Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: David Forde

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

David Forde

Looking very likely Forde might make a return to playing Championship level football after a season in League One with Millwall. I'd seen him in action once for Cardiff City without him ever looking like the talent that took him from Derry City to South Wales. He seems very much to have found himself again and has been instrumental in taking Millwall into the play offs and the reason Millwall have made it to the League One Play Off Final where he will face either MK Dons or Scunthorpe who of course have Joe Murphy in goal.

Having seen him tonight against Leeds Utd at Elland Road he looked very assured and on top of his game with at least two fantastic saves and a penalty save from Jermaine Beckford.

With one more game to go and a big day out at Wembley Forde could see himself back playing in the Championship as first choice and a chance for international recognition. Its good to seeing him showing good form again.

As Nick Colgan has proved its never to late to get an international chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    I made a post in the Irish abroad about this- I reckon he could sneak in as a third goalkeeper if we have an injury crisis in the next couple of years, or if Dean Kiely decides to call it a day.

His time with Millwall is the first real time he's been a starter, and even though he's 28, since he has hardly played regularly that might extend his career well into his late 30s.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    I always though Forde had the perfect size for a keeper. Similar to Schmeical's.

Good luck to him anyway
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    It was an awful peanlty but he did his job. Fair play to him, very good save in the first half from Beckford.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

David Forde

Lets not lose the run of ourselves lads...not sure he'll even be able to carry on beyond this season...I mean his ankle took an awful whack from that coin...also he nearly gifted Leeds a goal when he dropped a cross at Beckfords feet despite being unchallenged!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Have to say i never rated him when seeing him in the league of ireland first with us and then with Derry. There has always been clubs interested in taking him on though so maybe it was just a case that he had the skills but needed the coaching to make it at a higher level. Best of luck to him, he is the only player from Galway playing regularly in the English leagues(I'm not including Alan Lee because he wasnt brought up in Galway).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Haven't posted on here in a long time but had to when i saw this.

Ive been to a good few Millwall games this season and Forde is not a good keeper. Against Leeds on Saturday he kicked it straight out of play from either back passes or kick outs. His distribution is terrible.

He makes some good saves but he makes a lot of fumbles. Saw them play earlier in the season against Oldham where he made 2 absolute clangers and were beaten 3-2.

there is far better keepers playing at home and in other divisions in England to be looking at for International.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alltogethernow View Post
    Haven't posted on here in a long time but had to when i saw this.

Ive been to a good few Millwall games this season and Forde is not a good keeper. Against Leeds on Saturday he kicked it straight out of play from either back passes or kick outs. His distribution is terrible.

He makes some good saves but he makes a lot of fumbles. Saw them play earlier in the season against Oldham where he made 2 absolute clangers and were beaten 3-2.

there is far better keepers playing at home and in other divisions in England to be looking at for International.
    Call it the Derry bias (blah) but I disagree completely.

I've gone to The Den a few times this year he's been extremely assured, and occasionally instrumental, in Millwall claiming good results. Not only that I've chatted to many Millwall fans over the last year and all of them heaped praise on his ability - some admitted he made a few mistakes but, from what I've heard, they are very fond of him.

Finally Jackett like him and the players like him. Andy Frampton (Fans Player of the Year) named Forde his player of the season.

Personally I'm delighted for him. I have my doubts about him making it at a higher level but he seems to have improved and Championship football will bring him on again.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanVsDalton View Post
    Call it the Derry bias (blah) but I disagree completely.

I've gone to The Den a few times this year he's been extremely assured, and occasionally instrumental, in Millwall claiming good results. Not only that I've chatted to many Millwall fans over the last year and all of them heaped praise on his ability - some admitted he made a few mistakes but, from what I've heard, they are very fond of him.

Finally Jackett like him and the players like him. Andy Frampton (Fans Player of the Year) named Forde his player of the season.

Personally I'm delighted for him. I have my doubts about him making it at a higher level but he seems to have improved and Championship football will bring him on again.
    We must have been at different games

Fans do like him but they will admit(Well the ones i know) that he can be a liability.

At the Leeds game last week they cheered everytime he kept the ball in play from a kickout!!

I hope he does well but as you said i don't think he is good enough to make it at a higher level ie International.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Still think the same after another howler on Sunday?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    One poor performance doesn't make a season. Just ask Joe Murphy, League One keeper of the season and probably Ireland's number four. If Scunthorpe had of lost that match all they would've remembered was him flapping at an easy save - a much worse mistake than Forde's 'howler'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Linked with a move to Sunderland and Wigan. Also Alan Kelly has been scouting him for the national team according to this;

Forde focused on road ahead
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...d-2488814.html

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    I'd rank him ahead of Joe and Brian Murphy this season
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Has conceded three so far to Birmingham today however, though no indication if he could do much about any of them. Nevertheless having a good season in a very solid outfit right enough and I'd have thought he's done enough to be contending with the two Murphy's for Ireland's third choice. Has conceded 23 league goals compared to 32 (Brian Murphy) and 40 (J.Murphy).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    To be fair to the two Murphys, they've had terrible defences in front of them. Saying that, I'd have no problem with Forde getting an opportunity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Paddy Kenny is better than the Murphy's and Forde.
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapAPony View Post
    Paddy Kenny is better than the Murphy's and Forde.
    He's also more of a total moonboot than them. Though I wouldn't have a problem with him being called up (if he wanted a call that is) I don't see him being a good third choice, which is realistically where he's at. Don't think he's got the temperament or commitment to be a good squad addition, unlike the Murphy's or Forde. If Shay/Westwood got injured though, it could be another story.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Bang on swan, Paddy Kenny is only worth having around as no. 1 or 2. The third guy needs to know his role and be a team player. I like Westwood as the long-term replacement for Shay, but it's hard to argue with Kenny's performances this campaign.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanVsDalton View Post
    Has conceded three so far to Birmingham today however, though no indication if he could do much about any of them. Nevertheless having a good season in a very solid outfit right enough and I'd have thought he's done enough to be contending with the two Murphy's for Ireland's third choice. Has conceded 23 league goals compared to 32 (Brian Murphy) and 40 (J.Murphy).
    He was woeful for the first goal. Stretching it a bit to talk in terms of international calibre.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alf Honn View Post
    He was woeful for the first goal. Stretching it a bit to talk in terms of international calibre.
    Don't see why not if he's competing with the Murphy's and Kenny in the same league for a squad place. I'm not convinced he's international calibre either but we don't appear (as yet) to have three international calibre goalies. No Irish keeper had a particularly good weekend, apart from Westwood and maybe Kenny.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast