Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tonight's updates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Very poor performance from Galway last night, wasn't helped by the shocking refereeing on show. John Russell must have got one of the harshest red cards of the season, for the second yellow he clearly won the ball. As for the peno, Richie Ryan dived, awful soft. Otherwise I can't have any complaints, Sligo passed the ball better and controlled the match. We rarely threatened

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Enjoyable game in Limerick last night. Very long grass on the pitch, but both sides played good ball. Limerick hammered us first half, rather worryingly. They petered out towards the end of the half, and we started getting much the better of it when we went 3-4-3 after an hour, but then Limerick started finding gaps at the back and could have won it at the end. Draw was fair; either side could easily have won it. Limerick have to host Wexford, Fungus and Shels in this round of games; would be surprised if they got less than four points out of that. Much improved on the opening day.
    I'd agree with all of this.

For about 20 mins in the middle of the first half, we really were in control, and I was surprised UCD were happy to give the ball back to us so easily. Once that spell ended, UCD looked dangerous for the rest of the game. Everything went down the right side for you, and you got the ball into the box time and time again. We were getting some success with balls played in over your back four.

As you say, either side could have won it, there could have been at least 2 goals each.

Shame I didn't see you there Stu. Were you on the side opposite the seats?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufc2000 View Post
    Very poor performance from Galway last night, wasn't helped by the shocking refereeing on show. John Russell must have got one of the harshest red cards of the season, for the second yellow he clearly won the ball. As for the peno, Richie Ryan dived, awful soft. Otherwise I can't have any complaints, Sligo passed the ball better and controlled the match. We rarely threatened
    Was Russell not sent off for mouthing off to the ref? I was right behind the goals for the penalty decision and it was a stonewaller, actually it was a proper clumsy effort of a tackle, he took his foot.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    Shame I didn't see you there Stu. Were you on the side opposite the seats?
    I was, yeah, All us visiting support somehow naturally gravitated to the Belfield Park-style grass bank - must have been out of nostalgia!

Met slk on the way in; couldn't think of a way of saying "Howaya, sadloserkid!" while he was walking in with the missus, so let him to the introductions instead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers Maniac View Post
    Was Russell not sent off for mouthing off to the ref? I was right behind the goals for the penalty decision and it was a stonewaller, actually it was a proper clumsy effort of a tackle, he took his foot.
    The ref gave a free for Russell winning the ball, you can't disagree with that. The ref was looking right at it. Maybe he did mouth off, but if he got a second yellow for the foul, its an absolute disgrace.

From our side, it looked like yer man dived, you were closer so maybe it was a clumsy tackle. We had 2/3 penalty appeals turned down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,231 Posts
    Couple of familiar faces in the Arklow line up against UCD today.

UCD - Sean Coffey, John Burke, Daniel Lehane, Colin Bray, Jack Doyle, Marc Whelan, Ronan Lynagh, Eoin O'Sullivan, Niall Daly, Paul O'Connor, Timmy Schultz. Subs - Philip Bourke, Sean Geoghegan, Dave Campion, Conor McGroarty, Paul Curtin, Brian Doherty

Arklow Town - Craig Britton, Ian O'Reilly, Ronan Ivory, Daniel O'Hart, Kevin Farrell, Chris Farrell, James Dixon, Daragh Murray, Graham Lawlor, Willie Doyle, Stephen Murphy. Subs - Chris Burgess, Peter Finnegan, Stephen Hurley, Matt Britton, Billy Manley, William Tyrrell

Apparently the game clashes with a major Cup Final in Arklow, so there's about 30 people here, and pretty much no-one from Arklow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,231 Posts
    1-0 Arklow at half time. Their keeper sent off for handball on 35; Willie Doye in nets. No sub keeper for Arklow. We've had about four great chances; Arklow should have made it 2-0 just at the break. Decent game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    A fair numner of ex-Bray lads in the Arklow team.

How come UCD are in at this round?
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,231 Posts
    It's our LSL team; got into the quarter-finals of the Intermediate Cup I think.

Upping my crowd figure to 70. Beautiful day for it too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,231 Posts
    Ended 2-1 to Arklow. We equalised, then Arklow scored two minutes later through a looped deflection after our defender slipped. Awful way to go out. Our keeper nearly scored a 20-yard curler in injury time, but ultimately, Arklow were just better than us. Best of luck to them in the next round.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456