Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Strange fact!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A N Mouse View Post
    OR to bring it, slight more, back on topic useless refs, questionably, sending off the goalkeeper when you're comfortably two goals to the good against your title rivals, and don't have recognised goalkeeper on the bench
    It's the refs fault you had no sub keeper was it? He deserved to go too, ref had no choice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeixlipRed View Post
    It's the refs fault you had no sub keeper was it? He deserved to go too, ref had no choice.
    It was a reckless challenge and he probably deserved to go. There was however enough leeway for the ref to issue only a yellow. A conspiracy theorist would link the colour of the card to the lack of a keeper on the bench.

I don't believe in the conspiracy myself. Its the incredibly poor standard of reffin, for all teams. In saying that we seem to fall victim to it when it most matters - if anyone would like to dig up footage of our first FAI cup final, or our last - just as examples.

The fai keep going on about how they're leading the way with licensing. Its about time they started leading the way with referees [preferably toward the door for most of our current crop ] and making them more accountable for their decisions would be a first step.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    It was a reckless challenge and he probably deserved to go. There was however enough leeway for the ref to issue only a yellow. A conspiracy theorist would link the colour of the card to the lack of a keeper on the bench.

I don't believe in the conspiracy myself. Its the incredibly poor standard of reffin,
    You say he deserved to go, yet it was as a result of the poor standard of reffin(rather than a conspiracy) that he got sent off....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

I don't believe in the conspiracy myself. Its the incredibly poor standard of reffin, for all teams. In saying that we seem to fall victim to it when it most matters - if anyone would like to dig up footage of our first FAI cup final, or our last - just as examples..
    or footage of the crazy 2nd yellow Anto Murphy got for diving after he was brought down by the Derry keeper in the League game at Dalyer last season (thats OK because Derry won) or footage of Bohs playing with ten men in the 2nd half at the Brandywell after derry manager (mad Felix) attacked bohs player (James Coll i think) at half time.etc etc etc

all fans recall decisions that went against them, and if they are honest, decisions that went for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    You say he deserved to go, yet it was as a result of the poor standard of reffin(rather than a conspiracy) that he got sent off....
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    or footage of the crazy 2nd yellow Anto Murphy got for diving after he was brought down by the Derry keeper in the League game at Dalyer last season (thats OK because Derry won) or footage of Bohs playing with ten men in the 2nd half at the Brandywell after derry manager (mad Felix) attacked bohs player (James Coll i think) at half time.etc etc etc

all fans recall decisions that went against them, and if they are honest, decisions that went for them.
    Appologies if I haven't made my point clearly.

The conspiracy I was refering to was the one of dublin bias among the refs. I don't believe this. I do believe that the poor standard of refs effects all teams, to a greater or lesser extent, throughout the season.

And as marinobohs points out there are certain incidents which as a Derry fan I feel particularly aggrieved about. And, only we're out of the league cup, getting robbed in an FAI cup final was a good omen before

I brought up the red card against shels to counter claims from leixlipred that it was only the dublin city debacle that saw goal difference decide the league. It was an example of a decision that went against Derry when it mattered.

Was the ref justified in sending jennings off? Yes
    Could he have let him stay on the field? Yes

Micls, I'm not trying to use this as an example of poor officiating. It does however serve to highlight the standard of refereeing, simply because I can ask how consistently would you expect that same decision to be made [by different refs, for/against certain teams]? And how consistently should you expect it to be made?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Candystripe View Post
    it does highlight that Dublin officials are handed big games which generally are against Dublin clubs.
    Think of the alternatives, you don't want to be drawing the likes of Buttimer or Anders on yourselves.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    OMG Derry get awarded a penalty tonight

Do referees read this forum?
    So if you think Bohs are big read this. http://www.astronomy.ie/perpespective.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123