Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What team should I follow?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sheao View Post
    I'd reckon go for Galway! If you are mainly based in Dublin they will be playing most of their away games there anyway when they play the likes of Bohs,St Pats and Shamrock Rovers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    obviously Im going to agree here, but you could also add in drogs, dundalk and bray there as they are vitrually just down the road !
    That gives you 12 league games in (relatively) easy reach if you did choose Galway, plus there's bound to be a few cup games up there as we make our way to the two finals this year

My Dad was an avid Athlone Town fan and still obviously follows them, yet as we live in Galway he has a season ticket for Terryland. I was brought along in the 80's as a schoolboy and despite living around the country for best part of a decade I find myself back in Galway and a season-ticketer again. I admit though, I found time for a wry smile on Friday as I saw the Athlone result come in. I think you need to find your own club to follow using much of the advice on here to help you along. You'll still watch the Galway results and smile as we surprise all you Dubs this year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just thought I'd pop back in to let you all know how I got on.

Went to a game of each of my most local teams, out of the three I saw Fingal lose, then Bohemians lose, then Shelbourne draw
    After that, I ended up with Fingal; they're my most local, and they're as new to the league as I am pretty much, Bohs and Shels have so much history that I'm just not a part of. Fingal's fledgeling nature just sits with me better, and my Dad seems to feel more comfortable with coming with me to their games seeing as they're not in direct competition with his own team, but we'll see how that pans out next season!

Thanks for all your help guys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Did you listen to anything we just said??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Well done ticktock - good to see you got to make your decision prety quickly - hope Fingal give you plenty of years of (mainly) highs & (few) lows to keep the blood boiling
    http://trophymanager.com/?c=489688
    Trophy Manager - online football managment game - I like it - I think I'm getting obsessed with it though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ticktock View Post

Went to a game of each of my most local teams, out of the three I saw Fingal lose, then Bohemians lose, then Shelbourne draw
    After that, I ended up with Fingal; they're my most local, and they're as new to the league as I am pretty much, Bohs and Shels have so much history that I'm just not a part of. Fingal's fledgeling nature just sits with me better, and my Dad seems to feel more comfortable with coming with me to their games seeing as they're not in direct competition with his own team, but we'll see how that pans out next season!

Man ure and Fingal franchise ! is this guy beyond all help ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    ah fair play to him. Would be much easier for a newcomer to just pick a big club like Bohs.

This man has dedicated himself to life in the First Division for a while yet and will probably get to see plenty of the Big Club there next season.

TickTock, just out of interest, which Bohs game did you go to and where did you watch the game from?

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    ah fair play to him. Would be much easier for a newcomer to just pick a big club like Bohs.

This man has dedicated himself to life in the First Division for a while yet and will probably get to see plenty of the Big Club there next season.
    It appears at least one "Big Club" fan can see the possibilty of Bohs in the First Division next season!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    i knew somebody would feel the need to comment on that. lol. Well done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Ahaaa. We win, all you other clubs pale in significance before the might that is SPORTING FINGAL. We have gained a new member to the fingal cause. We have battled hard and long but now it is the rest of the LOI who will worry. While fingal march on, you will all wither and die. We have the support of ticktock (and his da) and yous failed. From this one seed a mighty oak will grow and that oak will cover you all in eh Leaves Yes leaves, under these leaves you will all wither and die because these are the leaves of change my friends. Mark my words of wisdom Beware the fingal, beware

We win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win

Welcome Ticktock

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamper.sffc View Post
    Ahaaa. We win, all you other clubs pale in significance before the might that is SPORTING FINGAL. We have gained a new member to the fingal cause. We have battled hard and long but now it is the rest of the LOI who will worry. While fingal march on, you will all wither and die. We have the support of ticktock (and his da) and yous failed. From this one seed a mighty oak will grow and that oak will cover you all in eh Leaves Yes leaves, under these leaves you will all wither and die because these are the leaves of change my friends. Mark my words of wisdom Beware the fingal, beware

We win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win we win

Welcome Ticktock
    Shut up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keen2win View Post
    Shut up!
    well said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Ahaaa. We win, all you other clubs pale in significance before the might that is SPORTING FINGAL. We have gained a new member to the fingal cause. We have battled hard and long but now it is the rest of the LOI who will worry. While fingal march on, you will all wither and die. We have the support of ticktock (and his da) and yous failed. From this one seed a mighty oak will grow and that oak will cover you all in eh Leaves Yes leaves, under these leaves you will all wither and die because these are the leaves of change my friends. Mark my words of wisdomBeware the fingal, beware

Welcome Ticktock
    Pfft.....he's not even the real Tiktok.

A makey up, wanna-be tiktok to go wit a makey up, wanna be club......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    Pfft.....he's not even the real Tiktok.

A makey up, wanna-be tiktok to go wit a makey up, wanna be club......

Noooooooooooo

but i had the oak metaphor thingy

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts

Welcome Ticktock
    Does anyone remember the "Ronan Seery gets p!ssed" posting on the Dublin City website?

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts

Welcome Ticktock
    Actually I've just checked the latest results and I think you'll find that Harps win, not Fingal
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Actually I've just checked the latest results and I think you'll find that Harps win, not Fingal

Woo-hoo, finally after 55 years of trying we finally beat the mighty Fingal. It's been a long battle but yes we can now finally add Fingal to the list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Heggy View Post
    Woo-hoo, finally after 55 years of trying we finally beat the mighty Fingal. It's been a long battle but yes we can now finally add Fingal to the list.
    Your welcome.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ticktock View Post

Thank you Fingal County Council PR Department, can you now go back to earning your salary paid by the taxpayer by...say... issuing another press puff piece about one of your Developer buddies.?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Thank you Fingal County Council PR Department, can you now go back to earning your salary paid by the taxpayer by...say... issuing another press puff piece about one of your Developer buddies.?
    Saucer of milk

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Saucer of milk
    Brown paper bag.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345