Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Tralee Dynamos FC

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufc2000 View Post
    I think Cavan would come in under the Monaghan Utd banner of support, both these counties have a joint district league don't they?

I wouldn't regard Offaly or Laois as major GAA areas, certainly not on the same level as Tipperary anyways. Offaly and Laois would be no different to Westmeath, Wexford and other counties. Tullamore and Portlaoise have shown tentative interest in the recent past. No reason why there couldn't be a team from Tipperary, perhaps Clonmel or somewhere. Always wondered why Kildare County, never really took off, a team out on the commuter belt, growing population out there, would've been an ideal area for a team
    I would. Just because the county teams aren't up to much right now doesn't mean they have any less of a commitment to GAA then Tipp or Kerry. From my own observation, the local scene in Laois is very strong.

As for Kildare, well its a commuter area with a substantial population of people not from the area. I live in Maynooth currently and a lot of the population (outside of students) are Dubs or from outside Kildare. If they have an interest in LoI, they follow teams from their "real" home, while the native locals might bring themselves to see Lucan or Leixlip United in small numbers. I certainly couldn't see the support for an LoI team sprouting up around here.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Sounds strange that Kildare wouldn't be a runner, even if they re-entered as Newbridge Town, can't see anything happening in Offaly, as Tullamore were fairly reluctant to go down the semi-pro route. Agree that the Clonmel clubs would be a high enough standard, but they seem content with junior football, so ultimately you're left with Kerry, Carlow and possibly a Mayo team in terms of potential newcomers. The major question is how far new clubs could progress up the First Division table, given they'd have to stay amateur the first few seasons to build up their facilities - the bar to avoid finishing last doesn't seem to high, but catching Athlone, Harps and Waterford would be a different matter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    This leaves Kerry, Carlow, Laois, Tipperary, Offaly and Cavan.

Carlow and Kerry already had LOI bids turned down and I don't see the others happening. Aside from Cavan there's no argument for a football team in a big GAA area like Offaly, Tipp or Laois.

I did say the the league could do with an extra 6 to 7. You're breakdown matches that in terms of numbers. The FAI should be looking at getting league clubs in these areas as a focal point for the development of the game. Alas, it is not looking to do it.

I wouldn't expect a 26 county thing to work but definitely having a higher percentage of the country with a league club. As mentioned before, there are areas where the nearest clubs is a good drive away. More local clubs are needed with the help of promotion from local radio and papers.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    A local reporter wrote a few weeks back in the Kerry's Eye paper that Dynamos 1st team (A-Championship team) should not be allowed back in to Kerry Premier A next season as they do not deserve to be on merit and should be made work their way back up through the divisions??? I think thats a bit harsh considering they left to play in the LOI representing the town and county. It is also rumoured that the Kerry league have informed the club that Tralee Dynamos 1st team (A-Championship team) will now be playing in the 3rd division of kerry soccer next season. Can somone from the club confirm what KDL division the Tralee Dynamos 1st team will be playing in next year??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kerryfan View Post
    It is also rumoured that the Kerry league have informed the club that Tralee Dynamos 1st team (A-Championship team) will now be playing in the 3rd division of kerry soccer next season. Can somone from the club confirm what KDL division the Tralee Dynamos 1st team will be playing in next year??
    I was talking to some members of the KDL, and some Dynamos players and they are all saying Dynamos will be playing in the third tier next year. However it is not harsh in my view. Why should Dynamos get into the premier instead of the team who finished 3rd in Premier B?

They will have to work up through the divisions again, its the only and fairest way!

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    I think that's outrageous. Surely a way could be found to accommodate them in the top tier? When clubs move up from the Donegal or Inishowen leagues to the USL they are accommodated in the top tier again if they drop out of the intermediate league.

This and some of the comments on here make me suspect that there's an element of resenting Dynamos for getting above their station in the attitude towards them in Kerry.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You dont think its harsh?? Come on Kerrysock, sure they left to play in a national league against big LOI clubs and done very well. They also gave loads local players from Kerry the chance to play at a higher level and better themselves. Are you saying that they should be punished for this and be made work their way up through the Kerry league lower divisions because the FAI scrapped the A Championship?? As far as I remember Dynamos are always the top side in Kerry and nearly every year they win the league or finish runners up. When Dynamos and Kilarney Celtic played in the MSL we had the same problem and the Kerry league accomadated them both when they returned. What makes it soo different now?? Surely the Park or any other team would love to try and win a league when Dynamos are represented in the league cause lets face it, its not the same otherwise.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    All I've to say on the matter is that the current KDL team was the Dynamos "B" team before the "A" team went senior, so if the "A" team went into Premier A, it would just be restoring the old status quo with the Park, Castleisland, Killarney Celtic etc in terms of having two teams in the league. In any case, with Tralee Celtic having withdrawn last season, another team will have to be added to Premier A.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kerryfan View Post
    You dont think its harsh?? Come on Kerrysock, sure they left to play in a national league against big LOI clubs and done very well. They also gave loads local players from Kerry the chance to play at a higher level and better themselves. Are you saying that they should be punished for this and be made work their way up through the Kerry league lower divisions because the FAI scrapped the A Championship??
    I do think its unfortunate but it is the only fair option in my view as the 3rd placed team in premier B has much more of a right to get promoted than Dynamos. Also, If Dynamos had not neglected their KDL team they wouldnt be in this predicament. Dynamos and the KDL have a very poor relationship - it was never going to happen.

By the way if I had my way Dynamos would be back in Premier A as we all want the best teams in the top division but it looks like its dead in the water now...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Congrats to Paul White on signing for Cork as their Under-19 keeper - still only 17, a good season could well see him break into the senior squad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Any reasons as to why Dynamos didn't apply for the U-19 League, have they dropped their ambitions to become an LoI club?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Just wouldn't be able to raise the money to see out a season, so the U-19 team just ended up a casualty of all that. The focus will be on the KDL for the next few years, partly to rebuild at junior level, but also until it becomes clear how many LoI teams will survive the current carnage.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    correct details are Dynamos applied for division 1 licence when we were refused and the circumstances around the refusal were unacceptable to all in the club. if we could not provide the complete pathway for our players we did not want any part of it....fact

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1dynamos View Post
    correct details are Dynamos applied for division 1 licence when we were refused and the circumstances around the refusal were unacceptable to all in the club. if we could not provide the complete pathway for our players we did not want any part of it....fact

Fact you say eh? Where is this coming from, because, from what I hear, that's most certainly not the case.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    not just fact but 100% truth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1dynamos View Post
    not just fact but 100% truth.
    Then I'll just have to take your word for it so
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

17. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    John Delaney, speaking at a KDL awards night, stated that the major obstacle to a Kerry team making an application is the dual registration rule, but that the FAI were working to resolve that issue. If the licensing process is similar to last year, then any club would have to submit their application by the end of the month, so apart from GUST, doubt there will be many new applications for 2013.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    Fixing the dual registration issue would be a massive step forward for Irish football and would be an important first step in joining up the different levels of the game.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    With the FAI statement stating that "other entities" could apply to join, does that suggest the issue surrounding representative teams has been sorted, and if so, will the KDL and the Mayo District League consider applying?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Dynamos have called a meeting for next week to debate the pros and cons of submitting a 2013 application - the crucial question being how much infrastructural and financial progress has occurred in the last seven months? Meanwhile, the club has also launched its first womens' team, which will play in the Desmond League alongside Listowel Celtic. Returning to the League format, it seems the FAI have asked all four clubs rejected in February to reapply, so as well as Tralee, Carlow, Cobh and GUST will have to do some soul-searching in the coming weeks (presumably Thursday's Galway Report will also be a factor).

22. Thanks From:

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast