Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Tralee Dynamos FC

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Cahermoneen will be ready for Friday's appraisal, and confidence remains about securing a licence, but the latest spanner in the works could be a possible Cobh withdrawal of their application.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by culloty82 View Post
    Cahermoneen will be ready for Friday's appraisal, and confidence remains about securing a licence, but the latest spanner in the works could be a possible Cobh withdrawal of their application.
    Cobh have not withdrawn their licence application they are trying to pay off the player mercerneries
    the sub

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    That's good to know, the reporter was writing about "Ramblers on the brink of ending their bid" and questioning "their willingness to participate in their league" - will link to it once it's posted on the Kerryman's site, but who knows where he got his claims from - edit, just the second half of the story here, but the first bit was basically a recap of Thursday.
    Last edited by culloty82; 01/02/2012 at 7:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    What is the latest update on Dynamos getting into the first division? It looks like it is dying a death if you ask me.

I cannot understand why Tralee Dynamos went out on their own on this one. Financially it is not viable in my opinion, the a-championship attendances were terribly low (there was more supporters at most junior soccer KDL games) - a testimony to the fact that a team under the Tralee Dynamos banner is not going to get any support from the kerry soccer supporters.

A kerry league team under the kerry banner is the only way forward here, no other way is financially possible - simple as that!

I hope Tralee Dynamos do not get a license - I dont want to see the club go out of existence due to financial reasons, it would be a shame for all involved in kerry soccer.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    They had expected word on their licence either yesterday or today, but now it seems like the rest of the clubs, that the Licensing Committee meeting will be Sunday night, with the decisions announced next Monday morning. I fully agree with you that it would be preferable if there were a Kerry soccer team in the First Division, and when the KDL U-20 side were performing well a number of years ago, that looked likely, but the meeting they held to organise a full League application broke up without agreement, and the FAI then ruled that district teams couldn't enter the A Championship. That was the only reason Dynamos broke away, and in fairness to them, any reports seem to state that they have met all the licensing criteria, can't comment on their financial state, but the plans seem fine in theory, whether the targets are being met is another matter. Even if it didn't work out, the worst that would happen is they'd go back to the Premier A of the KDL, if the KDL have no plans to enter the League, they can't join up with them before then, and that would be 2013 at the earliest.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    you and Kerry soccer are the shame...what do you suggest for all young players in Kerry to aspire to? no League of Ireland soccer just because of bigots who have no interest whatsoever in seeing a soccer team do its best to provide an opportunity for these players. Remember over 80 players from 14 different clubs between U19,20 & senior have played. Dynamos could not have gone ahead without the support of these players. Its about time people support those who invest their hard earned cash in developing players and giving them the chance.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    I suspect Kerrysock writes for a weekly freesheet, where he does genuinely praise Dynamos' results - that said, he does come across more bitter here than he does in his columns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The fact is in general Dynamos are not liked by anyone outside of themselves in Kerry, and the attendances are there to prove this fact. It is a sad fact but true. And alot of this is down to the KDL chairman and co which is unfair. But you accusing the whole Kerry soccer public of being bigots for not attending dynamos games? Im telling you the main reason for poor attendance is because the clubs perception in Kerry is unfavourable and also the Kerry public do not have an interest in supporting a "dynamos" team in the a-championship (or first division for that matter).

By the way I like dynamos and I think they have served Kerry soccer well, but I dont think they should go alone on this one as it will be financial suicide for the club. They have already fallen behind due to the financial investments required to compete in the a-championship. St Brendans Park, Killarney Celtic and Listowel Celtic (to name a few) all have surpassed dynamos with facilities e.g. all have excellent all-weather pitches. They have invested in the club facilities as opposed to entering "expensive" national competition.

The only viable option ever for a Kerry LOI team is to have a Kerry team flying the Kerry banner - with underlying support from all junior clubs. And this is a while away yet in my view.

It looks like dynamos have been snubbed by the LOI anyway: http://www.fai.ie/domestic-a-grassro...ague/news.html

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    In a perfect world there would probably be a Kerry FC representing everyone in Kerry but at this stage it would be very messy to try organise I would think. Most teams now have their own top facilities with their own problems to worry about and probably wouldn't want the hassle of being involved.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    I think Jofspring has hit the nail on the head - there's a significant difference within the KDL Premier between clubs who are content to play part-time football, and the bigger clubs who want to move on to the next level. The early failed ventures into the MSL put off ambitions, but that came at a time when results at national level were far inferior to the present, and similarly Lisselton's collapse might cause the KDL Executive to think twice. Killarney Celtic, for example, have gone as far as they can within the Kerry structures, but unless they could convince clubs like the Park or Castleisland to join forces, they would be as well off to join one of the Munster intermediate leagues. So, until such a time as the situation changes, Dynamos can't be faulted for their ambition, and if they get the moral victory of a licence, then they've another 12 months to keep fundraising.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Guys, the crucial fact is being ignored - it is not financially viable. I agree that Dynamos cant be faulted for their ambition but they cant afford this venture. The financial backing is not there simple as that! Also what point is a "moral" victory of a license when they cannot afford first division football in the first place and Fran Gavin said that a license does "not" guarantee you a place in the league. The FAI have noticed this and have not entered them into the league as a result. Would it not be more in the clubs line to invest in facilities? Now the club are left in no-mans land, the munster senior league is midway through its season so that is a non-runner. The KDL is also midway through its season and will not allow dynamos to enter in the premier division so they can only play on in division 1b which is 3 divisions below the premier. Its a shambles, a complete mess.

I might be coming across as anti-dynamos but I am not. They are historically the greatest club that Kerry have and have done so much for the soccer community in Kerry. I just feel that the club has completely lost contact with the grassroot supporters. A move back into KDL is the right option for the club, where they can attempt to take over again as the best team in Kerry, invest in facilities/grassroots and challenge for major honours in junior football such as the FAI junior cup etc

So in a nutshell, dynamos cannot afford this, so they should re-enter the KDL, re-invest in facilities and take it from there - probably a hard pill to swallow but this is the reality!

Thoughts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    In a perfect world there'd be a third tier. I'd like to to see the FAI open to the possibility of a third tier returning at some stage. The genesis report into the league seemed to spark the idea of having some pathway for clubs to join the League of Ireland, putting the League of Ireland firmly at the top of the footballing ladder. The lack of interest in joining the A Championship can't be ignored at the same time.
    The FAI at least should speak with clubs around the country and sound them out for what'd be required for them to get involved, if a regionalised league is to return.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Wasn't there a Kerry League team played in the league cup in recent years at LOI level or did I imagine that? It's not totally out of the question, but if Dynamos were to launch into the league again, they'd need some sort of agreement with the KDL and all the teams to join together and launch what would be a true County Kerry team which realistically would be the strongest option for everyone involved in Kerry football.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Nigel your right that there was a Kerry League side in the League cup. It is also on record in both voice and print media that Kerry League will not be applying for LOI soccer. Killarney Celtic Chairman is on record stating that the club will remain a junior league entity and good luck to them. Neither Brendan's Park or Castleisland have ever expressed an interest in applying for Club Licence. For a League of Ireland team to survive in Kerry or for any other county its needs all the groupings to come together to achieve this. People should use this forum with suggestions on what is needed to be done to achieve League of Ireland football for Kerry in whatever form it is achieved. Remember the reasons we are doing this is to get the best players in Kerry to have a platform to display their talents. That has yet to be achieved yet despite the League of Ireland 92 seasons. Every club have had really very good players over the past 4/5 decades but never got the opportunity to show it on a National stage. Thats why we should work together to achieve this couple of thousand kids playing the game in Kerry surely we can provide 1 team.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Chances are there are not enough people who care about bringing LOI to Kerry to make a generally representative club work. Nice idea, difficult in practice because you're asking people to put serious commitment into an entirely new entity.

On the other hand existing clubs like Tralee already have people that care a lot and want to bring them to LOI level, but can't draw widespread support as they're closely associated with an existing entity.

Kinda of a catch 22. But it could be solved with real leadership and a willingness from Kerry football to back it. After all, these clubs could benefit massively if any of their players make it big due to FIFA solidarity payments and a path to LOI level would make that a lot more likely.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    A Kerry League team did take part in the U21 league, as did the Mayo League. The Kerry League continue to be involved in the League Cup. I enjoyed the day we knocked out Waterford United.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Any ideas what Dynamos are going to do now?...I think it is likely that they will rejoin the KDL

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    It seems Dynamos will be awarded a First Division licence today, as today's papers state that should a vacancy arise in the First Division, they would be elected. That said, it still appears highly unlikely, but the club can expect news on their application around lunchtime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    http://breakingnews.ie/sport/soccer/...es-539944.html

It's official. All over. Sad news, was really looking forward to seeing League of Ireland football come to Kerry. From here Tralee should join forces with a number of clubs and lobby the FAI for a league to be created for their involvement within the League of Ireland. Some level is better than not at all.
    Hard luck to all involved with Dynamos. The work put in in recent years has been impressive and I'm sure they'll get their rewards in the near future.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    http://breakingnews.ie/sport/soccer/...es-539944.html

It's official. All over. Sad news, was really looking forward to seeing League of Ireland football come to Kerry. From here Tralee should join forces with a number of clubs and lobby the FAI for a league to be created for their involvement within the League of Ireland. Some level is better than not at all.
    Hard luck to all involved with Dynamos. The work put in in recent years has been impressive and I'm sure they'll get their rewards in the near future.
    Does this mean Dynamos are going back to the KDL so?...Any extra "3rd tier" league is not going to happen, simple as that! In my view clubs around Kerry should get together now and row behind Dynamos to aim for a Kerry team into the LOI.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast