Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do The Powers That Be Read Foot.ie ?

Celbridge aka C-Bridge aka The CBDG/Leeson Street
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do The Powers That Be Read Foot.ie ?

Hmm, that rhymes.

Every other day folk post up new ideas on league structure etc on everything from academies, to cup competitions, leagues and so on. Infact it seems its the only purpose some people are here..!

I've only been on foot.ie for about 2 years, but is there any indication that They have ever read the articles/nicked the good ideas? Have to admit this place has a massive ideas turnover, has to be a diamond in the rough somewhere that Abbotstown couldn't resist nabbing in the past?
    "Football's not a matter of life and death... its much more important than that"

http://pintofunspecific.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I would assume that they have somebody that would have the odd look around here. In fact I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think it would be severe neglect if they didn't have someone having a look around here. It's the one place to find a group of usually very committed fans of a diverse range of clubs in the same place at the same time.
    DCFC

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I can tell you for a fact they do. About 6 years I made a post on a football website about the shop (or lack there of) on the FAI website. And lo and behold, 6 years later its only a few weeks from opening. So keep those idea's coming!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Hopefully they didn't read any of CelticTiger's suggestions..
    www.dundalkfc.com

Colin Scanlon - hero!

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    I was in a few meetings with the FAI a while back (the NLSA thing), and one of the things that came up was asking us to try and stop people posting so many negative things about the FAI on here. They're fairly conscious of the amount of bad press on here, it seems (more so than is sensible really).

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I was in a few meetings with the FAI a while back (the NLSA thing), and one of the things that came up was asking us to try and stop people posting so many negative things about the FAI on here. They're fairly conscious of the amount of bad press on here, it seems (more so than is sensible really).

wow interesting, thats good to know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holidaysong View Post
    Hopefully they didn't read any of CelticTiger's suggestions..
    Hopefully they dont stray into the Off Topic section or we'll all be dismissed as a shower of weirdo loser types.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfish View Post
    Hopefully they dont stray into the Off Topic section or we'll all be dismissed as a shower of weirdo loser types.
    They all support Liverpool or man utd, they already think we're weirdo loser types
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    try and stop people posting so many negative things about the FAI on here.

Pineapple Ztu, ve must make zem comply mit our vishes!

If they want people to stop criticising them they should get their act together.
    DCFC

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I know from personal experience that they're very aware of what goes up on here and quite likely to try and find out who put it up. A few other members have similar stories I believe.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pól-dcfc View Post
    If they want people to stop criticising them they should get their act together.
    Yeah, that's part of it.

Thing is, even if they were running things very well, they'd still get heaps of abuse over any tiny thing that went wrong, or was perceived to be wrong.

Also, there's a tendency to become institutionalised in a place like that - even fair, valid ciriticism is seen as an unreasonable attack on you and the people you work with.

Besides, I'm sure at least half the stuff we get aggitated about is just plain wrong (rumours, misinterpretations, spin from some ****ed off manager or chairman), and it must be galling for them to take stick over that.

But yeah, as long as there are clubs being denied a licence over the colour of pen used, and other clubs being given one in spite of not having the resources to last half a season, they'll get hassle here.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Nick Leeson.

Nick Leeson at a Galway Utd fans forum asked the fans to not post most of what was discussed up on our unoffical site M.B.Didnt the Drogs Chairman(name escapes me) make a similar plea to their fans too a few months ago??My point being that the "they"(FAI Board etc) might not be much aware of fans on the net but Chairmen seem to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    Yeah, that's part of it.

Thing is, even if they were running things very well, they'd still get heaps of abuse over any tiny thing that went wrong, or was perceived to be wrong.

Also, there's a tendency to become institutionalised in a place like that - even fair, valid ciriticism is seen as an unreasonable attack on you and the people you work with.

Besides, I'm sure at least half the stuff we get aggitated about is just plain wrong (rumours, misinterpretations, spin from some ****ed off manager or chairman), and it must be galling for them to take stick over that.

But yeah, as long as there are clubs being denied a licence over the colour of pen used, and other clubs being given one in spite of not having the resources to last half a season, they'll get hassle here.
    Every organisation in the world has to put up with unwarranted stick. To be perfectly fair, the FAI haven't covered themselves in glory. True, they arranged MNS for us. Yeah, advertising has got slightly better. But the licensing has been a farce, and that's the one thing (ok, it's a series of loads of smaller things) that could actually make the league a bit more popular.

Until they make clubs stick to their commitments, particularly in relation to stadia, they will be criticised. Asking a member to try and stop people outlining their gripes on a forum isn't on.
    DCFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pól-dcfc View Post
    Every organisation in the world has to put up with unwarranted stick. To be perfectly fair, the FAI haven't covered themselves in glory. True, they arranged MNS for us. Yeah, advertising has got slightly better. But the licensing has been a farce, and that's the one thing (ok, it's a series of loads of smaller things) that could actually make the league a bit more popular.

Until they make clubs stick to their commitments, particularly in relation to stadia, they will be criticised.
    Yeah, I don't disagree with you on any of that.

I still hold some (possibly naive) hope that licensing will gradually come good, that Bohs are the last club with a rotten financial basis, and that we'll eventually have a league where I would be genuinely surprised to hear that some players weren't paid this month, but every new financial crisis eats away at that. I don't trust them when they say that things are improving. The FAI's attitude has long seemed to be that if no one hears about it, it's not a problem. Which leads us neatly to...
    Asking a member to try and stop people outlining their gripes on a forum isn't on.
    Yeah. They want us to shut up and trust them, but they rarely give us any reason to trust them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    I would say its more important to make clubs live up to the financial committments than anything else, espically wages, tranfers and general spending
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passerrby View Post
    I would say its more important to make clubs live up to the financial committments than anything else, espically wages, tranfers and general spending
    Except that they have a habit of making committments they can't keep. But yeah, good financial management is the right thing to emphasise. You can build on that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The FAI banned STIG from being sold in Belfield Park because we published an article implying that Shels were in financial trouble.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bald Student View Post
    The FAI banned STIG from being sold in Belfield Park because we published an article implying that Shels were in financial trouble.
    well there ya go writing such rubbish .shels in trouble whoever heard the like, they must have been scarlet when it didnt come true
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    For the sake of reminiscing, here's the cover of the article.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast