Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Collins v Keegan on Friday night should be good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Black and White View Post
    See him when the whistle went, he ran over in front of the shed with his arms aloft screaming and shouting! Thats a player thats going to be a fans favourite!
    i've never been fond of badge kissers and i make no exception. Suppose it was his relief to be finally playing more than his love of dfc. A lot of football to be played from now until november.

Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    He's already taken the LoI Badge Kisser of the Year title from the previous owner (Dave Rogers). Seriously, on your debut?!

He bossed midfield on Friday and looked very fit, but he was certainly helped by Derry's midfield pairing of Casper the Friendly Ghost (Martyn) and the human fussball (Higgins, good boot on him but can only move a few feet left or right).

If he keeps the head and plays regularly (never managed it before) Dundalk could easily finish top half.
    I hope so. I've spoken to him once or twice earlier in the season and a thoroughly nice chap. He will be wound up no doubt by opposing players and opposing supporters but he needs to be mature about it and not let it get to him. He is what 30 so he should be able to deal with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxy lilywhite View Post
    Mickey put in a great shift on Friday night and looked well in the centre of the park. A few very important blocks and was talking the boys others through the game who may of been drifting off. Can see why Connor wanted him so much from the start.
    MOTM in my opinion
    Was he not meant to be serving a two match ban from when he got his clearance?
    Not stirring, just remember seeing that on here somewhere, got sent off in a friendly or somethig didn't he?
    Hope you sorted that one out before he played.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Had a quick look at what the English FA say in these situations - couldn't find anything for Non-Contract Players - so I assume they come under the same umbrella as any other player.

A player who is dismissed from the Field of Play for Violent Conduct, Serious Foul Play or spitting at an opponent or any other person whether he has previously been cautioned in the match or not, will be suspended automatically from all domestic League, League Cup, FA Challenge Cup and Trophy matches and Friendly matches commencing on the 14th day following the match in which he was sent off and until such time as his Club’s recognised Senior Team has completed three matches in approved Competitions during the period covered by its opening match in the Football Conference (North and South Divisions) / Isthmian / Northern Premier / Southern League and ending with the final match in which the Club is playing in a domestic Competition organised by The Football Association, the Football Conference (North and South Divisions) / Isthmian / Northern Premier / Southern League or matches concerning a Club’s nominated County Senior Cup Competition plus a fine of £40.
    So if they apply those rules - then any suspension would have been served with the first three League games Dundalk played this season.
    Kom Igen, FCK...

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok View Post
    Was he not meant to be serving a two match ban from when he got his clearance?
    Not stirring, just remember seeing that on here somewhere, got sent off in a friendly or somethig didn't he?
    Hope you sorted that one out before he played.
    Michael Collins has not received any suspension, and was 100% clear to play last Friday

This nonsense was first posted here by Flume on Saturday. It was subsequently "backed-up" by the same poster with a faked version of a FAI press release. For some reason moderator Dahamsta decided to leave the original post stand, but deleted the post with the fake press release, and any post which challenged it.

I notice also that subsequent posts to yours in this thread have been censored/deleted. (I don't expect this post to last long either!)

Quote Originally Posted by Flume View Post
    Dundalk's Michael Collins played last night, despite the fact that he was to serve a one game suspension. I'd expect the points to go to Derry.
    Last edited by Ezeikial; 06/07/2009 at 4:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    I notice also that subsequent posts to yours in this thread have been censored/deleted. (I don't expect this post to last long either!)
    My own subsequent post said something along the lines of "I guess I was taken in by an elaborate scam so". I had come across the fake story, believed it, hadn't seen it was deleted and was asking a genuine question.

Maybe the reason that dahamsta left my original post there was because he realised it was a genuine [albeit misled] question? I don't care if it's removed or not, if it's causing gnashing of teeth up in Dundalk.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok View Post
    My own subsequent post said something along the lines of "I guess I was taken in by an elaborate scam so". I had come across the fake story, believed it, hadn't seen it was deleted and was asking a genuine question.

Maybe the reason that dahamsta left my original post there was because he realised it was a genuine [albeit misled] question? I don't care if it's removed or not, if it's causing gnashing of teeth up in Dundalk.
    I had assumed you were genuine in your question, and the original post I referred to was by Flume (who also posted the fake press release).

I doubt if it is causing any gnashing of teeth in Dundalk; only those who wanted to believe it could really have been fooled by a very illiterate scam:
    "Michael Collins (Unattached) suspended for TWO (2) competitive matches as a result of having been sent off v Drogheda United (24.02.09). Suspension to be served in his first two games under FAI juristiction"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123