Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MNS

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Galway certainly got the best deal in the keeper swap, how Pats agreed to it i don't understand. Ricco is right about the awfull football played by Doolins and Fenlons teams teams and the main reason their crowds are so poor despite being top of the table.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    Galway certainly got the best deal in the keeper swap, how Pats agreed to it i don't understand..
    Barry Ryan wasn't great last seaosn but I couldn't believe it when I saw they had replaced him with Rogers. Crazy.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Ryan is from Clare and wanted to move home. His contract was up, I believe, so he did just that.
    Marco Tardelli's red and black,
    Red and black, red and black.
    Marco Tardelli's red and black,
    He hates Athlone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stann View Post

And don't want to harp on about the lack of Division 1 coverage - Christ knows we're resigned to gething nothing from them at this stage - but to dismiss what is a top-of-the-table clash on Friday with the throwaway line 'UCD and the Youths playing at home' is nothing short of disgraceful.
    I'm fairly glad there's no coverage of the FD on MNS (the PD is bad enough) but as for announcing the fixtures you should expect as much, the presenter doesn't seem to know anything about the FD. When reading the table as well you get the impression that he really doesn't want to do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Have to have a chuckle to myself every time I think of how we managed to swap Rogers for Ryan. Ryan has been outstanding for us. Rogers and Jay O'Shea were the only players contracted to Galway United after the end of last season. While there was interest in Jay, we thought we'd never get rid of Rogers.
    Galway United - Connacht Champions 2008

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    Ricco is right about the awfull football played by Doolins and Fenlons teams teams and the main reason their crowds are so poor despite being top of the table.
    Did Rico criticise us on that basis? I thought he said it would be great if every team went at it like Derry and Bohs the other night. (I'd say it just slipped out).

Collins was the one who had a go at Bohs for unadventurous play -- the week we went on to beat Dundalk 5-0.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky77 View Post
    Ryan is from Clare and wanted to move home. His contract was up, I believe, so he did just that.
    On the other hand Rogers & O'Brien swapping clubs could have had absolutely nothing to do with the shenanigans surrounding a manager contracted to one club jumping ship to another club, so I am told.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoshield View Post
    On the other hand Rogers & O'Brien swapping clubs could have had absolutely nothing to do with the shenanigans surrounding a manager contracted to one club jumping ship to another club, so I am told.
    The we REALLY got the dest deal - out goes a keeper who couldn't catch a cold, in comes one of the best in the league in the last decade, along with one of the best wide men we have ever had. Jeff takes the next step up in the ladder on the way to management glory . . . and leads Pats to what is it, seven defeats in eight games!!
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    The we REALLY got the dest deal - out goes a keeper who couldn't catch a cold, in comes one of the best in the league in the last decade, along with one of the best wide men we have ever had. Jeff takes the next step up in the ladder on the way to management glory . . . and leads Pats to what is it, seven defeats in eight games!!
    He can't take a kickout either, every time he kicks it, it hits someone in the stand or else goes out over the stand entirely.

As for Barry Ryan, great shot-stopper, decent kick and always roaring at the defence

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    It got fairly intense there between Rico and Disco Tony for a minute. Rico is, however, wrong to say that attendences are down because the football is not 'exciting' enough. He seems to be blaming poor attendences on this alone, when we know that there are a myriad of reasons why the attendences are poor. For example, I saw a super 4-3 match in Prague on Sunday, attended by a paltry 872 people. This would've been game-of-the-season material here, but it was just another game there. Exciting, techinically-competent football is not enough. The EPL and Celtic are the big name brands. The LOI is supermarket own-label. Changing this mentality will be the start of increasing crowds.

Faz's goal was a cracker, though. Brilliant strike.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post
    It got fairly intense there between Rico and Disco Tony for a minute. Rico is, however, wrong to say that attendences are down because the football is not 'exciting' enough. He seems to be blaming poor attendences on this alone, when we know that there are a myriad of reasons why the attendences are poor. For example, I saw a super 4-3 match in Prague on Sunday, attended by a paltry 872 people. This would've been game-of-the-season material here, but it was just another game there. Exciting, techinically-competent football is not enough. The EPL and Celtic are the big name brands. The LOI is supermarket own-label. Changing this mentality will be the start of increasing crowds.

Faz's goal was a cracker, though. Brilliant strike.
    i agree with that, its all about marketing.
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.
    Muhammad Ali

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12