Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest 1/5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student View Post
    UCD could very easily have scored about eight tonight against Longford. We squandered lots of clear goal chances.

Well done to Limerick on holding Fingal.
    There keeper had a blinder tonight. We should have won but in fairness the Limerick defence stood firm. At least the limerick team try to play a bit of football unlike another team i could mention. Williams was the stand out player on the night. Man of the match by a mile.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamper.sffc View Post
    At least the limerick team try to play a bit of football unlike another team i could mention..
    Is it a team that will be ahead of you if they win their game in hand/get the walkover they deserve?
    Lets redefine what it means to heal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Shels looking for freebies again?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    You're in the league one full year, and you already think you have a clue? Shush.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Same old shels

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Was at the Bohs game. The 5-0 was fully justified. Bohs should have gone in 3-0 at the break. Vollies from Deegan (saved) and Byrne (over) before Byrne and Crowe linked up after some shoddy midfield play by Dundalk to get the first. It really was all Bohs, and the fact that they needed a penalty to finally get the second goal shouldn't detract from their dominance. Dundalk only had one chance of note, Mansaram hitting the side netting. Georgie was played in a deep-lying midfield role which nullified him as an attacking force - however, I know they were short-handed before the game.

Great Dundalk support, though. Must've been 2 or 3 hundred there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFShels View Post
    Is it a team that will be ahead of you if they win their game in hand/get the walkover they deserve?

Maybe the FAI should promote ye as punishment to Harps too?

Some of the things ye are coming out with is just laughable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post
    Was at the Bohs game. The 5-0 was fully justified. Bohs should have gone in 3-0 at the break. Vollies from Deegan (saved) and Byrne (over) before Byrne and Crowe linked up after some shoddy midfield play by Dundalk to get the first. It really was all Bohs, and the fact that they needed a penalty to finally get the second goal shouldn't detract from their dominance. Dundalk only had one chance of note, Mansaram hitting the side netting. Georgie was played in a deep-lying midfield role which nullified him as an attacking force - however, I know they were short-handed before the game.

Great Dundalk support, though. Must've been 2 or 3 hundred there.
    Dundalk were hard done by, Keegan should have been sent off, if not for the first challange on Turner but certainly for the two footed one Daly.

The pitch seemed a bit bobbly.....I wonder will Fenlon make an official complaint
    "Overwhelmed"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by showgies View Post
    Dundalk were hard done by, Keegan should have been sent off, if not for the first challange on Turner but certainly for the two footed one Daly.

The pitch seemed a bit bobbly.....I wonder will Fenlon make an official complaint
    Perhaps Keegan should have been sent off, I didn't really see it.

Dundalk were completely outclassed, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    At least the limerick team try to play a bit of football unlike another team i could mention.
    Give it a rest will you. These are the tactics that got us to within a minute of promotion last year and have us 4th with a game in hand this year. They work so leave it be.
    Was at the Bohs match(couldnt make it to Donegal). 5-0 was fair. Was cruel that 3 of the goals came with little time left and Dundalk down to 9 but overall it was fair. Crowe had a good game but it was funny to hear him get the man of the match award after Jayo scored 4.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GalwayRed View Post
    Give it a rest will you. These are the tactics that got us to within a minute of promotion last year and have us 4th with a game in hand this year. They work so leave it be.
    Was at the Bohs match(couldnt make it to Donegal). 5-0 was fair. Was cruel that 3 of the goals came with little time left and Dundalk down to 9 but overall it was fair. Crowe had a good game but it was funny to hear him get the man of the match award after Jayo scored 4.
    You missed a cracker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFShels View Post
    You're in the league one full year, and you already think you have a clue? Shush.
    Riiigghhhtt. Because all fingal fans suddenly just started watching football a year ago

I didnt say they didnt work. Its just horrible stuff to watch. I knew yous where playing the long ball but i didnt realise until the game against us how much yous used it. Why even have a midfield?
    Last edited by Lamper.sffc; 02/05/2009 at 11:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I didnt say they didnt work. Its just horrible stuff to watch. I knew yous where playing the long ball but i didnt realise until the game against us how much yous used it. Why even have a midfield?
    Fingal fans didnt enjoy watching us?........Shame that.
    In fairness we didnt have a midfield when we played you. McAllister, Cassidy and McGill all missed that game so maybe you can appreciate why we didnt take your centre midfield on when it could be avoided.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    In fairness Lamper, anyone who's surprised to see a Keely team play the long ball probably hasn't been following the game for very long.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Heggy View Post
    Maybe the FAI should promote ye as punishment to Harps too?

Some of the things ye are coming out with is just laughable.
    The pitch was confirmed as unplayable, because of acts taken out by Harps, not Shels, this match was called off 30 minutes before kick off, how it can be simply replayed is madness to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post
    Dundalk were completely outclassed, though.
    You do realise that Bohs scored most of their goals when we were down to 9 men, thanks to Keegan nearly breaking Michael Daly's leg and the referee deciding it'd be a great laugh to send Singh off. We probably would have lost anyway, but 5-0 was nowhere near a fair reflection on the actual game.
    www.dundalkfc.com

Colin Scanlon - hero!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Fingal fans didnt enjoy watching us?........Shame that.
    In fairness we didnt have a midfield when we played you. McAllister, Cassidy and McGill all missed that game so maybe you can appreciate why we didnt take your centre midfield on when it could be avoided.
    Fair enough point. But you have been playing that way when they have been in the team, from what iv read from shels fans anyway. I havent seen that sort of long ball tactics since the jack charlton era. stone age stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Fair enough point. But you have been playing that way when they have been in the team, from what iv read from shels fans anyway. I havent seen that sort of long ball tactics since the jack charlton era. stone age stuff.
    Yet we've dropped less points than you lads, funny that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    In fairness Lamper, anyone who's surprised to see a Keely team play the long ball probably hasn't been following the game for very long.
    When did i say i was surprised? I just commented on how horrible it was. Last season they played that way but on occasion they did play some football. At morton last time out this was not the case.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holidaysong View Post
    You do realise that Bohs scored most of their goals when we were down to 9 men, thanks to Keegan nearly breaking Michael Daly's leg and the referee deciding it'd be a great laugh to send Singh off. We probably would have lost anyway, but 5-0 was nowhere near a fair reflection on the actual game.
    Bohs dominated from start to finish. May have needed a penalty for the 2nd goal, but it would have come regardless. Dundalk were outclassed.

Harpal Singh once again fails to complete 90 mins at Dalymount.

Connor the spoofer at it again. Gets beaten 5-0 so what does he do?
    He walks down to the Dundalk fans giving it loads & hugging his players coming off the pitch

Refused to talk to the press after the game as well. First time Connor ever turned down the chance to waffle on.

Same pattern seems to emerging with Dundalk as with Bohs. Has decent squad of players but can't actually get them to play football.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast