourself last week at the monaghan v derry game a player tried to retrieve a ball over the pitchside wall and was met by quite a few punches the real differance between these two types of football is in GAA most of the violence is contained on the pitch, players selectors managers etc. while in soccer most supporters knuckles do not reach the ground

Youre a great bunch of lads... i wasnt going to bother but i think i might now at this stage...i was clearly taking the pi*s!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast